Finally back on a bussa 2

Oz22

Registered
My first was a 2010 model, I rode it till 2018. I couldn't fault it, but sold it because I was stupid lol. No, I moved up country and thought a 4x4 would be more use, and it was @ 50k so getting long in the tooth sort of.

small BIKE 05-C.jpg

Than a year later I craved another bike, and bought the only other bike that ever interested me. This 2018 RR for 20 grand (that's aussie)

small BIKE rr.jpg

Well it was a disaster! Oh a great bike, rides like a dream, if the road is super smooth which they aren't around here. And it gave me back and leg problems since I'm 62 years old and 100kg, 6' tall. These bikes should be kept in a showcase, or never let off the track lol. two hours in the saddle and I almost needed an ambulance. I suffered the complaints for 3 years, telling myself things would get better, then the other week I had a moment of clarity. "Just get another hayabusa". So I looked online and found a 2012 model with 18,000 km on it. It had huge chicken strips, always a good sign, and the factory pipes Blah! So I ordered Yoshimuras and told the shop to put them on. They replaced the fork seals too which I pointed out were leaking but they must have botched the job because the RH rebound screw only goes 6-clicks and the LH one 8-clicks (full range)

This first pic below isn't actually my bike, but another for sale down south, but mine looks identical now that the new cans are on. Hell, they all look the same anyway don't they lol. But it's in mint condition aside from a few stone chips and oddly enough the lean angle sensors have been broken off the ends of the pegs? That would have taken some doing if it was done on the go. Engine is smooth as silk and I've been pushing it a bit and no muck is coming out of the new pipes.

It's just a relief to be back on a busa guys, the smooth ride, the logical power curve, the desire to just ride and ride. All of a sudden the roads around here all seem too short. I'll have to plan some longer runs once I've tested it out for a week or so. You never want to go too far from home on a new bike hey. She came with the service history, the owners book and the rear seat, handrail and nuts and bolts. What more could you ask for lads. I even still have the oil filter removal tool I bought for the white one :cool:
It's good to back in the fraternity. I was a member of the aussie forum before but it's gone now? Such is life.

-small.jpg

This is mine.

mine small.jpg

Just went down and took a quick snap

small at home.jpg

small yodhi.jpg

The T7 came a year ago but that's a dirt bike and not worth mentioning on this forum :laugh:

Welcome,

Good looking bike and I'm sure it will serve you well...

What other mods are done to it?
Nothing, and I really don't plan on any either. Some complain about the levers but I always found them suitable. No I'll just ride it and enjoy. It really is a unique bike as far as the ergonomics hey. You could imagine a more upright riding position but that would take away from the sports bike feel of it.

Just out of curiosity bumblebee, what other mods are popular these days?

Nothing, and I really don't plan on any either. Some complain about the levers but I always found them suitable. No I'll just ride it and enjoy. It really is a unique bike as far as the ergonomics hey. You could imagine a more upright riding position but that would take away from the sports bike feel of it.

Hi there mate , see you joined up , fro sunny Queenland eh , we I be fro that little grotto called Adelaide . We got good hills tho , but reduced speeds because no up keep of course !! The 2012 LE , is very nice , a classy colour . I just sold my 2012 , got some other rides instead . I be watching your post to see how you are travelling , cheers bud .

Hi there mate , see you joined up , fro sunny Queenland eh , we I be fro that little grotto called Adelaide .

Ahhh, yes I rode through there once when I was young. 40 years ago. Came in through the barossa, that was sort of hilly. I was on my way to Perth on a ZZR11-MKII. Those were the days. I was stupefied by the Adelaide CBD. Huge wide roads and all those churches. Probably different now hey.

So you sold off. Yes we do that, but I'm over most of the modern bikes now and going back, far to problimatic, too complex for their own good the new ones, like my RR, which I was cleaning tonight getting it ready for sale. I went with the RR because I wanted something lighter, faster, but it was a mistake. Big blokes need big bikes for the HWY.

Last edited:

The more popular mods are Heli-Bar risers which put the bars up an inch and drop pegs which crop the pegs an inch...

You've already got slip ons so that's taken care of....lots of people go with a full system and aftermarket freer flowing air filter with an ECU flash which smooths out the throttle and removes the top end limiter...

Then people get into more in depth mods like quick shifters, different master cylinders and mirrors (the '02 GSXR mirrors bolt right on).

As the Gen 2 platform has been around since 2008, everything that can be done has been done to these bikes, the imagination is the limit....

The more popular mods are Heli-Bar risers which put the bars up an inch and drop pegs which crop the pegs an inch...
.. full system ...removes the top end limiter... quick shifters...

