Props to "rpm9001" for his fairing screens

EdC

Registered
I bought a set of preformed screens from "rpm9001" last fall and finally got around to installing them last evening. Having endured an hour or two of frustration while trying to unsuccessfully form my own screens last summer, all I can say is that it was the best $39 I ever spent! They fit perfectly and look great - I highly recommend his screens.

Ed

<!--EDIT|EdC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141995873 -->

where can i find them at?
rock.gif

Vic...I want fairing screen to cover every hole on Busa...Including screen for airbox and throttlebodies..have to continue the look internally ya know...oh and can you make them pink for me please.
tounge.gif

[
How much for screens Vic

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142528105 -->

I bought a set of preformed screens from "rpm9001" last fall and finally got around to installing them last evening.  Having endured an hour or two of frustration while trying to unsuccessfully form my own screens last summer, all I can say is that it was the best $39 I ever spent!  They fit perfectly and look great - I highly recommend his screens.

Ed
Post up some pics ED!

I used them too. They were here almost before I ordered and packaged very well.They went on easily even though I still had to make a mess with silicone!
Only one pic, and it's not good...

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142785683 -->

busascreen.jpg

He suggests heating them in spots just enough the melt the plastic so they sick, then applying RTV (Room Temperature Vulvanizing or "silicone") sealant to hold them permanently. RTV comes in tubes from your local auto parts house and turns to rubber after being exposed to air for a few hours. You can remove it with a razor blade if you ever need to.

I just used the RTV - I applied a bead of it around each opening and set the screens into it. If you gently hold the screens in place for a few minutes, the stuff has cured enough to be left alone for a while.

Ed

Thank you.. Not to sure about melting plastic will try your way..

Back