Gen 3 over a gen 2 ?

Before you compare the Gen 2 & 3, be sure to add the upgrade cost for both. IMHO the Gen 2 must have brakes. To really compare the 2, you need some suspension upgrades and wheels on the Gen 2. Both need an exhaust, although I haven't seen a good Gen 3 exhaust yet aesthetically speaking. Also, a used Gen 3 would be a better comparison. But the Gen 2 is an amazing value, maybe one of the best in the business outside some cruisers. The fact that a mint Gen 1 can not look totally old at fifteen years old is something pretty special.

I had a turbo gen 1.Dont really want to buy another gen 1 .
Gen 2 is a great value but for some of the price I see for gen 2 for not much more you can get a gen 3 .

It's a tuff call .

IMO, If you want all the toys the G3 has, then buy the G3.
If you have only had a G1, then the G2 is a nicer bike to ride stock over the G1. I loved my old G1 and my G2 feels so much nicer. Here in the UK i think the prices for a G3 are to much and i would not get into debt just to have one.

I found this one price is a little hi the builder used to be not such a great name back in the day but that was then here is now.

Screenshot_20220203-075311_Facebook.jpg

That's a very heavily modified bike...and a very nice looking one too..

Hardly comparable to a stock gen 3 though.

I kind of get a chuckle when I see each and every little item priced out like that....in the end, the bike is worth what someone will pay.

Ya so do I. I like my mods but to me when you buy them your always going to probably change a few things .To me it's a 13 grand bike Max. I'd rather buy one all stock for 10 and do my own thing then .
Or for 3 or 4 grand more buy a brand new 3rd gen .

Ya see that's what I'm afraid of buy a gen 2 in a few years there will be alot out there for the Gen 3 .when have we ever said the Gen 1 is a better bike than a Gen 2 yes some parts are great but at the end the Gen 2 is a better bike.
Now say in a year or so the ECU unlocked on a Gen it should be a better bike at that point .

Don't get me wrong I still love the Gen 2 but a nice Gen 3 in white whould be nice as well.

Other than the Euro emissions stuff you love uour Gen 3 ?

Ya see that's what I'm afraid of buy a gen 2 in a few years there will be alot out there for the Gen 3 .when have we ever said the Gen 1 is a better bike than a Gen 2 yes some parts are great but at the end the Gen 2 is a better bike.
Now say in a year or so the ECU unlocked on a Gen it should be a better bike at that point .

Don't get me wrong I still love the Gen 2 but a nice Gen 3 in white whould be nice as well.

Other than the Euro emissions stuff you love uour Gen 3 ?
Even with the ECU being locked, the gen 3 is a better bike.

There are many bikes on here which have never had the ECU unlocked and they work just fine and get ridden quite a bit with zero issues.

Unlocking the ECU is not the holy grail, you have to like the bike in the first place.

Bee is completely correct on everything he just said..and, yeah, the gen2's I couldnt ride long distance..this I can, and the ecu will be unlocked soon enough, NOT 2 yrs..

But, there aint a 100 hp gain in a ecu..

I've got a system on ine, no cats, and the a/f ratio is quite good for a open system..the restrictions still left by the ucu stock will not doubt go away after a tune, but, like the old song said, "aint no coupe deville at the bottom of a crackerjack box"

Be realistic in your expectations, and this bike is a great bike.

Thanks for the input .
Ya I new that it won't be 2 years for a ecu flash but we are comeing up on a year soon
I did see Dme did a big boar kit with a motec and some mr12 made 248 hp again it's a dyno.

I probably whould do a similar build as the one I posted a ove if I did a gen 3 not sure I whould pull the head and do a 1440 kit.
You can make these bikes move buy just pulling weight from them with out have to go into motors.

If I did buy that gen 2 what do you think that price is worth for that bike?

I'd like to see the input on that number to balance out what a gen 3 might be.

I was thinking that gen 2 is worth 12500 ta 13000.
Maybe I'm way off so input whould be good .
Thanks for all the help.

Back