Gonna buy a Harley

klatu,
My 1st HD was a '95 Heritage Softail Classic so your Softail brings back memories (specially cleaning the laced rims).

P.S. Are those V&H Big Shots Long? Got them on mine too...another pic for the haters :whistle: (paging dmrowe)

83851-kromdom-albums-4944-02-rkc-picture29823-orange-and-bling.jpg

Yep! Same pipes you got there. Nice scooter you have there. I like the orange.
I have always liked the Samson fishpipes, but you have to have the big apes on them to go with it.:rulez: I just do not dig the apes comfort after a short while.

dmrowe:
Thanx Dennis. We will have to do some scootin, neighbor. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
klatu,
My 1st HD was a '95 Heritage Softail Classic so your Softail brings back memories (specially cleaning the laced rims).

P.S. Are those V&H Big Shots Long? Got them on mine too...another pic for the haters :whistle: (paging dmrowe)

83851-kromdom-albums-4944-02-rkc-picture29823-orange-and-bling.jpg

Oh yeah Kromdom...love that 'Creme Cycle'.

1961FLRightView-1.jpg

1961 FL
74 CID
10:1 TRW Pistons
Late Model FLH Cam
38mm Mikuni Carb
Phase III clutch & primary belt drive
Lockhart Oil Cooler
Lightened & Balanced
4 Speed Crash Box

RoadKing1.jpg

'02 FLHRCI
95 CID
SE CNC Heads
10.5:1 Forged SE Pistons
Nightprowler Cam
48mm HPI Throttle Body
Baker 6 Speed
PC III USB
Rinehart TruDuals
SE Oil Cooler

I don't like to hear anyone snivel about HD's until they have tried to kick start one cold at 4:30 AM with 60 wt. oil!

A lot of mt friends have harleys and I ride with them often . They dont like to wait for me to put my gear on I say go ahead I'll catch up. I just do not get the Harley thing I have tried but at this point in my life It's not for me
I did buy a BMW GS1150 Adventure with the hard bags and everthing.Bought it to ride to Alaska have not made it yet but I will. My Harley friends don,t believe I got a beemer instead of a Harley,
But I like it and dont see one on every block. Buy what you want

OK, I did it!!!!

Got a 2010 Dyna Superglide new for a good deal, with some add-on goodies cost me a little less than I paid for the Busa. Seems they hold their value, the 2004 used Dyna's on Ebay are around $3,000 less than I paid.

93 ft/lb torque at 3,000 RPM, motor looks like it's gonna jump out of the frame when it idles.

My friend the county commissioner here runs the Harley chapter. Lots of rides. On their last ride, they don't know it was me who started overtaking around 65 mph and when I passed the front rider I hit 150. Isn't a full face helmet with a dark visor great identity protection?

The Busa will be my Porche, the Harley my tractor and the Husky my Jeep.

Will pick it up next week Thursday, waiting for the accessories to get to the dealer to be fitted.

Congrats !Superglide's a nice ride ! Im sure you'll like it, just maybe not as much a the Busa.

Congrat's Willem, you will have to post up or PM a picture. Just got back from a 610 mile overnighter to Paso Robles, you will enjoy the road trips. :thumbsup:

Replacing a Busa with HD wouldn't work for me but can't see anything wrong with it though so more power to you :thumbsup:

Would make a great addition to any stable...If I can only have 1 bike though be some kind of sport tourer or close to it anyway :whistle:

:laugh:

Don't know what kind of people you got riding HD around there, but my riding buddies are all on cruisers, HD or metric an no one got a problem with what I ride.

IMG00563-20100625-1121.jpg

IMG00562-20100625-1121.jpg

Back