Finally Got HID's

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
Finally after all these years broke down & got the HID headlights. Thanks to Adam (Rubber2burn) for all his technical expertise w/ the install. Thanks to Xenonking (Group buy). I went w/ McCulloch 5K Low & 6K High & had to add the delay. I agree great mod.

First photos are stock - Low only, then Low & High on.
The next 3 are HID - Low only, then Low & High on.

HID2.jpg

HID1.jpg

HID4.jpg

HID5.jpg

HID6.jpg

sweet cant wait to get mine on that is the same set up im going with, i would like to see a pic of the actuall light it puts out though, like outside towards the road!!!:thumbsup:

You will love them, I like to ride at night since I added h.I.d lights
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup::thumbsup: NICE this is my next mod (after my slip ons) - how hard are they to install? (can a rookie pull it off?) and how much were they?

:thumbsup::thumbsup: NICE this is my next mod (after my slip ons) - how hard are they to install? (can a rookie pull it off?) and how much were they?
There is a "how too" thread here somewhere, It is not difficult and is by far my best mod ! Night riding is like day !

how hard are they to install? (can a rookie pull it off?) and how much were they?

Remove windshield - Two minutes
Remove dash panels - Two minutes
Remove gauge cluster - Two minutes
Remove old H7 bulb -30 sec.s

Install HID bulb - Two minutes (includes routing wires)
Mount ballast to Left ram air tube - Five minutes.
Install and mount momentary on/off switch - 10 minutes(optional)
Reinstall Gauge Cluster - Two minutes
Reinstall Dash Panels - Two minutes
Reinstall windshield - Two minutes

Total time = 30 minutes +/-

Remembering this is a typical set-up I've used several times, that works perfectly.(Low beam application only)
Low and high beam install would add maybe another 20 minutes or so.

Super easy!!

Now, I've also bought Hong Kong HID kits that usually run under $50.00 each, shipped. from E-Bay.
Fingers crossed/ they've all worked perfectly and arrived in under ten days.
(except 1 took over a month to arrive.)

Michael I really like that 5K Low beam we need to take the Bikes out at dusk one evening because I want to see it at night. I may have to get me one of those bulbs :thumbsup:

Back