Finally !!!!!!!

nice pics m8
biggrin.gif

Is the little rubber grommet which finishes off the slider holes something you added? (I don't see it included in the slider link you provided.) That's a very nice touch. I'm curious as to what you used.

I have a set of Yoyodynes on order for something different, but yours look great too.

Is the little rubber grommet which finishes off the slider holes something you added? (I don't see it included in the slider link you provided.) That's a very nice touch. I'm curious as to what you used.

I have a set of Yoyodynes on order for something different, but yours look great too.
It's actually LP rubber windscreen trim that I ordered from Chaparral,  I just cut it to length and wrapped it around the hole.  The rubber trim was really flexible and was easy to trim away the back where it overlaps the fairing bolt hole on the left side so you still have a clean smooth diameter.

Thanks for all the positive responses guys, it's been a work in progress for a few weeks now, at times a true nightmare, but I'm pleased with the results.

Why that one and not the orange PUIG?  
I seen picks of the orange one on Doyle's bike (dr1300r), In my opinion it is tooooooo orange for my licking, this at least has more of a copper cast to it and matches the bike a little closer. Now the million $ question is HOW LONG WILL IT LAST.

Did you have the brake/clutch levers annodized locally?  
Yeah, I had them done at a local shop. I dis-assembled them and then re-assembled them after they were coated. Though I found out after talking to the powdercoaters I could of had them powdered. I though the powdercoat would build up to much and not allow them to pivot correctly, but they said they could of controlled that. Had I known that then I would of had them powdered also, but these still look good.

delrin slider and though a bit pricey, are really nice. I cut 1/4 inch of the right side so they stick out the same amount on both sides.
actually, bro...the sliders are meant to be off-set. One side of hte bike sticks out more than other, so naturally one slider is going to be longer than the other.

You may be hittin some plastics in a small tip-over....just FWIW.
biggrin.gif
Alright Pac, I agree and I disagree. The Frame location to where the sliders mount is offset from one side of the bike to the other, however the plastic is not. The sliders were equal lengths, I just cut 1/4 inch off the right side so that both sliders are protruding from the plastic the same amount.

Now unless someone wants to tell me that the outside contour of the bike is assymetrical, then the sliders protruding the same amount from each side should protect right and left fairing equally.

I'm still under the belief that most sliders are universal fit because they are to lazy to custom cut them for each individual make and model, they just supply the correct lenght bolts for each bike.

this is very interesting....

I did the same thing to my first set of sliders....only to find out that they were supposed to be diff. lengths. Now I'm curious....

Looks like I'm gonna hafta get the fairings on again and take measurements. I always thought the throttle side body parts stuck out a lil more than the clutch side.

Good point....
wink.gif

nice bike...... did you get some actual paint or did you just have your painter match it as close as possible?

looks very close to the same color.
smile.gif

nice bike...... did you get some actual paint or did you just have your painter match it as close as possible?

looks very close to the same color.
smile.gif
Painter matched it, he took the number from the colorite touch-up pen I had, called the painters, gave them the code, and they said they could mix it. These were originally shot by Race Ready and were way more orange than the anniversary color. I was looking to get a scratch repaired and was questioning the painter about doing the mirrors and when I showed him the inners from RaceReady he said he could match it alot closer than that. So I had him re-shoot them. In the end they are a whole lot closer, were they were much lighter in color and more orange before, they are just a tad darker and a little more copper than the stock plastic. I'm very pleased with them. To be honest, I think in factory paint, my tank is darker than my fairings.
rock.gif

Nice, Lets make a deal, send me those mirrors and I'll send you mine and you just have to get them painted again! I like what you've done alot!

Thanks Smoke, that's quite a compliment coming from somebody with a bike like yours.
smile.gif

Back