Fastest Production bike?

It really doesn't matter who is riding the "fastest" street bike unless the rider knows how to make the most out of the available power and handle the bike accordingly. A 600cc might be able to lap the worlds fastest production bike if the rider knows how to ride it.

Just because you drive a lambo, doesn't mean you are going to be the fastest.

YES!! The Suzuki Hayabusa is the worlds fastest production motorcycle. They claimed this title in 1999. Speed Restriction are on all production motorcycles after that.
The Hayabusa will keep that title until the remove the speed restriction law of 186MPH on motorcycles.

How can it keep the title of the fastEST if there's many bikes that will go just as fast and several that will get there quicker?

It WAS the fastest. The 1000RR smokes it as does the new Kawasaki 1400 whatever you call that big ugly thing

bmw s1000rr is still the fastest.

What I wonder is how the new Ducati 1199 will compete, I think it will be right up there with the top 3..

edit - after doing some reading it looks like the new Ducati will be faster than the s1000rr from BMW..... Damn, Hayabusa is going to be bumped to 4th place now...
with the MV Agusta makn 201 hp id say more like 5th place at least for about a 1/2 hr that is cnsidering thats about as long as I could stand riding one without have my back surgically repaired after getting off.....:p

Fastest production bike or not, I say the hayabusa's are still the best looking bikes out there.
I am very happy with my 08 busa.

The BMW1000rr looks more like a crotch rocket, too small for me.
I don't like the looks of the ZX14.

Look in The World book of Records There is A picture Of The Hayabusa As The Fastest Bike . PEROID

I like how people are constantly quoting magazine garbage.....get your bike out to a track or top speed event and see what it will REALLY do with YOU RIDING.

Still waiting for one of these so called "fastest" bikes to beat a BUSA in 1-Mile. Stock to basic bolton's the BUSA is still going the fastest for now! :laugh:

If you take a factory stock 2012 sample of each of the current top 3, The Hayabusa, the ZX-14R, and the S1000RR. Sadly, the Hayabusa would place 3rd in a 0-60 or 1/4 mile race. It sure was nice being the king for awhile.....but remember, even Elvis died.

Elvis did not die! He quit eating.

The answer to post 1 is yes..

Once you have the restrictions it's no longer a production bike. Fastest means which can attain the most mph.

End of story :moon: :laugh:

If you want to talk about fastest unrestricted and/or modded I do believe Busa still has the record there too. :poke:

World_Fastest_Streetbike 4.jpg

End of story volume 2:poke: :laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

World_Fastest_Streetbike 4.jpg

The answer to post 1 is yes..

Once you have the restrictions it's no longer a production bike. Fastest means which can attain the most mph.

End of story :moon: :laugh:

If you want to talk about fastest unrestricted and/or modded I do believe Busa still has the record there too. :poke:

View attachment 236455

End of story volume 2:poke: :laugh:

:rofl::rofl:

Actually that pic is not the fastest anymore. That is Bill's "streetbike" that he sold over the summer.

Actually that pic is not the fastest anymore. That is Bill's "streetbike" that he sold over the summer.
So do you have a pic of the current fastest streetbike available :whistle: I am guessing it looks similar to this one :laugh:

i do know that the Hayabusa has the most after market support over any other.
and we have the ORG! :cheerleader:
:rulez: no other bike has the awesomeness of our ORG. :thumbs:

Don't Worry. Suzuki will release a Gen III Hayabusa that will destroy all other bikes and all will be right in the world.:please:

Who cares, I'm riding and thats all that matters. They could have stopped making bigger bike engines after 500cc, good enough power as far as I am concerned. You guys and your speed........:whistle:

:rofl: :rofl:

Last I checked, the Tomahawk and Y2K weren't production bikes and there "claimed" speeds have NEVER been verified..... :poke:

I like real results not mag testing like our own Got - Busa example . There are a few top speed events and it almost always is a Hayabusa on top of the list and over 50% of the top 10 at any given top speed event. example 2013 Texas mile fastest factory stock last year was...
Sean Gustin 218.9 MPH Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa 1999 Inline Motor/ Factory Stock

Back