Gen 3 over a gen 2 ?

Gen2's are going for crazy money and higher right now...but there's a steal on a yellow one in the classifieds right now.
I'm looking at new gen3's now, have been for a while, and prices are mainly around retail.
I've yet to see a used price that's made me want to run out and get one either.
I'm holding out and watching prices within a day's round trip of Va.

Ya if you can grab a good deal on a 2 gen it makes sense .
But if it's only say 4 grand to just get a new bike then why not .
I believe in this whole process from what people are saying the gen 3 is a better bike.

What has been the best price you have seen for a gen 3?

Best otd gen3 price Confirmed would be around $21k, $18k otd Without tax, tag, and title.
I've seen prices from $16,500 to $18,600, without tax, tag, title, And alot of dealers want freight fees, set-up fees, paperwork fees, and various other bs.
Used I've seen $16,500 to $17,900 plus t,t, t and who knows what fees.
Which really sucks because if you preordered a new gen3, they were a little over $16k, plus came with the $250 seat cowl and a $400 Alpinestars jacket.
Which makes it even harder to pay another 2 and a half grand for just the bike now.

Bee is completely correct on everything he just said..and, yeah, the gen2's I couldnt ride long distance..this I can, and the ecu will be unlocked soon enough, NOT 2 yrs..

But, there aint a 100 hp gain in a ecu..

I've got a system on ine, no cats, and the a/f ratio is quite good for a open system..the restrictions still left by the ucu stock will not doubt go away after a tune, but, like the old song said, "aint no coupe deville at the bottom of a crackerjack box"

Be realistic in your expectations, and this bike is a great bike.
What was it someone said once..."lots of torque but lots of pork."

Your last line makes 100% good sense.

I'm also of the era of for 15 years or so, $10k would get you otd on the baddest bikes available.
That has crept up a little in recent years, yes inflation, I understand economics.
But $21k for a motorcycle?
A motorcycle I'm easily going to put another $4k-$5k in basic mods into.
I don't know if I see the gen3 as worth that much or not.
It felt great when I sat on it, I'm sure I'de love it if I rode it, but....
I guess I'm just going to have to b*tch about it some more, not be able to shake it, and suck it up and eventually buy one.
They don't seem to be selling very well either though. I'm going to wait a while and see what their prices do.

Wheni went on line it showed like 400 of them on cycle trader I know my local dealership seem to have 3 of each.

When I called on the used one I posted above the guy is a car salesman said we are not moving on price you can't even find bikes.
I said I'm not asking you to yet.
I also said look on line the dealership have plenty of them so it's not that rare to have a bike .
I can pay cash up to 13 and after that I'm better if financing a new one .
16,900 was the best price I found last summer on a busa plus setup.
I believe there selling but not that fast.

Thanks for the input .
Ya I new that it won't be 2 years for a ecu flash but we are comeing up on a year soon
I did see Dme did a big boar kit with a motec and some mr12 made 248 hp again it's a dyno.

I probably whould do a similar build as the one I posted a ove if I did a gen 3 not sure I whould pull the head and do a 1440 kit.
You can make these bikes move buy just pulling weight from them with out have to go into motors.

If I did buy that gen 2 what do you think that price is worth for that bike?

I'd like to see the input on that number to balance out what a gen 3 might be.

I was thinking that gen 2 is worth 12500 ta 13000.
Maybe I'm way off so input whould be good .
Thanks for all the help.
That’s actually an HTP bike and it’s not a big bore at all, they are claiming 249whp on stock bore 1,340cc. Happy dyno or not even 220+ would be fun.

Gen-3 is a better bike all around and refined a lot compared to the Gen-2. Same as the Gen-2 over the Gen-1 but I’d say the Gen-3 is even better. The electronics and quickshifter are a game changer and will only improve as things get unlocked further. Figure 10-15 whp bump between each generation.

