Fiberglass Drag Seat

GSXREric

Registered
got the Drag seat in but was wondering how you guys were attaching the stock bracket to the fiberglass seat. anyone have some pictures. was going to buy the stock parts on Ron Ayers but don't know if i need all of the parts.

*Waits for Professor to respond*

I'll get mine out and take you a picture or two.

Check with Andyman66 to see if he has a used one.

If not Vman1300 and rolltideroll should both be able to beat Ron Ayers Price.

Here you go... I'll post a couple here. Hit this link for more.

4156.jpg

Pretty much all of the stock hardware but you could use less.

4 bolts are button head allen. You can see the heads in the top picture.

I made a piece of alum angle to stiffen the rear. Epoxied to the seat.

I just took the staples out of the stock seat, took the cover off, foam came right off in one peice, sanded it, sprayed it black and clear coated it a couple times. ive made about 50 passes on it already and it hasnt chipped or anything yet, lowered me a couple inches in the seat too

Who sells those drag seats?
rock.gif
GoldenChild can fix you up. That is where that seat came from. I think they call it the heavy hitter version. I'm sure he can fix you up with a standard one as well.

I've got a used fiberglass one with mounts for someone a bit smaller that I'd part with.

we bought ours from Schnitz but we need to order the parts to attach it to the bike. Was curious as to how much of the hardware you guys were using to attach it. and does anyone no a cheaper place to get the bracket, bolts and rubber spacers.

Eric, My second post was talking about the obtaining the stock hardware that secures the front of the seat. Andyman66 might have a used set. (Goldenchild might as well) They other two are OEM parts dealers. You can also buy a used seat with one on it and then resell it without the mount. Some only use the front mount but in my opinion it is not enough support for the seats I have seen. It will allow it to rest on the bodywork and abrade the paint. At least that is what it did with my big butt on it.

I think I used all of the stock hardware but 4 washers and maybe the inner sleeves. You could get by with just the bracket (Part number 45116-24F10) and use generic hardware.

Back