Finally back on a bussa 2

The more popular mods are ...

I added a few more to your list BB. My last one had the double bubble screen and this one the oem. Very very breezy this one, so I ordered a Piug I found on ebay. I'm pretty sure it's a lot higher than the OEM. Ordered a tank protector too. I thinking of replacing the pegs, the ends are broken off. Seems it's not uncommon, have you heard of it? The last pic is an oem set for sale on Eb, broken just like mine?

sml screen.jpg

sml tank.jpg

sml peggz.jpg

I added a few more to your list BB. My last one had the double bubble screen and this one the oem. Very very breezy this one, so I ordered a Piug I found on ebay. I'm pretty sure it's a lot higher than the OEM. Ordered a tank protector too. I thinking of replacing the pegs, the ends are broken off. Seems it's not uncommon, have you heard of it? The last pic is an oem set for sale on Eb, broken just like mine?

View attachment 1675523

View attachment 1675524

View attachment 1675525
For sure, the list is endless and we could and have filled up threads and threads on this very subject...

That's the good thing about the Hayabusa,.........

Everyone I know take the feelers off the footpegs or replace the footpegs altogether....

As for the KTM , 3rd Generation Superduke , so the ride ergo is actually best for old lads sporting old injury . I got a 70 yo mate who owns 2020 model ( same really as my 2021 )... Anyway , they got em because they are so comfy to punt around the hills etc. and really carve hard , like goodbye everything , i am just going to enjoy the next few miles of corners by myself .

Yeah that's the way of it. I'm a lone rider, sometimes if I see a pack going past I'll turn and follow them if they are heading somewhere interesting but typically I'll just be off by myself exploring or doing regular circuits. I'm up in the scenic rim by the border with NSW and there are some good rides, many more if you can go on dirt too. Unfortunately a bike that's good on dirt is pretty ordinary on the bitumen. The KTM sounds like a lot of fun, I hope it gives you years of pleasure. The busa or ZX is a different story of course, less bells and whistles but less dealer maintenance required hey. I just want to see my days out cruising around on something forgiving and the Japanese bikes are typically that. Reliability is their strong suit and self maintenance with the older ones .

So you look after mum, good on ya. Mines gone now but she was very independent right up to the end. Was sad to see her go and still think of her a lot. She did so much for me in my younger years and I was able to repay a lot of it back in her latter days. Keep up the good work mate!

Unscrewing them sure, but breaking the ends off, is that part of it too?
Normally people just unbolt them....

If they are broke off it means they have touched down hard and broken off....

If they are missing, I wouldn't fuss over that...I put drop pegs on mine almost right away....

Normally people just unbolt them....

If they are broke off it means they have touched down hard and broken off....

If they are missing, I wouldn't fuss over that...I put drop pegs on mine almost right away....

Interesting... The body work is fine so if it had a bad fall they would have replaced that, why not the pegs? I dropped my last one, twice, and sort of caught it both times. The pegs were fine but insurance replaced even the RH lever because of a slight scratch. The RH fairing pieces too, glad I wasn't paying for it! Never mind, I don't notice the loss so I'll just keep riding it for now and think about new pegs later. When I pull the skins off to do an oil change I'll have a good look around under there.

IMG_0210.jpeg

Black Mamba Motorcycle GIF by Moore Mafia

Look closer at my front pegs *

I would consider better front brake pads.
I like EBC HH 'Extreme-Pro' pads, and they are different than standard HH pads.
They are carbon ceramic street pads, do not need to stay hot, and they Will stop you sooner.
Veshra makes an equivalent pad too.
The Busa Needs better brakes, and the right pads really improve things.
Stainless steel brake lines will also really improve the lever feel, it will be more positive and responsive.
These are both well worth doing, and budget friendly, all things considered.
You can of course go on to a better master cylinder, calipers, lighter rortors, etc, but just a simple pad and line change is well worth doing.
And, as always, have the suspension sag set, as it effects handling And braking.
Brakes and suspension mods are always better than hp mods(which can be done any time), as most bikes go better than they stop.

I would consider better front brake pads.
I like EBC HH 'Extreme-Pro' pads, and they are different than standard HH pads.

Brakes and suspension mods are always better than hp mods(which can be done any time), as most bikes go better than they stop.
I'm on it sixp, these arrived the other day

Clipboard01.jpg

One leg is a bit dicky at the mo though, hamstring problem so I've had a week off the bikes. Getting better though. I'll go out for a ride and get a feel for the old pads then come home and install the new ones, then a test ride. That way you can really judge the difference. I ran just the DH last time and liked them so I went that way this time too. As for HP, 180? 190? either way it's more than I need so I won't be chasing any more. Bike has a mix or tires, some new front I can't recall but the stock battleaxe on the rear, I tire I was never fond of. I'll wear them out and then look at metzelers probably. Tires can make all the difference in the corners and you have to feel confident on what you're riding on hey.

Back