Fairing Screens??

I looked all afternoon for the screens . I went to homedepot , advanced auto parts . where can I get thie screens and how much do they really cost ?  They had some sheets of screens at homedepot but it had tar paper on one side and was really ridged and felt like it had edges in the design .
Got mine at AutoZone. Cost $47 for the APC Grille Screen plus 2 tubes of GOOP. You have to look in the section for car mods (Fast and Furious cars actually).

Yeah, you can look in the ricer section, but i think the gutter screen goes better with the stock screen in the ram air vents and it's way cheaper. It isn't hard, but it takes patience and a little time. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfectly shaped. I just cut a general shape that would roughly cover the holes in the fairing and pressed them inside the holes to give them a curved shape.
I didn't think it would look right at first but it looks perfect, and the screen is very forgiving.

Yeah, you can look in the ricer section, but i think the gutter screen goes better with the stock screen in the ram air vents and it's way cheaper. It isn't hard, but it takes patience and a little time. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfectly shaped. I just cut a general shape that would roughly cover the holes in the fairing and pressed them inside the holes to give them a curved shape.
I didn't think it would look right at first but it looks perfect, and the screen is very forgiving.

Did anyone the fitted screens form Clark custom? They sell them through ebay, I was thinking of giving them a chance.

Did anyone the fitted screens form Clark custom? They sell them through ebay, I was thinking of giving them a chance.
01busa,
I am using the Clark Customs from ebay.....they are okay, but you can't bend them out or form them differently, because of the way they are pre-cut/bent. Having bought the preformed ones and having no options with them, I would recommend using screen that you can form yourself for the exact look that you want.

Oh and welcome to the board. PICS!

Contact this gal named Hope she makes excellent kits ready to go everything pre-cut with excellent instructions. She sells the kit for 20 bucks. She makes the kit for Busa's, TL1000 and Gixers. Here is her email:

hm1971@hotmail.com

You will be happy.
Just finished my screen mod. not to hard: i used a sodering gun to tack the screens in place all around(use some duc tape to hold them in place once you have molded them) then just put the silicone on. use your finger to spread it evenly then let sit then the next day if you need to form them a little more do so and put them on the bike.

HOPE @ EBAY $20.00 .... RECEIVED THEM IN 2 DAYS. AWESOME SERVICE.

comes with precut screens for all openings in fairings and tail.
will post pics when bike is back together. thanks for the info on how to all. jose

<!--EDIT|BLU88
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110953828 -->

Other than looks any reason to do this? I useally only like to add something to my bike if it's needed. Just have not heard of that mod, looks nice.
just read this after posting to another thread. thought I'dput it in here.

I slightly shaped mine to form a bubble effect similar to the way the air tubes come from the factory. I know everyone is doing this (screen mod) for cosmetic purposes but just the other day I was in traffic and felt someting smack me in the front of the ankle caught a glimpse in my mirror of a bolt flipping down the street behind me. Thankfully I had the proper gear on and it didn't injure my foot but it did first strike the lower fairing screen on the right side. I hate to think of the damage done with it slamming around inside of the fairing then possibly dropping out the bottom and ending up in my rear tire. So keep in mind we dress ourselves for the crash not the ride but do we do all we can to protect the beloved Busa? Fairing screens do more than add a little bling bling! I'm glad you all suggested this mod.

I just did my screen mod yesterday. gives the fairings a finished look. Took me about an hour to do the hole bike. i also gave it that bubble look like factory. best way i found to install was to tack all around(melt it into the plactic) then use high temp black silicone. its nice when we can do free mods like these that make the bike look better.

pretty NICE MOD. WHO CAME UP WITH THIS? WASN'T SURE I LIKED IT AT FIRST. BUT THE IDEA OF DOING IT TO THE TAIL SECTION GREW ON ME. HAS ANYONE LIGHTED THESE AREAS WITH COLORED LIGHTS?

OK, I completed this mod on my Katana and GJoker's Busa..
Something I want to add to the directions.
I used the gutter mesh from Home Depot. $6
and the Goop from Advance Auto $4

1.Use tinsnips to cut the pieces down to size. Then place the piece over the hole, take a magic marker and trace about an inch around the hole, onto the piece, then trim it down from there. Makes it easier to handle the piece while folding it to mold.

2. Wear gloves, my little fingers are raw from the mesh.

3. I used a shop light to help the drying process. One of those big yellow spot light shoplights.. big wattage... lots of heat.

4. When I  put the piece over the hole, I would use some pliers and carefully tap the wire around the hole to mold it. GJoker had to leave the room at this point.. he just knew his plastics were gonna crack  
wow.gif
  but they don't, it's just scary.

5. Snip some "darts" into the mesh so it molds easier. Especially around changes of angles. (Sorry hard to explain, but you'll know what I mean when you start doing it)

6. After you get the molding part down.. it doesn't take long, maybe 2 hours for the whole bike, not including drying time.

Picture of his will be later... the busa is in pieces (waiting for the exhaust ). But here is the Katana before...

kat_Daddy.JPG

and here it is after..

I LIKE it.. think it makes the Katana more up-to-date looking.

<!--EDIT|TheKatsMeow
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111339266 -->

mesh_mod_1.JPG

Back