exhaust?

2ppcli

Registered
Have 06 le and was looking to replace the exhaust. Should I replace the whole system? Just some cans? What should I expect from new pipes if anything? By the way, first post but have read alot on this site and think this site is awesome for info.

Welcome to the site ! Exhaust questions will get ya alot of different answers on here. Question is ...
1) How much are U willing to spend ?
2) Are U just looking for sound, performance or both ?

Also ....try the Search feature.....top right hand of this screen . You will find many posts on exhaust .
wink.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

I've gota 2006 which i bought one year ago and i put some Yoshi RS3 cans on it.I love the sound and i'm happy with it.If i ever change the exhaust again i wud prolly go with a 4 into one.
My previous bike was a 2004 1200 bandit and when i put a yoshi can on it it sounded fantastic,but it came with a 4 into one exhaust.
The two yoshi's sound great but i kinda am leaning towards 4 into 1 by #1 choice.
Keep in mind too, that a centre stand is only possible with the original dual exhaust as far as i know,and i love my centre stand.

Thanks for the replys!!!! Good to be here. I was looking to stay with the two exhaust system. Is there really any difference or is it just asthetics. I would like at least a small performance boost. I guess you can always use a bit more.
laugh.gif
Was leaning towars Yosh but also heard viper??? was good as well.

(2ppcli @ Feb. 06 2007,22:55) Those look good.  How do they sound/perform?
They sound great to me loud but not too loud I can still hear myself think while on the highway! The performance is like nite and day with the addition of a power commander. The best part to me is the carbon cans!!!

(2ppcli @ Feb. 06 2007,22:57) They seem alittle higher than mine!  Do they require any mods?
Mine are the complete system, they do however make slip-ons that come with new mid pipes to connect to the stock system.

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 06 2007,21:49)
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

I kinda like the HMF dual high mounts!
Now that's just wicked! VERY interested in how those sound. Do tell...

I personally don't need any more performance, but I think the stock system sounds raspy and would like something a bit different in the sound department. How do those HMF's sound?

(2ppcli @ Feb. 06 2007,22:57) They seem alittle higher than mine!  Do they require any mods?
THose pipes SOUND AWESOME!!! I'm getting a set myself. They are some good flowing, performing exhausts. My busa had them on before when Pipefighter owned it, and I think it made 166 at the wheel. Not bad. Another guy on here has on with that exhaust making 174 at the wheel. If you want that exhaust, check my sigline. My friend Paul (GMbusa) sells them, and he makes a donation to the board with every sale.
smile.gif
He's a good guy, he'll set ya up, just tell him Ben sent ya.
wink.gif

Being an 06 LE my bike is pearl in color an I'm not sure black would look good! I would guess however that they do come in some sort of polished chrome/steel etc. Anyone with the same bike that has a black exhaust and a pic? I would be interested to see the overall look.

(2ppcli @ Feb. 06 2007,23:21) Being an 06 LE my bike is pearl in color an I'm not sure black would look good!  I would guess however that they do come in some sort of polished chrome/steel etc.  Anyone with the same bike that has a black exhaust and a pic?  I would be interested to see the overall look.
They do come in polished. Also multiple other colors. (Orange, blue, satin, black, Carbon...)

I don't think the Carbon Fiber would look too bad on your bike, since the LE is the black frame, it'd kinda tie in. The polished Mufflers would look good on there too.

I too have the HMF dual high mount slip-on. they have a nice deep rumble to them.

(kairles @ Feb. 06 2007,21:11) I too have the HMF dual high mount slip-on. they have a nice deep rumble to them.
High mount SLIP-ON
rock.gif

Didn't think HMF made a high mount slip-on.
rock.gif

rock.gif

(Over_Easy @ Feb. 07 2007,00:32)
(kairles @ Feb. 06 2007,21:11) I too have the HMF dual high mount slip-on. they have a nice deep rumble to them.
High mount SLIP-ON
rock.gif

Didn't think HMF made a high mount slip-on.
rock.gif
Yup they do some one was trying to sell a set on here not too long ago, that was the first time I heard of them!

rock.gif

Yeah, GMbusa has the polished Slip on's on one of his bikes. Looks good. Was looking through his books one day when we saw them. Look good and sound good, so he ordered them through his shop for his bike. He sells the full systems too.
super.gif

Back