Ever hit a dog?

<span style='color:blue'>First motorcycle was a honda XL 75 back when I was 11.  Had a little route I allways took to get around, and on this path, was a house with two of those taco bell types of dogs.  They are tuff little mutts, I have ran over them, kicked them, rolled them with the foot peg, but they kept coming back for more.  Granted I only weighted maybe 55 lbs back then, and topped out at 30 mph. Now I pay strick attention on back roads when riding.  Got stopped cold in my tracks on my way back from placing the ordering deposit on the Busa by a big mutt, and a doberman.  It was like they had planned it, cause each took the middle of each lane on the road.  Time to break out the police issue mace, and see if that will stop them from chasin me...I cannot shoot them because they are my neices dogs, but then again down here in NC everyone is related somehow.....</span>

Just a little tip from Uncle Revlis.

To help prevent dogs from chasing you and intercepting you successfully, try the following.

As you approach said pooch and they begin to get a bead on you, slow down gradually...then just as the dog approaches begins running for intercept accelerate rapidly, (Not Hard on the Busa).   When done correctly, it really screws up the dogs, they quit running pretty quickly and have that WTF? look in their eyes.  Wait until you are just about next to them, then goose it... Works great, I haven't been dogged in years...at least by a dog...

my brother hit one a few years ago on the highway. he was so freaked out, he parked the bike and has never ridden since.

About 6 mos ago a guy here on a 929 hit a wild mule at an estimated 100mph killed him and the mule, bike continued down the road for another 1400 ft!  
wow.gif

sad.gif

ghostface.gif
Man!!! a mule, what a way to go.
sad.gif

sad.gif

A few years back I came around a bend and this 100 pound dog came running at me and I slowed until the dog changed angles and then I gassed it and got by him. Luckily I was only doing 35 when I saw him. I did run over a dead dog that was lying in the middle of the road around midnight with my car. Scared the crap out of me since I didn't see it lying there until the last minute. There was blood all over the under side of my car and there was a terrible stench of burning flesh. Still makes me quesy thinking about seeing all the blood and what not under there.

Man... hitting a Mule? that must suck. may the guy west in peace...

i took out a skunk doing about 60mph. almost lost control but i mantained control. i went back and got the tail... my first road kill.
tounge.gif

NOT ON A BIKE. BUT IN A PICK-UP. IF IT HAS FOUR LEGS OR NOT I HAVE HIT IT. THE STRANGEST THING I HAVE HIT WAS A CROSS BETWEEN A DOMESTIC CAT AND A BOBCAT. I BET THE HOUSE LEARNED A THING OR TWO. ALSO RAN INTO A HEARD OF BLACK CATTLE AT NIGHT. NOW THAT WAS A B@#CH. SOME NOISY @$$ THAT WAS READING MY MESSAGE JUST INFORMED ME HE RANOVER A TOASTER OVEN BEFORE. SOME PEOPLES KIDS RIGHT.

Not on the bike but in a car.  Back when I was in my last year of college, me and three friends drove from from the north all the way down to Miami FL.   We just kept switching drivers and driving the whole way, 24 hours straight.  About a half hour into switching divers in the middle of the night just across the FL border, we were all sleeping and suddenly heard (and felt) a huge sound like "BAM, SWHWOOK...THUNK!"  

It woke everyone up and somebody managed to ask the guy driving: "S^#T WHAT THE F$#K WAS THAT?

"Dog"  was all the dude said.  Nothing else.  

We all went back to sleep and still laugh about his response today.

hit one and nearly totaled my 70's VW Beetle... car never ran the same again...but it ended up better than the dog.

I was so unfortunate to do the same on a bike ... not as much fun as you'd think ... Fun stuff was: I was lying on back and the dog came over to me and started sniffing like i was an overripe turd ... I've I could have moved at that moment I'd probably have killed him ...

Back