Finally !!!!!!!

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
After being apart for about 6 weeks, I finally got her all back together today with a quick wash and wax by 4pm.  Snapped a few quick photos and finally got to put a few miles on her.  Felt SOOOOO good to be back on the Busa again.

So here's a few pics.

IMG_0063.jpg

Right side Slider and Black Powdercoat Screens
IMG_0064.jpg

Left slider and Screens
IMG_0065.jpg

Copper Iridium Screen and Painted Mirrors
IMG_0067.jpg

Painted Inners, Bar Ends
IMG_0068.jpg

MMMM So Pretty
IMG_0069.jpg

Orange rocks
IMG_0071.jpg

Look at that Shine
IMG_0072.jpg

Last one
IMG_0073.jpg

After that I needed to ride.  My first observation was the 43 tooth rear sprocket definitely added some pick-me-up, or should I say pick-the-front-tire-up.

Second observation is the windscreen though it looks good, fits like sh#t.  Its a Metisse special ordered from Germany.  It look me 4 months and $165.00 to get it.  Then after receiving it I come to find iridium doesn't hold up all that well.  The screen is actually too thick to fit the screen tracks because they do not recess the edges of the screen like the factory.  It was a true B#tch to get on and it buzzes at idle, though not while cruising, and there is no way possible to add tape or any noise buffer device.

The Screens are from Clark Customs on Ebay (yes, was to lazy) then powdercoated black along with the brake hanger, wheel adjusters, plate relocator, rear sprocket and cush drive.  The brake and clutch levers were anodized black.

Mirrors and inners and bar ends painted by a local car body guy who would like to get into more bike work, think I'm going to have him do me a helmet as soon as I come up with a design.

Sliders are VooDoo Moto delrin slider and though a bit pricey, are really nice. I cut 1/4 inch of the right side so they stick out the same amount on both sides.

The rest of the mods were Silkolene, Engine Ice, HID, Scorpio, Ice's Yellow highbeam, Ice's hook-up for the LED front turns with the daytime running light mod (though I wish these were brighter), Euro-switch to turn HID and Daytime running lights off/on, Speedo-Healer with remote high Speed recall( the wife through a fit when she pushed it today and the needle said 140 mph)............ummm, I think thats it.

She's basically done for awhile, gotta pay some bills now,
but it was fun while it lasted.

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113798266 -->

delrin slider and though a bit pricey, are really nice. I cut 1/4 inch of the right side so they stick out the same amount on both sides.
actually, bro...the sliders are meant to be off-set. One side of hte bike sticks out more than other, so naturally one slider is going to be longer than the other.

You may be hittin some plastics in a small tip-over....just FWIW.
biggrin.gif

Very, very nice! That windscreen may have been tough, but it looks good. Why that one and not the orange PUIG? Wanted something different? Did you have the brake/clutch levers annodized locally? And how about a couple straight profile shots of both the left and the right?
biggrin.gif

Well DONE!!!

I spent years working around optics and making manufacturing tooling for an R&D company. If that is an exposed irridium coating with no "diamond like" or other high tech coating over it, it will scratch VERY easily!! At the cost of the hard optical coatings, I really doubt a piece the size of your sheild has that coating on it. Not a whole lot you can do about it. It sure looks HOT though, as do the rest of the mods!!!

Nice scoot. Thanks for sharing the PICS. I was surprised to learn that the Busa came in colors besides Blu and Sil.
smile.gif
thumbs-up.gif

Back