For those of you that own a Harley...

SCBQQSTN

Registered
I have had zero feedback from other harley forums, so hopefully I get something from harley owners on this site. I know this is a busa forum lol, but I know there are a good portion of harley riders in here as well

My dad has an '04 screamin eagle softail deuce. He wants to go faster. Have any of you harley owners done anything to your bikes to make it go faster? I heard the headquarters 113' kit is a popular choice to go with. Any opinions would be appreciated. Or do you guys know of any shops in Orlando that does good work on harleys. Thanks guys

I have had zero feedback from other harley forums, so hopefully I get something from harley owners on this site. I know this is a busa forum lol, but I know there are a good portion of harley riders in here as well

My dad has an '04 screamin eagle softail deuce. He wants to go faster. Have any of you harley owners done anything to your bikes to make it go faster? I heard the headquarters 113' kit is a popular choice to go with. Any opinions would be appreciated. Or do you guys know of any shops in Orlando that does good work on harleys. Thanks guys

Some people get them to do a 10.5 in the 1/4 mile spending lots of $$$$. My opininion is if you want to go fast, a Harley is not the bike to ride. I enjoy mine most in spring, plugging along at 45mph smelling the flowers and taking in the scenery.

Hd offers their line of performance mods. They arent to bad. If he has the B motor he maybe limited to boring and port and polish. Also chip it. I actually have a screaming eagle chip for fuel injection bikes sitting un opened in my tool box. If interested let me know.

That's after all the standard get a performance pipe and air filter.

How much faster does he want to make it? Alot of buddies I know are impressed with the Screamin' Eagle chips and a PERFORMANCE muffler, not just a loud one.. :laugh:

How much faster does he want to make it? Alot of buddies I know are impressed with the Screamin' Eagle chips and a PERFORMANCE muffler, not just a loud one.. :laugh:

That's the thing. He already did intake, exhaust, SE chip, tune. It dynoed a pathetic 77 rwhp/85 rwtq after those mods IIRC. I took it to the track and it ran a 13.1, not too bad actually for a harley. He wants to make it go high 11's in the 1/4. Yeah I know harleys are not built for speed, but he wants to be at least respectably (is that a word?) fast.

That's the thing. He already did intake, exhaust, SE chip, tune. It dynoed a pathetic 77 rwhp/85 rwtq after those mods IIRC. I took it to the track and it ran a 13.1, not too bad actually for a harley. He wants to make it go high 11's in the 1/4. Yeah I know harleys are not built for speed, but he wants to be at least respectably (is that a word?) fast.

From what I understand from my HD buddies is you have to pick what you want to do. You can make them quick in the 1/4 but gonna lose some streetability. Heat is the biggest concern. The quicker(bigger ci) you go the more heat you generate and that is not good on an air cooled bike.
Long cruises on open roads not so much but short trips or traffic and it will cook you.
via Tapatalk

From what I understand from my HD buddies is you have to pick what you want to do. You can make them quick in the 1/4 but gonna lose some streetability. Heat is the biggest concern. The quicker(bigger ci) you go the more heat you generate and that is not good on an air cooled bike.
Long cruises on open roads not so much but short trips or traffic and it will cook you.
via Tapatalk

From the research that I have done so far it seems like the best option for power for the bike is a nitrous kit

From the research that I have done so far it seems like the best option for power for the bike is a nitrous kit

Borrowed pic but you get the point.....turbo
Your not talking about a VRod but I bet it can be done. uploadfromtaptalk1317142170302.jpg

via Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1317142170302.jpg

No substitute for cubic inches for sure, but that runs into some money.Port and polish.My concern is heat with the air cooled especially that rear jug.

No substitute for cubic inches for sure, but that runs into some money.Port and polish.My concern is heat with the air cooled especially that rear jug.

Agreed! But I know of guys that have spent $10k + for 130ci motors and have the same issues. Now a 130ci bagger will Suprise a lot of folks.

via Tapatalk

I see the turbos and 130 CI but this is the thing, he is not looking to rip 9 second 1/4 miles on his harley. He just wants his bike to have more balls, and not lose to victory/honda/yamaha cruiser bikes lol. I think thats what pisses him off the most becuase he has raced a few and lost everytime. Those cruisers run high 11's/low 12's with a good driver while my best time on his harley was a 13.1, he just wants to know a good kit for his bike that will run mid/high 11's

What has he done with his transmission? Also I think he's limited on stroking but working toward boosting low end will help on the strip an keep it ridable.

There's always the NOS option to give a bump and then superchargers. Did he already get some high compression work done?

Plenty of good suggestions so far. Although the 2 most important questions are left unanswered

How much street riding does he do, and how "tame" does it have to be? Meaning after a huge motor is he going to be upset that it will overheat sitting, etc, etc

How many dollars can be sacrificed to the god's of speed?

My .02 get a nitrous kit of some kind, excellent kick in the pants when it's needed and its cheap + you still have a tame bike. The added "benefit" of being able to run people off with just the sight of the bottle.

Back