ECU flashed today at Blais Cycle

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Rode down today to have Home - Blais Cycle flash my ECU and tweak the map a bit. Really just wanted to get top speed limiter taken off because you know I need that frequently on my milk runs. But anyway Paul down there wasn't happy with just doing that so he removed the soft limiter that was there at 10,500rpms and put a Hard cut limiter at 11,400rpms. After some tweaking and tuning the bike picked up 3hp. Not much but I wasn't expecting any at all. I had bike on their dyno in August 09 when they originally did it, then again November 2011 and then today we did a baseline run. All were 185hp. Did the above mentioned and it is now at 188.5hp. This was today in 103 degree ambient temps after I rode an hour on the hgwy to get there.

If you've since ripped it as you should, you should definately notice a difference in first and second. As the first through fourth gear timing restrictions are removed along with the top speed limiter in the newer versions of ecu editor.
It should raise the front wheel much easier under hard throttle now.

Pics because it happened :laugh:

fc9b744d.jpg

Most popular Boost By Smith box...
9509bb2f.jpg

First dyno sheet shows before and after.....
BlaisCycleDynosheet89120001.jpg

This one shows dyno run thru the gears. According to the dyno, which I really don't know how accurate this aspect is, I picked up like 17mph on the top end as 6th gear pulls hard all the way thru where it used to fall off. Before it fell off at 180 and now pulls to 197mph. Again I'm not sure how accurate in real speed that is?
I'll have to check that :)
Blaiscycledynosheet289120001.jpg

While I was there an older gentleman dropped off both his turbo Busas.

A 250hp GenI built by Blais....
3684ef43.jpg

5675b635.jpg

And a 450hp GenII monster also built by them....
2cdd1101.jpg

be6b805d.jpg

Both were just run out of state somewhere and easily went into the 200s.
The guy that owns them is 70 years old yep 70! It's humbling to think I'm a 42yr old badazz and have him come in :laugh:

While I was there an older gentleman dropped off both his turbo Busas.

A 250hp GenI built by Blais....
3684ef43.jpg

5675b635.jpg

And a 450hp GenII monster also built by them....
2cdd1101.jpg

be6b805d.jpg

Both were just run out of state somewhere and easily went into the 200s.
The guy that owns them is 70 years old yep 70! It's humbling to think I'm a 42yr old badazz and have him come in :laugh:

Have to ask is he a member already or did you slip an org registration card:poke: :whistle: :laugh:

I need to go visit them now that I put the new Vance and Hines header on 2 days ago. I have a canned tune right now.

So...... Are you gonna turbo Blanca Said ?? :-)

Have to ask is he a member already or did you slip an org registration card:poke: :whistle: :laugh:

He lives here local and meets up Sunday's at a local station for morning rides. I recognized him when he walked in and said hello. He knows about the org and has surfed it before but I don't think he's a member yet.

John Logsdon runs texas mile

Yes that's him. Nice older gentle man. If you met him outside of bikes I don't think you'd believe he rides a 450hp bike.

Do3 I'll ask for the torque sheet. It's almost same as it was just 1lb more which could be due to anything.

If you've since ripped it as you should, you should definately notice a difference in first and second. As the first through fourth gear timing restrictions are removed along with the top speed limiter in the newer versions of ecu editor.

The timing at WOT is the same in all gears, the only difference in the different gear maps are at low rpm, low throttle. There is a weird difference in the secondary throttle plates in gears 2 and 3 that are somewhat restricted in a roll on type situation that can be made to match up with gears 1,4,5,6.

He didn't really do much other than remove speed limit, raise redline limiter and tweak it a bit.
It wasn't a full blown ecu flash session as I wasn't paying for that. Was just a quick visit, hang out and play with the bike kinda thing. What they charged me was next to nothing for all.
Paul said there's more that can be done but we can address it in the future.

Good stuff Blanca! :thumbsup:

@ Turbo bikes: He's in the Loring pics from July and maybe even Ohio. Looks like some fun stuff, any idea what he ran?

Hey 6pack you know alot about ecu flashing maybe you can give a new comer some advice please my mechanic told me he could flash my 02 busa and he could set my fan to come on sooner I live in South Florida and my busa heats up really bad in stop and go traffic or traffic jams so if I do the flash will it keep the bike from running hot I need the ecu flashed anyways I just don't want to be disappointed I bought my busa used its got a yoshi 4 into 1 system on it and the previous owner had a techlusion fuel controller on it and it was causing issues with the busa my mechanic unhooked it and the busa runs better but rich I think. So any advice will be appreciated. I was thinking about doing a 2nd fan mod 1st and flashing the ecu later on but the mechanic said do the ecu flash and it will take care of the heating issue during rush hour on I95 thanks

Hey 6pack you know alot about ecu flashing maybe you can give a new comer some advice please my mechanic told me he could flash my 02 busa and he could set my fan to come on sooner I live in South Florida and my busa heats up really bad in stop and go traffic or traffic jams so if I do the flash will it keep the bike from running hot I need the ecu flashed anyways I just don't want to be disappointed I bought my busa used its got a yoshi 4 into 1 system on it and the previous owner had a techlusion fuel controller on it and it was causing issues with the busa my mechanic unhooked it and the busa runs better but rich I think. So any advice will be appreciated. I was thinking about doing a 2nd fan mod 1st and flashing the ecu later on but the mechanic said do the ecu flash and it will take care of the heating issue during rush hour on I95 thanks

I would have the ecu flashed, as the fan can be set to come on sooner, 10 degrees should do.
You may still need a 2nd fan though, as some gen1's do.

What are you using for coolant? Try engine ice. Flush the cooling system, replace with engine and make sure you burp it good.

Back