EV vehicles

I even watch like a hawk when I charge the batteries for my RC EV....the charger is always hooked up to an interrupter power bar.
You play with R/C toys, You?

lol. I have two HPI Vorza Flux and a couple of older BX Evaders. I like the evaders because they are rear wheel drive only and more challenging to race.

hpi.jpg

You play with R/C toys, You?

lol. I have two HPI Vorza Flux and a couple of older BX Evaders. I like the evaders because they are rear wheel drive only and more challenging to race.

View attachment 1683568
I don't have anything fancy like those...

And I can't even attach pictures as for some reason my phone isn't communicating with my laptop

I have an old Tamiya TL-01 F150 Lightning, a Tamiya Leopard 2A6, a little RC motorcycle and that's about it.....

Once my phone and laptop make up, I'll post the pictures....

I have an old Tamiya TL-01 F150 Lightning, a Tamiya Leopard 2A6, a little RC motorcycle and that's about it.....

Ahhh, that takes me back. I was married, briefly, in the mid-eighties and one of my fondest memories of that time was buying a used Tamaya buggy at a pawn brokers. I picked up a spare battery and a couple of spares at a hobby shop and every afternoon after work I'd take it for a "walk" down the side-streets to a park in a suburb of Perth, West Australia. One day I was doing speed runs across a netball court and it got out of range, went nose first into a brick wall at full speed and disintegrated into a hundred parts. That was the end of my first dabble in the hobby and I went back to arguing with the Wife after work. Many years later I renewed my interest on a whim. Don't get them out and about much though.

Ahhh, that takes me back. I was married, briefly, in the mid-eighties and one of my fondest memories of that time was buying a used Tamaya buggy at a pawn brokers. I picked up a spare battery and a couple of spares at a hobby shop and every afternoon after work I'd take it for a "walk" down the side-streets to a park in a suburb of Perth, West Australia. One day I was doing speed runs across a netball court and it got out of range, went nose first into a brick wall at full speed and disintegrated into a hundred parts. That was the end of my first dabble in the hobby and I went back to arguing with the Wife after work. Many years later I renewed my interest on a whim. Don't get them out and about much though.
I got into the hobby in the '80s when a friend of mine and colleague had around 20 of them.....mostly Tamiya...I bought a Super Blackfoot and had fun building it and buying hop up parts....my older son still has it.

Over the years I had a few bikes but found them hard to use as they are very sensitive to any little pebble. I find myself basically only using mine to entertain the neighbor kids these days...

Although I did manage to come across an RC club here that "walks" their machines to the local water front each evening....it looks kind of fun but the current platforms I have would suck for that.

Some of these people are really serious...there are about 10 of them that have low riders which they spent hours and hours on getting them just right...

RC aircraft look interesting....years ago I went to an RC airshow and some of them were beyond amazing.....there was an F-18 there which the guy had around $30k into...

We are riding our bikes and forgetting about how EV is going.........not surprising as everyone is forgetting how EV is going....

This guy is fun to listen to...

Not much to add. No need to wait around for anyone to step up.

As quoted.

"There are two kinds of people:

1.) Those who have an opinion, but are humble enough to accept that they are wrong and change there opinion when presented with new information.

2.) Those who have an opinion, but get offended when they are wrong. Their egos get in the way and they will fight tooth and nail to defend what they know is wrong."

and another

"There are two kinds of people, those who have to be right at all costs, no matter what the truth is and those who have no ego and are only interested in the truth."

EVs do not appear to be the solution. Like nuclear energy. We all know an EV works from a purely scientific standpoint.

But that doesn't mean it will be used.

Public sentiment is hard for a calculator to figure out. Sometimes you have to be the right type human to understand that some solutions aren't mathematical.

Last edited:
Despite all of this, the Cybertruck at a production rate of 125,000 per year is sold out with a waiting list beyond end of 2024.

My son just got his, lives in CA, where quite few have appeared and he loves everything about it, plus the fact that he never has to pull into a gas station again.

Picture below.

He is not into long distance trips though and makes more money than he knows what to do with. We will see how this goes.

Attach0.jpeg

Going back in time, a year ago. 09/06/2023

"EV COLLAPSE: Car dealerships are now rejecting EV deliveries due to low sales"
The headline stated. A year ago sales were still increasing, so I was told? We were at the cusp of the Big Takeoff, the big expansion of charger networks, prices were getting cheaper, all the positive spin. But sales rates were declining, and inconvenient truths were emerging.