Bang for buck that Gen-2 would be cheaper but you don’t know the history. You could ride it down the street and it need another rebuild so I typically stay away from other peoples projects and start over fresh. Not to mention used bike prices right now are just STUPID. I paid $10,500 OTD for my Gen-2 brand new and you can’t even find a used one hardly for that. So $12-13k for a used one, when I bought my Gen-3 for $16,850.

It’s still the best all around platform IMO.

Got busa great response that is spot on to what I wanted to know .
That all makes sense .
Oh on that HTP bike i swere I saw another post where it was a 1440 oh well .
Ya it made me nervous to buy that 2017 with motor work and like you said prices are crazy right now on used bikes.
Plus the Gen 3 is probably more aerodynamic as well.
Again great information that you pointed out.

I found this one price is a little hi the builder used to be not such a great name back in the day but that was then here is now.

View attachment 1646699
Thanks for the input .
Ya I new that it won't be 2 years for a ecu flash but we are comeing up on a year soon
I did see Dme did a big boar kit with a motec and some mr12 made 248 hp again it's a dyno.

I probably whould do a similar build as the one I posted a ove if I did a gen 3 not sure I whould pull the head and do a 1440 kit.
You can make these bikes move buy just pulling weight from them with out have to go into motors.

If I did buy that gen 2 what do you think that price is worth for that bike?

I'd like to see the input on that number to balance out what a gen 3 might be.

I was thinking that gen 2 is worth 12500 ta 13000.
Maybe I'm way off so input whould be good .
Thanks for all the help.
In the post you placed here it says it has 1440 Wiseco pistons......

If the bike you posted up is a solid bike with proper engine work done, it would be hard to beat....

It would cost a lot more to buy a bike then retrofit all these aftermarket parts on it.

Yes and the ? Is was it done rite .When I did call about the bike .The salesman said he is selling it for the guy because the original owner his wife has M.S and is dealing with that so he is busy .
He also stated he worked at the suzuki Dealership and sold the bike to him originally seems a bit od that the guy buys the bike and stays in that great of contact with the suzuki sales person then brings it go him to sell for him on a used car lot.
It's full blown winter up here to test drive anything about all you could do is make sure it's clean and start it up and let it sit and see if it overheats.
He stated he is firm on price but if I came in person 300 miles he may come down a few hundred dollars.

It has some great mods and buy the time you did all those to a 2022 probably be at 26 grand.
Vs 14 grand.
Whould I do those same mods to the 2022 probably not I don't think it will take that amount of mods to make the same horsepower as the Gen gen 2 ta gen 3 from the things I'm starting to see.

Also who builds a bike like that and then never tries it on the Bottle ?
Most nos kits come with a bottle this bike has the kit but no bottle just some strange od things that stand out t me .As Columbo said it don't pass the smell test.

Also who builds a bike like that and then never tries it on the Bottle ?
Most nos kits come with a bottle this bike has the kit but no bottle just some strange od things that stand out t me .As Columbo said it don't pass the smell test.
If the story is true and the guy's wife contracted MS, he might have built the bike but never ran it as his life suddenly changed??

In the end, if in doubt, walk away and keep on looking....one will come along.

I had a turbo gen 1.Dont really want to buy another gen 1 .
Gen 2 is a great value but for some of the price I see for gen 2 for not much more you can get a gen 3 .

It's a tuff call .
You won’t regret buying the G3, the handling is out of this world. I’ve owned all of them , loved all of them. The G3 rocks

Ya I'm not saying that his wife does not have issues at .It's just me as a buyer have to look at the whole situation and if I was dealing with the seller not a car salesman things whould be way different.
But at the end of the day I think the smart choice for me is to buy a new one and do the mods I want and blame my self for any mistakes I make along the way.
That white one sure has my eye I used to like the black o es or blue but that white just looks really good .

All depends what you’re looking for and how hung up you are on the electronics and having a new bike.

I almost pulled the trigger on a new Gen 3 til I rode it back to back with my almost stock Gen 2 and unfortunately couldn’t see the value or the need to upgrade to a bike that was identical.

Back