Good Call!!! Wife couldn't be happier! Pic's added

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Last Sunday, we were cleaning the house then took the trash down the driveway for collection on Monday morning. Come Monday morning, my wife couldn't find her 10th year anniversary ring that I bought her a couple of months ago. We looked everywhere the last couple of minutes before heading for work. NO LUCK.

We left for work. 5 minutes after I got to work, she called. She said, "Maybe it fell in the trash can next to my table." After that phone call, I asked my supervisor if I can go home and come back. No problem there. As soon as I clocked out, I ran to the car and took off praying that they haven't picked up the trash yet. This is just after 8:00am. I got home and the trash can's still there. "Thank God" I said. Put the trash can back to the garage and went back to work.

When I got home, my wife's in the garage digging in the trash and sure enough, it was there.

She couldn't thank me enough for rushing home to put the trash can back inside.
Anyway, I just wanted to share.

Wow, that was a close call. Glad your boss was understanding and let you go back home and I'm happy she found it!

Good things happen to good people Jesse. I thought you'd have learned that by now. It's the :rulez:

:thumbsup:

Nice save is right.

For sure you would both have been at the dump looking for it !
Least I would have :hide:

No good deed goes unpunished.

Glad it worked out. :beerchug:

+1 You may want to make a permanent note somewhere so the next time you find your butt in a crack over something you can remind her of the time you risked your job, life and limb to rush home to save her ring from the trash!

Just saying you know.....:whistle:

Wow, that was a close call. Glad your boss was understanding and let you go back home and I'm happy she found it!
It sure was a close call. The worst part was it's raining that morning so people were driving really slow. I was in the car going nuts but there's nothing I can do. It's one lane both ways for about 6 miles and the whole way has solid double yellow lines.

Good things happen to good people Jesse. I thought you'd have learned that by now. It's the :rulez:
Thanks, Brian. I've seen it happen to us a couple of times. I can still remember all of them.

:thumbsup:

Save of the year :thumbsup:
Thanks.:beerchug: Exactly right.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Glad it worked out. :beerchug:
Amen, bro.

Nice save is right.

For sure you would both have been at the dump looking for it !
Least I would have :hide:
You bet I would have.

+1 You may want to make a permanent note somewhere so the next time you find your butt in a crack over something you can remind her of the time you risked your job, life and limb to rush home to save her ring from the trash!

Just saying you know.....:whistle:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

nice save, way to get double kudos out of one ring! :thumbsup:

Here's the ring. Sorry, I haven't had a chance to take a pic of it until this afternoon.

I know it's not too late to post it for those that have already read the thread. Better late than never.

4579785328_bb36a48762_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're on lucky dawg, great save! :thumbsup:
My luck I would have gotten chewed for not putting the trash out the night before. Then when the wifey calls thinking it might be in the trash and I do all the things you did to rescue it, I'd pull up to a empty can and no truck in sight. Followed that afternoon by :spank:

Good save!! I have stopped getting expensive rings. So far I am on my third wedding band. Never found the first two. :disagree:

great save. Very nice ring, Im sure she is very proud of it.

I have had to dig through the trash for my daughters retainer more than once. :)

Back