Exhaust mod

Mason357

Registered
Well, I modded my stock exhaust a few days ago and it sounds very good now. What I did was just drill some holes in the baffle plate. Now it has a nice low tone.

Can u post a how to with some pics I'm interested in this mod thanxs

Sounds more like he's talking about a gen1, but cutting down the stock gen2 exhaust is a popular mod. Schism, and Pitbull 13 are 2 guys as well as me that I know have done it. They bolted their endcaps back on, where as I had a friend weld mine(ss tip to aluminum can, not so good). I ran across some cheapo slip ons before I fixed mine. You can pm one of them for some info, and there's an older thread on them by a member named Robot.
I just cut mine straight through with a reciprocating saw, down from 3 chambers to one. Then the end is bolted back with threaded rods.
It's not loud at all, but has a nice tone, like you'de expect from aftermarket slip ons. You also get rid of about 12lbs, and you can feel that in curves.
Here's a pic of mine painted with the front heat sheild and bracket removed, but the other guys look 100% stock only half the length:beerchug:

SDC10960.jpg

SDC10961.jpg

Here's a pic of mine painted with the front heat sheild and bracket removed, but the other guys look 100% stock only half the length:beerchug:

Er, SixPack? I am trying to find a nice way to put this, but you HAVE replaced that with something else now you can afford it right? :please:

six is right! it's a great mod and not too hard to do. i rocked it for about 2yrs. here are some old pic's with my modded cans.

20090818_13.jpg

20090818_12.jpg

I did this to my Gen I, but also drilled some holes on the inlet side. It does have a good sound to it.

Er, SixPack? I am trying to find a nice way to put this, but you HAVE replaced that with something else now you can afford it right? :please:

I liked them, they sounded good, saved me 12 pounds which I could feel in the curves, and I don't think they looked bad. I'm not into chrome and shine either.
I'm gonna buy a full dual cf Akrapovic in the very near future, but I put on these gen1 Two Brothers slip ons and cut them down. They're not loud and I like how they look...and they were cheap, which beats the stockers any day. To each there own, and watch out for the guys with "ugly" bikes, you usually only seem em when they're sittin still:poke::laugh

SDC11023.jpg

SDC11046.jpg

To each there own, and watch out for the guys with "ugly" bikes, you usually only seem em when they're sittin still:poke::laugh
True enough. I meant no offense and I hope none was taken. I have to say, though, that your present setup looks WAYYYY better!

Back