Getting killed with insurance! HELP!

35 no tickets, they have my vette, truck, bonneville and renters
insurance.

state farm : 672/yr 500/500 deductable

huh?

You guys have it good.

39, Married, Motorcycles for 20 yrs, no accidents, no tickets, multiple vehicle discount, and the _best_ I could find was:

3000 EUROS (about $3700) A YEAR FOR FULL Comp/Collision! On top of liability and theft! With a 1500 euro deductible!

I stuck to liability and theft (which actually costs less than my Katana!), and hope I don't cause an accident...

Sheesh. And I though the complaining about "high" gas prices was bad... (I'm paying about $6.00 a gallon at the moment, for REGULAR)

(sorry for the rant, but... sheesh...)

--Steve

My current company deals with Progressive was 1600.00/yr, Geico was over $3k. State Farm is $497.00 with 500 deduct. Was going to switch all coverage but progressive is better on the other vehicles and homeowners. BTW 41yo,married and no tickets/claims.

I too am getting reamed by the Insurance people.  My story:

I got a quote from Progressive for a GSXR-1000.  I currently have my kawi 636 with them and was paying ~450 year.  The agent quoted me ~1000 year for both bikes.  

Instead of buying the Gixxer1000, I bought the Hayabusa.  The sticker price of the Gixxer1000 was $9799.  I paid $9899 for the busa.  I assumed the premium for the busa would be a little higher than the 1000cc bike but LORD!!  ... I never expected the premium to go up 3X what 1000cc bike is.

Now logic would dictate, both bikes are roughly equal in value; they both can kill you equally as well.  So why the huge premium for a Busa?  

I've been quoted anywhere from 1300 to 1800 annual premium for the busa alone.  A Gixxer1000 quote is around 500-600.  Why?  I'm still shopping around.  Based on the posts here I've contacted State Farm and Farmers Insurance.  We'll see later how that comes out.  

info:  47 y.o., no tickets in several years, no claims in 5 years, married, two bikes ... and I'll even switch my truck over to whoever gives me a REASONABLE quote for the busa.

ndn

got a quote last week from state farm.

24 years old, 500 deduct, medical, comp/collision/liability, $700 a year

drops to a 325 when I turn 25 in August
beerchug.gif

-Kimball

Explain this to me:

Before I bought my busa, I got a quote from my insurance agent for a 2006 GSXR1000 which was the other bike I was debating whether to buy instead of the busa.

My agent gave me a quote of ~$600/year in addition to the $450/year I was already paying for my 2005 kawi ZX6R. I decided to buy the busa assuming my premium would be maybe $100 more than the premium for the 1000cc (racing bike!!). But was i wrong !!!

I've been getting quotes for two day now for a busa ranging from $1300 to as much as $2400/year ... just for the BUSA alone!

Someone tell me what's going on here? The sticker price for the two bikes were GSXR1000-$9799 and Busa-$9899. One hundred dollars difference in value. Both are equally as capable to kill you. IN FACT, I paid almost the same amount for my Kawi 636 (which is also perfectly capable of turning me into a grease spot) ... but the annual premium for it is only $450/year !!!

I'm fuming. At myself for "ass u ming" (which is making an ass of just me right now) ... and at the insurance industry who appear to be gouging like crazy those who want to buy a busa.

ndn

I have statefarm here in ohio. about $31 a month extra for me. im 41 no tickets. When I was 18 I had a goldwing and was stationed in Cal. I went with Farmers out there. Back then it was half of statefarm. Something like $600 a year. Yea I know that was back in the stoneage...

I'm 52 with one cage accident on file. State Farm has all 3 of my bikes for $700 a year full coverage and a $500 deductible. I was with them a few years back and went to Foremost because of better rates. That accident caught up to me and Foremost hit me hard at renewal this year. Went back to State Farm....they even gave me a preferred rate on my car, despite the accident seeing as how I was a previous policy holder. I could get cheaper car and home insurance but the savings on the bikes still keeps me way ahead. My car, bikes and home are now insured for about what Foremost just wanted for my bikes this year.

State Farm, under $400 yr with $500 deductable. they even cover track days =) as long as not a sanctioned race.

Guess I'm stuck. Progressive: $1300/year ... no wrecks, no claims, and they have my other bike (to the tune of $450/year) ... and what's maddening, both bikes cost about the same to buy or fix ... and I can kill myself just as easily on the 636 as the 1300.

Is it Tennessee that's the problem? ... it seems all the insurance companies I've got quotes from (8 quotes so far) ... are higher than most quotes I see here. Even good ole' State Farm is higher than most of the S.F. quotes I see here.

ndn

i have liberty mutaul they did not give any headaches about the busa. and if you have multi vehicles, and or a house policy they get better deals. just a thought
vader1.gif

After reading what some of you are paying with Statefarm, I stopped by an office after work today. Right now we are with Allstate, the 05 is 1325 full, my 03 is 224 liability. Statefarm quoted me 945 for the 05 and 900 for the 03. ?? I was expecting a lot less, we have no accidents and are over 40. What gives? Any one from the Woodbridge area that is with Statefarm and gets a better rate than this?
Barbara

Check out Foremost County Mutual Insurance Company 1-800-527-3905. P.O.Box 2450 Grand Rapids MI 49501-2450. I use them thru an Ins. Rep. and I only pay $116 a year for liability. I don't think comprehensive would be skyhigh. I got quotes from Progressive and Geico which were 2K-3K a year for comprehensive. Heck with them.

Back