Ever take your take your helmet off...

Can't remember when the last time was I had a ticket but had this happen at gas stations where people would be surprised an old guy would be on a bike like this..

Even today I went to pay for our lawn care on the bike and the guy asked "what I was riding" and I said "a Hayabusa"-he said "a haya what?"

I then said "look out the window" he raised his eyebrows when he did and said "that's quite a bike for an old guy or anyone for that matter...it looks like it's going a hundred miles an hour just sitting there"

He and his wife both ride Harleys so they get the draw to a motorcycle...his wife seemed to like the Bumblebee though-she said it was a pretty bike....(I'm glad Bumblebee didn't hear that).

• I have an' awesome life-time batting average when it comes to tickets.It's gotta be +30 pullovers to 1 ticket. I have a way with people and a friendly face. :laugh:
  • I pull over immediately
  • remove lid,put it down
  • hands relaxed at my sides
  • I smile,but not in a krappy way
  • dont reach for wallet or papers until/if asked for.Going for your license and papers gives them the impression you've been in the situ before
  • I'll pick something to ask them about,but not about traffic laws,etc. Something like "I've never seen one of those new cruisers up close." A little...mis-direction. If they ask about the bike...I have them. "Do you ride?" "Ya I do" I sense a "no ticket pull over." I've worked with cops/ex-cops. I use a little of that lingo,but not too much
  • Be ultra cool. Easy going,but not overly friendly
  • Worst pull over: Left a red light,decided to wheelie across the intersection. He was hiding just up ahead. Jumps out and gets me. Did the above ^ We chat...he's says upon letting me go..."How 'bout you try being less of an' azzhole. I smile,nod,ride off. Good thing too,my plate/tag was off another bike,I had no insurance
  • another good one: pulled for speeding.Hand him my class *5* which is good for a car in Canada,not a motorcycle.(hadn't bothered to get a class *6* at this point.LOL. He comes back from his cruiser and says it would be a good idea if I went straight home. Okee dokee. :D
  • Get angry,pizzed off,yer doomed.
....and Ken,I never get that "too old" thing,I'm way too handsome and young looking....for an' old fug.:laugh:
Rubb.

my only counter-question (with the wides grin i would be able to) would be why he rides such a slow bike at his low age. :rofl:

Now that’s gonna pi$$ Him off
:rolleyes::moon::poke:

I wish he used Skype Kiwi...this would be the first thing he would see...

"Good morning Mr.Berlin.I think I have something in my eye.Could you have a look?"

:moon:
He's even stole my emoticons...is nothing sacred...Oh well,time for my coffee. Love you Frank,
Rubb.
coffe finger.gif

Not gotten the “old” card yet, but me and my buddy were out the other night and we pulled Into a gas station to fuel up. A couple girls started chatting him up while I was fueling. When I popped my helmet off the one girl got a confused kinda puppy dog head tilt staring at me. I asked if everything was ok and she goes “oh, I just thought you were black too...”

I got pulled over riding my TL1000R a number of years ago... I passed a tourist who was going at 20 below the speed limit on a two-lane road. Cop didn't get a speed reading on me but seeing a bright yellow sportbike making a pass on a backroad was enough for him to want to speak to me.

I saw him pull a u-turn so I immediately pulled into a parking lot, shut off the bike and removed my helmet so my grey hair could shine in the sun. His first comment, "You're not the typical person who usually rides a bike like this.". I knew I was in good shape at that point. He asked why I made the pass, I told him, and he let me go on my way. Just told me to try to be more patient with people from out of town. Of course I lied and said that I would. :devil:

I got pulled over riding my TL1000R a number of years ago... I passed a tourist who was going at 20 below the speed limit on a two-lane road. Cop didn't get a speed reading on me but seeing a bright yellow sportbike making a pass on a backroad was enough for him to want to speak to me.

I saw him pull a u-turn so I immediately pulled into a parking lot, shut off the bike and removed my helmet so my grey hair could shine in the sun. His first comment, "You're not the typical person who usually rides a bike like this.". I knew I was in good shape at that point. He asked why I made the pass, I told him, and he let me go on my way. Just told me to try to be more patient with people from out of town. Of course I lied and said that I would. :devil:
Hi. It was not a stop but hind of cool to me. I was in a DD coffee shop. A young kid 17 or so, asked If I had a ZX11. I said yes, he said the word on the street was do not race the old guy on the ZX11.

Hi. It was not a stop but hind of cool to me. I was in a DD coffee shop. A young kid 17 or so, asked If I had a ZX11. I said yes, he said the word on the street was do not race the old guy on the ZX11.
That is a good rep to have.....

One time on my Hayabusa, I was just idling along minding my own business and enjoying the sunshine and a soccer-mom van full of older kids passed me...I chuckled to myself as their faces were stuck to the window probably wondering why and how they were passing a bike that looked like it was pretty fast.....

I let them get up the road a piece then in total unabashed showoffery, I went by them in full rocket mode...I guess one or more of them lived on my street and one time I had the bike out of the garage five teen aged kids asked if they could look at it.

I said "sure" and one of them said "I never thought an old guy would own a bike like this, my grandfather has a Harley and he isn't fast."

That is a good rep to have.....

One time on my Hayabusa, I was just idling along minding my own business and enjoying the sunshine and a soccer-mom van full of older kids passed me...I chuckled to myself as their faces were stuck to the window probably wondering why and how they were passing a bike that looked like it was pretty fast.....

I let them get up the road a piece then in total unabashed showoffery, I went by them in full rocket mode...I guess one or more of them lived on my street and one time I had the bike out of the garage five teen aged kids asked if they could look at it.

I said "sure" and one of them said "I never thought an old guy would own a bike like this, my grandfather has a Harley and he isn't fast.
Hi Bumblebee. I can not wait until I get the busa done and take it to bike night I hope to have it done by the time I am 74 yrs..

Got pulled over on the Busa once got a strange look from the trooper fortunately for me he got another call no ticket just a warning. Speaking of the old card Wifey's spending $$$ on a laundry room addition so I get a good deal on a Honda Repsol 1000rr you get what you want I get what I want a lot less $ so she says aren't too old for a bike like that. My answer Heck no !!

I’ve had a couple of officers look at me and ask if riding like I do helped keep me young, I just laughed. I always stop, and usually the first words out of their mouth is, you stopped?????

Back