Right. Well I'll keep the risers in mind, could come in handy in the future. I'll pass on the ecu flash and quickshifter, I had that on my last bike and frankly stopped using it a lot towards the end. Same with the cruise control. I have a theory, only a theory, that a lot of rider aids take your focus away, especially cruise. I often found myself daydreaming on cruise, not good on a bike at speed. "Top end limiter"? I assume that means up around 300km/h. I have never gone that fast and hopefully never will :crazy:

Right. Well I'll keep the risers in mind, could come in handy in the future. I'll pass on the ecu flash and quickshifter, I had that on my last bike and frankly stopped using it a lot towards the end. Same with the cruise control. I have a theory, only a theory, that a lot of rider aids take your focus away, especially cruise. I often found myself daydreaming on cruise, not good on a bike at speed. "Top end limiter"? I assume that means up around 300km/h. I have never gone that fast and hopefully never will :crazy:
I really like my QS, it is a great feature and the bike really gathers in speed quickly with it...

The ECU flash removes the top end limiter but it also serves other purposes such as smoothing out the throttle and getting the AFR to where it needs to be....even with the stock headers and O2 sensor these bikes are lean from the factory....the tuner can put a common canned tuned map into the ECU for this...

Lots of people have done the rear hump mod where the hump is trimmed so the grab rail can stay on with the hump...

And as a plug for @sixpack577 a set of 90' valve stems help when adjusting tire pressures and is a very easy thing to do at the next tire change.

I have quite a few mods on mine

Ahhh, yes I rode through there once when I was young. 40 years ago. Came in through the barossa, that was sort of hilly. I was no my way to Perth on a ZZR11-MKII. Those were the days. I was stupefied by the CBD. Huge wide roads and all those churches. Probably different now hey.

So you sold off. Yes we do that, but I'm over most of the modern bikes, far to problimatic, too complex for their own good like my RR, which I was cleaning tonight getting it ready for sale. I went with the RR because I wanted something lighter, faster, but it was a mistake. Big blokes need big bikes for the HWY.
I t has changed a bit , 1.5 million population and limited infrastructure to match influx . Just got another 10hr wait for Ambulance case , 54 yo dead , waited 10 hours for no show , all ramping ambulances outside the bloody hospitals ....
Yes , I am 6ft 3" , shrinkin down from 6' 4" lol . I still got a big comfy ride ZX14R , but also a modern KTM 1290 sdr , which is very comfy , but lastly , a new H2...which is actually comfy , but for about an hour in the saddle , meaning full ride of 1 hr lol . I got to ride each as individual types , and love it like that .

I t has changed a bit , 1.5 million population and limited infrastructure to match influx . Just got another 10hr wait for Ambulance case , 54 yo dead , waited 10 hours for no show , all ramping ambulances outside the bloody hospitals ....
Yes , I am 6ft 3" , shrinkin down from 6' 4" lol . I still got a big comfy ride ZX14R , but also a modern KTM 1290 sdr , which is very comfy , but lastly , a new H2...which is actually comfy , but for about an hour in the saddle , meaning full ride of 1 hr lol . I got to ride each as individual types , and love it like that .
10 hr wait, that's crazy.......

Must be an inexpensive place to live though....as long as you live that is.....

Yeah we have the ramping issue in QLD too, I just tell everyone that if I'm injured or ill, drive me to the hospital and lead me into the emergency room, No ambulance. The trouble is, in my opinion, that when they put the Ambos on the new funding scheme and they proliferated like bugs in the summer the hospitals decided to use them as extra beds. The ambos hate it too because they used to spend half thier night watching netflix at the station, now they have to spend it playing nurse in the driveway of the hospital.

Too much bureaucracy, too many regulations, too many middle management and too much greed.

Ok on the 14, I couldn't get my head around the look personally but it's a great bike performance wise. I hated the look of the first Busa and went with a ZZR back then, and I'm not enamored with the new busa too :laugh: I guess I'm just fussy but you have to like the look of your bikes. I'll happily stick with GenII's and my T7 I think, I can't imagine any other bike I'd want to own? The Yamaha takes up all the dirt roads around here and it's a lot of fun but I'm no expert on the gravel yet so I take it slow. That's a good set you have, the H2 would be fun, but like you say, only for an hour. How compressed is the riding position on the ktm? It looks aggressive. I keep looking, year after year, but nothing appeals to me. Probably a good thing, I save a lot of money not upgrading hey.

What I want to know is what happened to this?

haya-small1-.jpg

Or this even

haya-small1.jpg

10 hr wait, that's crazy.......

Must be an inexpensive place to live though....as long as you live that is.....
Most expensive place in the world. And the ambulance thing isn't that bad, if you're gonna die in the back of one of them fully attended by a paramedic with every machine known to man, you'd probably die inside anyway. And they have the induced coma machine (and they love to use it)
The hospitals we're talking about are Free ones BB. Half the hospitals here are free, if you went to a private one you'd be inside in a flash. They can't charge you when you're laying in an ambulance $$$

That bloke died at home , waited 10 hours after numerous emergency calls from him that were slowly updated over that 10 hr period before they finally arrived ... but too late , he died waiting , heart attack I believe , the symptoms escalated with each call . Those pollitician pricks , get voted in every few years , on the basis of saying they will fix ramping , and when they get in they decide to spend tax money on another club house for the poop Sth. Aussie team , that is representative of Australian Football League , who aint no where near winning anything to deserve anything like a new club . Yes , it is free hospitals , but of coarse , they been slowy changing that originally effective service to what we got now . Rant over .

