Employer not paying up. Advice?

Kat99

Registered
So basically , im fairly new with this company and they hired me on as a supervisor. So when my first check came around it was $506 short. I told them it was wrong that same day and took all the info out of my memo book and showed them exactly on paper what it should be. THey said they would get back to me. For the last two weeks now I have had a hard time getting ahold of them. Our conversations are reduced to text messages which i HATE. Whenever I called them the last week they kept avoiding my phone calls and ignoring my text messages. By the way, I hate text messages!! So this Friday is supposed to be the new pay period. So I have not been payed in 2 weeks and if they dont pay up im going to be out over $1700 bucks!

What is the course of action I should take? Anyone on here face this problem?

Just have them served and take them to small claims court. It's just business right? Well they owe you!
Who knows...once they get served (which costs about $45) maybe they'll just do the right thing and pay up.

If you have to go to court...have your ducks in a row and show times and dates.

Good luck

not sure about Canadian law.

If they dont pay....take some time off.

Text messages prolly are better since you have a record of the conversation.

steal everything that is not nailed down!

.... ok maybe not such a good idea but it feels good just thinking about it! lol

labor board report them and remember to right down the persons name who you speak to because there like the goverment screwed. :rulez:

Department od Labor (or Canadian equivalent) would be the 1st place you should contact. They are responsible for all wage issues and employer/employee relations.

become a manager & fire your boss

:laugh::rofl:

Was this commission? The hardest thing to prove sometimes.

Did you work with them in the building?

If a company that works with commission and is not based near you ie work with them side by side, that makes it much harder.

If it somewhere you go to and physically work in then you should have a good case without too much difficulty.

Not saying the other's impossible, but just harder to prove where, when, and why.

steal everything that is not nailed down!

.... ok maybe not such a good idea but it feels good just thinking about it! lol

Funny you say that. They pay the rest of the guys peanuts yet the owner and his right hand guy, the guys who sign my checks, drive around in two Bright yellow humvees with laptops inside them and TV screens behind each seat. Work vehicle heh. But yeah that thought has crossed my mind.

Judging by your avatar, just show up in person and use scare tactics:beerchug:

Heh, combined with my use of force training and Muay thai, it would be a nice combo wouldnt it.

Na man, i cant , as much as i want to , im trying to get into law enforcement so have to stay clean, maybe in my younger days heh.

Labor board here :thumbsup:

called the labour board , told them the story , they said they have enough evidence to lay a charge. It might take about 6 months to get the money back.. Along with this months bills, ill be down about 3000 bucks.

Im going to wait till Friday which is the next pay period for them to make good. If they dont i think im taking it to small claims as its faster and you can claim damages.

the labour board told me i cant do both , i either file a claim with them or small claims, Im leaning towards small claims.

:laugh::rofl:.

If it somewhere you go to and physically work in then you should have a good case without too much difficulty.

Copy , that my friend , its a physical location with many witnesses.

I also have excellent memo book skills,and everything documented down to 15 min increments. Funny because thats one of the reasons they hired me was to " document and minimise liability" as they put it. haha.I guess maybe my P.Foundations training will pay off . heh. Crap that reminds me....... student loan payment coming up.

Last edited:
if they are shorting you, have you thought of another job?

I don't think is going to end well and you will probably win, but what will the work environment be like after?

Back