Finally back on a bussa

J07703

Registered
So I have finally gotten another bussa. I sold my 02 gsxr1000 about 2 weeks ago because I had it for years and could never get a title and it was just a lot of work but I came across a lady selling a first gen for $2000 that needed a clutch sp I sold my gixxer for $2500 and went to buy the one I had seen except the lady quit answering the phone so I was literally sick to my stomach since I sold my daily and now I was stuck without a bike. But my wife came through for me since she had a friend who had came into some money and had recently paid 10grand for a 08 bussa so her bf had a new bike but not even a month later she caught him riding with his ex and took the keys outta the bike and broke up with him but before she could have anyone go get the bike he put sugar and epoxy plus the resin and hardner in the tank as well as the case. So the bike just sat for a cpl more weeks until my ol lady got ahold of her and set it up for me to buy the bike. So we went and picked it up. I took the tank off and cleaned it spotless than I took the valve cover off along with the clutch,stator and starter clutch covers and just soaked her in brake clean and mineral spirits. I mean like I filled her up until it was coming out of the side covers and then let it sit overnight. Next morning I drained it and dropped the oil pan and cleaned her some more before I put her back together and started her up and she sounded amazing but I let her run for maybe a hr than let her sit for the niight. The next morning I noticed the looking glass was like frosted white so I poped all the covers and drained her again and was sick to my stomach all over again because the inside of the covers was caked with some kind of white and silverish film but my wife came out and helped me clean her all out and repeat the process all over again except this time there isn't anything in my looking glass or in my oil at all so we went on our first ride and it was amazing how fast this bike was with me and my wife on it. So I've only owned her a short time but I'm in love I just hope to figure out the electrical problem asap but seeing how I only ended up paying a grand for the bike I can afford to spend a lil money on her,lol

20231218_180341.jpg

20231218_180341.jpg

So I have finally gotten another bussa. I sold my 02 gsxr1000 about 2 weeks ago because I had it for years and could never get a title and it was just a lot of work but I came across a lady selling a first gen for $2000 that needed a clutch sp I sold my gixxer for $2500 and went to buy the one I had seen except the lady quit answering the phone so I was literally sick to my stomach since I sold my daily and now I was stuck without a bike. But my wife came through for me since she had a friend who had came into some money and had recently paid 10grand for a 08 bussa so her bf had a new bike but not even a month later she caught him riding with his ex and took the keys outta the bike and broke up with him but before she could have anyone go get the bike he put sugar and epoxy plus the resin and hardner in the tank as well as the case. So the bike just sat for a cpl more weeks until my ol lady got ahold of her and set it up for me to buy the bike. So we went and picked it up. I took the tank off and cleaned it spotless than I took the valve cover off along with the clutch,stator and starter clutch covers and just soaked her in brake clean and mineral spirits. I mean like I filled her up until it was coming out of the side covers and then let it sit overnight. Next morning I drained it and dropped the oil pan and cleaned her some more before I put her back together and started her up and she sounded amazing but I let her run for maybe a hr than let her sit for the niight. The next morning I noticed the looking glass was like frosted white so I poped all the covers and drained her again and was sick to my stomach all over again because the inside of the covers was caked with some kind of white and silverish film but my wife came out and helped me clean her all out and repeat the process all over again except this time there isn't anything in my looking glass or in my oil at all so we went on our first ride and it was amazing how fast this bike was with me and my wife on it. So I've only owned her a short time but I'm in love I just hope to figure out the electrical problem asap but seeing how I only ended up paying a grand for the bike I can afford to spend a lil money on her,lol

View attachment 1675212 View attachment 1675213

View attachment 1675212

View attachment 1675213
Heartiest congratulations…!!she looks amazing

Thank you all and yea 10grand for a 08 Is ridiculous but it did have a really nice brocks dual alien head set up and a evil swing arm plus a power commander evidently when it was bought which i guess he snatched off and sold.bevauze now its just headers and the stock swing arm and no power commander although when I lifted the tank and started inspecting it she's probably just as clean as she was in 08 only thing I've found that looks bad or even used is what he did in the cpl weeks he had it. But after I figure out why it keeps just shutting off I'll find me and exhaust

Thank you all and yea 10grand for a 08 Is ridiculous but it did have a really nice brocks dual alien head set up and a evil swing arm plus a power commander evidently when it was bought which i guess he snatched off and sold.bevauze now its just headers and the stock swing arm and no power commander although when I lifted the tank and started inspecting it she's probably just as clean as she was in 08 only thing I've found that looks bad or even used is what he did in the cpl weeks he had it. But after I figure out why it keeps just shutting off I'll find me and exhaust
Be careful, bro. If that happened, then that guy is a criminal already by what he did to the bike. Although the story doesn't add up to me and I find it hard to believe.

