Ever hit a dog?

busaben

Registered
I've had two close friends have accidents this year involving dogs.  Both times, missing the dogs was impossible as they came out of hidden areas and stopped right in front of the bikes.   One of those buds was my brother, he got a seperated shoulder plus the $3k in damage to his bike.  The other friend went down last night, a dog jumped out of a drainage ditch and ran out onto a grass-median divided four lane highway to take my friend out at 55 mph.  Thank goodness, no physical damage other than some minor road-rash.  

To me, dogs seem more of a danger than deer, I've certainly had more encounters with them.

Well not really I wrecked my zx9r doing a wheelie but the report was canine related...hehe...$5,500.00 in damage to bike, experience priceless...

Well not really I wrecked my zx9r doing a wheelie but the report was canine related...hehe...$5,500.00 in damage to bike, experience priceless...
You 'ol swindler you...

Brian
What would you have said...On a street not a dog, cat or kid around...I picked the joint up rode home without a rear brake bleeding and stuff...And was more worried about the bike than me...

I hava a friend who was doing about 35mph on a Katana 1100 when a deer ran out and essentially ran into him. He tried to avoid it but it cracked the fairing and broke him mirror. Amazingly, he did not go down.

He alter crashed on his own accord. Now he rides a Harley.

About 6 mos ago a guy here on a 929 hit a wild mule at an estimated 100mph killed him and the mule, bike continued down the road for another 1400 ft!
wow.gif
sad.gif
ghostface.gif

One skunk and one cat! Got to go the hospital for the first one! Not to many people stayed around in the waiting room when I showed up. Can't imagine why. Hit that around 60mph on a zx-10.

One raccoon and a squirrel on my old 600. I rode away from both with no damage. However they didn't make it.

A swallow came flying at me while I was doing 120mph on a backroad. It decided to turn back at the last minute but broadsided my leg. I don't think it made it. I had a slight cut on my leg.
My buddy had one gone into his short sleeve shirt and flap around his chest under the shirt. That was pretty funny.

i had a buddy hit a bird or got hit by a bird while doing about 100mph. it caught him in the shoulder. His arm was numb and he couldn't lift it for a few minutes.

A week after I got the Busa, I was doing about 150 on the Hwy with my visor open. when I lifted my head up, a bee went into my mouth. Later that night, I found the bee buzzing around in my shorts!

Ba-Dum-Bum

thinker

I was cruising down the I5 fwy about 80 at 3am on a windy day and saw what I thought was a bunch of plastic bags blowing across the freeway under a bridge from left to right so I didn't slow, but the bags went to the center divider and then came back just as I was about to go under the bridge. 5 dogs! I slammed the brakes hard and one dog skipped off my front wheel and lower panel. Didn't go down and couldn't find the dog when I got stopped. I was all shook up. I called the CHP from a call box and he asked how my car was, I told him I was on a motorcycle and he said, "Jeezus Christ!" which I thought was funny because these guys/gals are so calm all the time, nothing ruffles them.

I forgot I hit another dog...This was back in the day...I got drunk and woke up, scared the @#!$ out of me...I expected her to start barking at anytime "Woof, Woof"!!!!We all make misstakes...
smile.gif

Worst case for me to date! Myself and a friend driving down a paved road that paralled a landfill. We crest a hill and startled about 1500 crows all parked on the pavement! If you've seen a cubby of quail kick up than you no what this must of looked like. Needless to say both of us were pretty much covered from head to toe in bird Sh1t!!!!!! (almost 11years ago). Still grosses me out today.

Worst case for me to date! Myself and a friend driving down a paved road that paralled a landfill. We crest a hill and startled about 1500 crows all parked on the pavement! If you've seen a cubby of quail kick up than you no what this must of looked like. Needless to say both of us were pretty much covered from head to toe in bird Sh1t!!!!!! (almost 11years ago). Still grosses me out today.
I think we shuld change your name from Waterbug to $h^thead.....
laugh.gif

Lessee now, in less than 1 year my 'Busa has racked up 9 squirrels (+ 1 that jumped in front, then between the wheels at 60 mph) and one small (fist sized) bird. A riding buddy on a 2001 929 had a dog hit him between the rear of the front wheel and his fairing while at full lean. Can you say face plant? I thought you could!
biggrin.gif
 I had an Owl scrap across the top of my helmet in day time no less. On my RF900 I was doing about 45 slight right lean. An 85lb Rottweiler came at me at an angle. Knocked my right foot off the peg and left the mutt literally doing donuts in the road!
laugh.gif

thumbs-up.gif

NEVER HIT A DOG, BUT I HIT AND KILLED A DEER STREET RACING WITH A FRIEND AT NIGHT. AND BUY THE WAY I SLOWED DOWN FROM 150MPH TO APPROX. 85MPH WHEN I HIT IT AND DID NOT DROP THE BIKE!

I forgot I hit another dog...This was back in the day...I got drunk and woke up, scared the @#!$ out of me...I expected her to start barking at anytime "Woof, Woof"!!!!We all make misstakes...  
smile.gif
Now that was some funny sh*t. Stunnah, you a fool brah....had me laughing for at least ten minutes.

fireskull.gif

Back