Fairing Screens??

i used the screens people buy at lowes that go over your gutter, tacked it in place buy melting the corner into place with a soldering iron, then used GOOP to finish it off.

Hey all... I plan on doing this myself... looks really great. I was wondering if anyone has seen the aluminum and chrome preformed fairing grills together. Specifically, the ones sold on eBay, and what kind of bling difference is there? Was also wondering for those who have done this already... do you find you need to clean them often? My thinking is that the chrome grills look great for a while till they get dirty, and then the only alternative would be a q-tip ... Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

i baught mine off ebay last year for about that 30$ pre molded i used epoxy reeaal easy!! still looks great as it was last year!! hehe

wonder if this materal suffers from oxidation after a few months or so?
My experience is no. I did my first busa here in Stafford over a year ago and his screens still look great. However, certain weather conditions, or riding habits in bad weather could promote oxidation. The best thing to do is to clear-coat the screens prior to installation.

P.

Well since it was a nasty rainy day here in Atlanta I took my bike apart. I went on and did the screen mod as well as the hump mod. Luckly they both came out real good. Thought I would share some pics.
screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

I am thinking of just screening in the front. Where the radiator is. Just to help protect the fins from large pieces of debris'. Was wondering if gutter screens would work. sounds like somebody has used them already with no problems.. this place is great!!!!

Well since it was a nasty rainy day here in Atlanta I took my bike apart. I went on and did the screen mod as well as the hump mod. Luckly they both came out real good. Thought I would share some pics.
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
Looks VERY nice! I noticed you used a different pattern on the rears.

Tom.

what "hump" mod, sorry i'm a newb to the forum here
There's a couple different 'hump' mods - one allows you to use the wasted storage space inside the hump by replacing the bolts with either 1/4-turn fasteners or thumb-screws.

The other 'hump' mod is cutting a little bit off of the sides of the hump to allow the grab-bar to remain installed. Then it's as simple as swapping out the hump and the seat or vice-versa.

Here's a link to the latter mod:

I just found this here on this site but had seen these on ebay! Made my own with the stuff from the big store and a tube of silicon.
AOL.com Images Not Available
AOL.com Images Not Available

Back