Manufacturers were manipulating and exaggeratedly EV capabilities. For instance, the distance an EV can travel on one charge does not accurately reflect real-world conditions, especially during the winter season. In reality, drivers need to cut that range in half during winter to have a more accurate reading. Then there's load and towing capacity, the figures for which are also overblown.

The ability of electric trucks to pull trailers was misrepresented, buyers were not adequately informed about the frequent recharges required when using electric trucks for heavy-duty tasks. And buyers were misled about charging times, especially at home. They were not told how very long that takes. Instead, they were led to believe they could get going again in only 30-45 minutes or so. But that is only possible by visiting so-called 'fast' chargers, which are not at home."

I think people are basically gullible today, if they see something in an ad or on a glossy brochure they simply believe it, Amazing when you think about it. I see it all the time, people quoting lies to me, they believe the lie because they never did their research. How can you trust people like this, trust them with anything more than buying you a coffee? But word gets out, slowly slowly people talk, fess up to the truth, the ugly truth. It probably doesn't hurt that many of us state these truths on forums like this. I know the fanboi hate it but I think that's more an ego protection thing. They know the truth too, how could they not?

Recently a relative installed solar and a power-wall, that's ok, but they paid $20,000, they were absolutely fleeced. And a big part of the fleecing was BS marketing on the efficiency of the system. Bifacial solar panels were used, mounted flush with a dark tile roof? I'm no electronics engineer but I know that such an arrangement will add effectively Zero additional energy to system. Those panels were invented in 1965, for spacecraft, and they can also work well for certain applications, mounted vertically in open fields. But residential roofs? Not a chance, but it's marketing spin now so we're stuck with it.

Likewise the power-wall came with some lame government subsidy which typically means the cost of the unit is inflated, which it was. With the price of lithium collapsing I might buy one myself in another year or two because just for the redundancy factor. But I'll make damn sure of my research first! I don't want to buy into a system that requires me to have it connected to the Web, even intermittently. Under the control of faceless turds on the other side of the planet, or my own government utilities so it can be drawn upon in "times of community need".

Going back in time, a year ago. 09/06/2023

"EV COLLAPSE: Car dealerships are now rejecting EV deliveries due to low sales"
The headline stated. A year ago sales were still increasing, so I was told? We were at the cusp of the Big Takeoff, the big expansion of charger networks, prices were getting cheaper, all the positive spin. But sales rates were declining, and inconvenient truths were emerging.

Manufacturers were manipulating and exaggeratedly EV capabilities. For instance, the distance an EV can travel on one charge does not accurately reflect real-world conditions, especially during the winter season. In reality, drivers need to cut that range in half during winter to have a more accurate reading. Then there's load and towing capacity, the figures for which are also overblown.

The ability of electric trucks to pull trailers was misrepresented, buyers were not adequately informed about the frequent recharges required when using electric trucks for heavy-duty tasks. And buyers were misled about charging times, especially at home. They were not told how very long that takes. Instead, they were led to believe they could get going again in only 30-45 minutes or so. But that is only possible by visiting so-called 'fast' chargers, which are not at home."

I think people are basically gullible today, if they see something in an ad or on a glossy brochure they simply believe it, Amazing when you think about it. I see it all the time, people quoting lies to me, they believe the lie because they never did their research. How can you trust people like this, trust them with anything more than buying you a coffee? But word gets out, slowly slowly people talk, fess up to the truth, the ugly truth. It probably doesn't hurt that many of us state these truths on forums like this. I know the fanboi hate it but I think that's more an ego protection thing. They know the truth too, how could they not?

Recently a relative installed solar and a power-wall, that's ok, but they paid $20,000, they were absolutely fleeced. And a big part of the fleecing was BS marketing on the efficiency of the system. Bifacial solar panels were used, mounted flush with a dark tile roof? I'm no electronics engineer but I know that such an arrangement will add effectively Zero additional energy to system. Those panels were invented in 1965, for spacecraft, and they can also work well for certain applications, mounted vertically in open fields. But residential roofs? Not a chance, but it's marketing spin now so we're stuck with it.

Likewise the power-wall came with some lame government subsidy which typically means the cost of the unit is inflated, which it was. With the price of lithium collapsing I might buy one myself in another year or two because just for the redundancy factor. But I'll make damn sure of my research first! I don't want to buy into a system that requires me to have it connected to the Web, even intermittently. Under the control of faceless turds on the other side of the planet, or my own government utilities so it can be drawn upon in "times of community need".

Still going strong here in the US. I’ll let you know if it fails.

Back