Cheap exhaust mod

OB_Malcolm

Registered
This mod was cheched on a Dyno so it works. You need a 1/2" drill bits that is long(10").
When you take off your exhaust canisters, you will see inside a plate with a hole in the top of it(where the exhaust flows. With the 1/2" drill bit put as many holes as you can get in this plate. I got 18 in each side.
This mod makes EXACTLY the same power increase as buying slip ons and it sounds much better too..

Which end of the can are we talking about drilling? How can you get 18 holes of 1/2" dia in it? Was that a typo or real #/

Thanks

Well done Malcom. The best part is the cops will think they're the stock cans. Well Done!!

To Britabuser> Take the can off your bike, look inside (behind where the 3 bolts hold the can to the pipe) and you see the plate that you will have to drill.

PS I would LOVE to take the credit for this one but... it was given to me by Brock Davidson of BDE. So if you ever get the chance thank him.

I have done this on other bikes I have owned and the sound has always improved but on one it leaned it out too much and I had to rejet/shim needles. How lean does this mod make the "buser? Any off idle hesitation or not a noticeable change?

Thanks for the info - always looking for more sound with small dollars!

I've heard this mod, it sounds a little anemic when the revs climb. Not bad at idle and for free.

Why bother, buy a full system and quit kidding your self. The weight loss is a great plus with the full systems. There are some inexpensive full systems, you don't have to spend $1800 for a Yosh full Ti system to loose weight.

Two Brothers makes some nice sounding slipons, they sound real good at all rpm.

thanks, Teamhayabusa. could not find this info with the initial search. I think I will do this mod until I purchase the TURBO!

Back