Dude had time to pull off all that stuff? It's not plug and play. That requires a garage and hours of wrenching. How did he get caught cheating, then thought ahead of removing the parts to sell them and ruining the bike?

Be careful, bro. If that happened, then that guy is a criminal already by what he did to the bike. Although the story doesn't add up to me and I find it hard to believe.

Dude had time to pull off all that stuff? It's not plug and play. That requires a garage and hours of wrenching. How did he get caught cheating, then thought ahead of removing the parts to sell them and ruining the bike?
It's actually very easy to do without a garage in a cpl of hours. I've done it numerous times with my gixxer just shaping parts out. Exhaust is what 5 mins to undo at the pipe and the rear exhaust hanger times that by 2 since it had duals so that's what 10mins?? Than to pop the tank up and unplug the power commander and plug the original harness back together so thats maybe 20mins 30 if you take your time lifting the tank. So we at what almost a hr total?? Than the swing arm isn't but another 2hrs tops. Take the brake caliper lose,put a jack on tire and bracket across the rear sub frame to lift it up until your bolt for the shock slides out than let the jack down undo the pivot bolt slide it out then take the rear axle and swap tire and axle over to old swing arm and just reverse and repeat the same thing you just did. I mean it's not hard if your mechanically inclined which I know buddy he is I've rode with him before. He also had a cpl days with the bike he just didn't have the keys. See if you read what I had said a little but more carefully you would of seen I said she took the keys but before she could have someone go and get the bike he had done all thos things to it. I'm just glad he told her he did em kinda bragging because that's why the motor was salvageable even though he did all that to it the poor girl never saw power after that so it just sat where he poured it. I don't lie sir I have no reason too I'm almost 40 and been in prison a little longer than I like to think about but
enjoy ur day bro

17040571282706495910630104743031.jpg

17040572002163793956361728950072.jpg

It's actually very easy to do without a garage in a cpl of hours. I've done it numerous times with my gixxer just shaping parts out. Exhaust is what 5 mins to undo at the pipe and the rear exhaust hanger times that by 2 since it had duals so that's what 10mins?? Than to pop the tank up and unplug the power commander and plug the original harness back together so thats maybe 20mins 30 if you take your time lifting the tank. So we at what almost a hr total?? Than the swing arm isn't but another 2hrs tops. Take the brake caliper lose,put a jack on tire and bracket across the rear sub frame to lift it up until your bolt for the shock slides out than let the jack down undo the pivot bolt slide it out then take the rear axle and swap tire and axle over to old swing arm and just reverse and repeat the same thing you just did. I mean it's not hard if your mechanically inclined which I know buddy he is I've rode with him before. He also had a cpl days with the bike he just didn't have the keys. See if you read what I had said a little but more carefully you would of seen I said she took the keys but before she could have someone go and get the bike he had done all thos things to it. I'm just glad he told her he did em kinda bragging because that's why the motor was salvageable even though he did all that to it the poor girl never saw power after that so it just sat where he poured it. I don't lie sir I have no reason too I'm almost 40 and been in prison a little longer than I like to think about but
enjoy ur day bro

View attachment 1675223

View attachment 1675224
At least you are on the road to getting it back to being on the road again...

Keep chugging along and you will get it sorted out...

enjoy ur day bro

View attachment 1675223

View attachment 1675224
I appreciate the thorough explanation, brother! :)

enjoy ur day bro

View attachment 1675223

View attachment 1675224

+1
I can get a Gen2 tail off in under 2 minutes, and tear most bikes apart Very Quickly, it doesn't take much if you know what you're doing.
Post up some more pictures as you get the bike how you want it.

welcome to the org

Back