That bloke died at home , waited 10 hours after numerous emergency calls from him that were slowly updated over that 10 hr period before they finally arrived ... but too late , he died waiting , heart attack I believe , the symptoms escalated with each call .

I had a mate in Briso died like that. He liked his vodka, he could drink half the bottle in 15 minutes just to get to the sweet spot. One night he did that but on a gut load of some medication, same story, wife called ambulance periodically explaining how his breathing was getting shallower and he was less responsive. He was dead before they arrived 8 hours later. She got to sue them for a packet but with two little kids it was small compensation. poop happens hey, but if he hadn't drunk the bottle of vodka...

People in my small country town here are dying from heart issues, most of them of the vaxxed group from my observations. Wayne was the latest, a water tank installer, he died caught up in the ramping business. When I went to the doc back in the day to get vaccinated he told me it might effect my heart. I said WHAT! Only in a small number of cases he said. I said Doc, I workout and ride bicycles, I can't afford to have my heart impaired. He just shrugged and said nothing, his duty of disclosure over. I walked out then and there and now all the fuss is over and I'm glad I made my choice as I did. We all have choices hey, and the media these days never looks behind the scenes, they don't do real reporting, most of what they say is politically motivated tripe.

Ok on the 14, I couldn't get my head around the look personally but it's a great bike performance wise. I hated the look of the first Busa and went with a ZZR back then, and I'm not enamored with the new busa too :laugh: I guess I'm just fussy but you have to like the look of your bikes. I'll happily stick with GenII's and my T7 I think, I can't imagine any other bike I'd want to own? The Yamaha takes up all the dirt roads around here and it's a lot of fun but I'm no expert on the gravel yet so I take it slow. That's a good set you have, the H2 would be fun, but like you say, only for an hour. How compressed is the riding position on the ktm? It looks aggressive. I keep looking, year after year, but nothing appeals to me. Probably a good thing, I save a lot of money not upgrading hey.
Sorry bro , i got ranting , so back to reality .. The 14 I guess is a love it or hate it looking type bike , same as the Busa Gen 2 for some people , I was told too . But I have the big Kwacka how I like it so good to go . As for the KTM , 3rd Generation Superduke , so the ride ergo is actually best for old lads sporting old injury . I got a 70 yo mate who owns 2020 model ( same really as my 2021 ) but he is short and had his lowered , and another fella about 64 yo who owns exact year model as mine , as well as a Yamaha MT 10 which is stranger than . Anyway , they got em because they are so comfy to punt around the hills etc. and really carve hard , like goodbye everything , i am just going to enjoy the next few miles of corners by myself . The KTM is like a road tire equipped , super moto trail bike thing , sort of , and has that upright really tall ride feel and position . .
The H2 is going to be my hot rod project build , so it is just starting that journey , and will only ever be a fully setup to handle well , but short hills ride bike and mostly extreme fun ride . Surprising , this lot of bikes for me , because I also wasn't lusting after anything new for a long time , but that all changed after I found I could still adjust enough comfortably to be able to ride some of them .
The 2012 LE will serve you well , no doubt , and will be a bike that gives loyal service , and deliver thrust and torque in huge gobs , and be fun to punt anywhere , anytime , so great choice bro .

I had a mate in Briso died like that. He liked his vodka, he could drink half the bottle in 15 minutes just to get to the sweet spot. One night he did that but on a gut load of some medication, same story, wife called ambulance periodically explaining how his breathing was getting shallower and he was less responsive. He was dead before they arrived 8 hours later. She got to sue them for a packet but with two little kids it was small compensation. poop happens hey, but if he hadn't drunk the bottle of vodka...

People in my small country town here are dying from heart issues, most of them of the vaxxed group from my observations. Wayne was the latest, a water tank installer, he died caught up in the ramping business. When I went to the doc back in the day to get vaccinated he told me it might effect my heart. I said WHAT! Only in a small number of cases he said. I said Doc, I workout and ride bicycles, I can't afford to have my heart impaired. He just shrugged and said nothing, his duty of disclosure over. I walked out then and there and now all the fuss is over and I'm glad I made my choice as I did. We all have choices hey, and the media these days never looks behind the scenes, they don't do real reporting, most of what they say is politically motivated tripe.
Yes , I a full time carer for my old dear Ma , so , to do this by the book , I have had the vaccs . along with Ma . We are going good , I got help from aged care to help when I need to get that happening , but we functioning well for now , closest family is Darwin , and we find it good as is . I think I got through it okay , but it was crazy tie bro , because I only wanted wto protect my faily , as we all do . Important to have freedom of choice , that was really playing into any idea of personal freedom and choice . Glad it is sort of over . We only just got covid first time now , Ma is still testing positive , i been okay for over a week now ,
I do not know that latest ambo incident blokes history etc. only now his death . But there is a lot of people doing it tough , mental health etc. , seems like services are being withheld more than ever nowadays . I would hate to be a front line worker , ambo etc. nowadays ,

Back