Gauges

I should be getting my Illumiglo gauges this week. I ordered the 220 mph ones for my '04 because it will go that fast for it is blue and silver, as in Hi-Yo Silver......away! Mine SHOULD be white by day and glow blue at night. I'll let you know.

Can one of you guys please help me with this? Thanx

Feel free to e-mail me, pm me or respond to the following post. TIA.

Pop,

I wish I could help you but the my entire Illumiglo experience has been total confusion, though the final result is FANTASTIC:

1. First I ordered the faceplates from bluegauges.com, but in subsequent emails/calls bluedude wanted me to send my gauges to him. He never could explain why this was necessary so I canceled the order.

2. Next I tried to order them from StreetRacerParts but the girl said they no longer carried the 220mph white to blue model, even though they are described on the website @ $89.99. I called a month later and forced the issue; finally she found the gauges and I ordered them without the digital inverter.

3. The gauges arrived with a control switch....surprise at no extra charge..... which, judging from your exchange with nitrousjunkie, sounds like a digital inverter. This switch has a dimmer plus a color changer so you can go from the beautiful robins-egg blue to an ugly aquamarine........why? but I'm not complainin'.

4. The gauges that both SRP and bluegauges carry are the same...Illumiglo, but I think that bluedude makes his buck on upgrading the setup somehow, hence his persistence in wanting the customer to take his bike apart and ship his gauges to him....... no friggin' way!

5. I had my dealer install the gauges and the control switch/digital inverter?. The boys mounted it above the clock laying flat, facing away from me so the wiring can enter the cluster at the top and be totally unseen. It looks like a factory install. But I don't know the particulars of how they wired it.

6. I'll send pics as soon as a) it stops snowing, b) I clean the bike c) my wife teaches me how to operate her digital camera.

7. If we're talking about two different things............as Emily LaTella used to say on the original Saturday Night Live..........never mind!

I went with BlueGauges.com. That's what you're buying from them, you send your gauges and they do all the work, that's why you're supposed to ship the gauges to him.
I went ahead and sent mine to him because I'm in college and it was far more convenient to just let them take care of doing the work, and they came back top-notch quality and VERY fast turn around time...I can't praise it enough.
I've got the reverse with red LEDs under the needles and white LCD displays, looks great at night.

The reason <span style='color:red'>BlueGauges.com</span> wants your gauges to do the install is because he opens them up and hard wires the electronics into the existing power source in the gauge cluster.  This way you gauges are truelly plug and play.  Most other sources and do-it-youself kits supply a hot lead you have to run back to the battery or tap into power someplace else.

Or so this had been my understanding.

I see an additional item that can be purchased in leu of the gauges at streetracerparts.com. It is a digital inverter. What is it and what does it do??

John

I got mine from rocketdoc here on the site. I love them, though I have only got them mounted... havent gotten to ride with them yet cuz the weather has sux'd so much
sad.gif

anywho, looks just like the ones posted by arey
cool.gif

This pic is like Arey's by day, but mine glow a robins egg blue unless they're in bright light, which they are when I take every pic because I don't know how to turn off the flash on the camera. Suffice it to say that the bluegauges and StreetRacerParts website photos depict the color accurately.

I bought mine from SRP. Bluegauges guy confused me over wanting me to remove the gauges and send them to him. But I'm confused anyway because SRP shipped a control switch with mine that I wasn't expecting. I don't know if this is the so-called "digital inverter" or something else, but look at the small box above my clock, that is only accurate when I'm in Prague. There's a dimmer slide on the right which may be useful if I'm on a very dark road at night.........when the gauges are glowing blue they are very bright. There's also a switch on the left that changes the color to aquamarine that is less useful.

57j.jpg

Back