dyno results---007HARV vs. 007NICK 0+1+1

OK geeks, did a pull on ANOTHER DynoJet150, this one at my regular shop. Havent scanned the print yet but yet another set of numbers. At least this one the tach input worked, so I got a torque graph---exactly what I'm looking for, baby pulled 98.1 corrected ft.lbs. @ 7750/8000 rpm @ 144.8/149.5 corrected HP. Dyno dude was DAMM impressed. Gonna go scan these prints so I can email to Martin and post on themotorhead.com.

Also succumbed to the need to spend, I'm now in a brand new Vanson blue/white full suit---HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! Tuff tittie for Kurtie. No more road rash.

MY POINT IS(LISTEN!!!) they're all different, dang it!!! Same ambient conditions as the other day on the 161.6 pull---go figure!

Mabusa,if everyone Dynoed on one dyno with the same conditions then we could compare Dyno runs.But since that is not possible Dynos should only be used as a tuning process.The day that my bike pulled 162hp on the Dyno we Dynoed 3 other Hayabusas to get a fair comparison.Try staying with one dyno to tune on.I did 3rd gear roll ons with another Hayabusa with a BMC filter,Akrapovic exhaust and had 162hp,my bike was stock,I slowly pulled away.

[This message has been edited by Gixxer1300R (edited 19 July 2000).]

dav'o you just weigh more mostly.but i only went 114 116 in the 1/8.foot shifting.you need about 50 passes per combo to have an accurate assesment on what works.i'll go back out friday when i can get more than 2 passes.i just change to a 44 rear from stock also.so we'll see.i already tested the stuff on my 99 with stock pipes now i'll do it with a pipe

Kurt,

Sounds like one dyno was high, one low. They do vary, but I thought they were getting better. The Dyno I use seems about average. Stock R1 128hp, stock Busa 156hp, Stock ZX12 162hp(gutted can). Piped R1 142hp, piped Busa 165hp. All on same day. Sounds about right to me.

Motor,
I agree the track is the final measure. Last Friday I was running consistent low 70's @ 143mph. Obviously YOU have more power. I was running 117mph 1/8, which I thought was good. Going to play around with shift points more, was working on my short times. This is stock wheelbase, lowered 2" rear, front strapped. I weigh almost 200lbs with gear. Wish I was running 148+mph!!!

Dave

Martin has mail, dunno if you can use that pic of the chart or not, photopoint hates it. I tried to slim it down but it cries "bigger than 2048X2048". I'm a total hack in windows...
I guess I'll just settle down and stick to one of the 2 "dynos" and keep my baseline #s so's I can tell if I'm gaining or losing. The generous one is alot closer to home.

Later dudes, headed to Mom's on the lake to ride hell outta the SeaDoo w/ niece/nephew from San Antonio! They're funny as crap, all they wanna do is get thrown off!!!

'Lantabusa,

How much did those mods cost you?

You've got 6 more rwhp than I do on a BONE STOCK Hayabusa. Doesn't really seem like it's worth the time, effort and money.

Unless you're into participating and winning dyno shootouts doesn't really seem like a big improvement over stock to me.

your dyno is apples, mine is oranges, can't compare numbers---they all lie. Did you get email? You're paid for the clutch mod, when can ya ship?

All these guys with pipes, pc 2's and TMH air boxes getting horsepower in the low 160's makes me wonder how Gixx1300 got 162 stock?!

Help me figure out this mystery!?

Kurt,

Get your bike to the track, the timing lights don't lie. Your trap speed will tell you the HP.

Dave

OH YEAH GOIN TO THE LAKE CAN'T WAIT THIS WILL BE GREAT, PACKED ALL CRAP FOR OVERNIGHT, INSTALL TANK BRA HELMET ON GLOVES ON READY TO GO STRADDLE BIKE ---wait a minute...picture not right...key already on? no lights? OK, WHERE'S THE DAMM CHARGER!!! CRAP!!!

MABUSA, YOU'RE NOT LISTENING.

Who says my bike won't pull 168 on Nick's dyno? Nobody! They're all different! These thingies don't get calibrated or anything they just run em. I ran 161 hot as hell, big diff. when 50 or 60 degrees, high hum. here, maybe not elsewhere. What I DO know is the thing pulls a LOT harder than it used to, AND I am running all long stacks.
Can you stockers fry the tire on a 1-2 shift? I can.

Nuts having reading probs...

On a dynojet150(which is owned by a racing team) 007HARV pulled 159.3 peak rwhp.

End result? 161.6 peak rwhp.

hehehe 'tard!

lanta

you said "baby pulled 98.1 corrected ft.lbs. @ 7750/8000 rpm @ 144.8/149.5 corrected HP"

so is this your peak RWHP correccted to sae hp??

Nuts

Hey Lantabusa,from looking at your Dyno chart I would suggest try switching back to 2 short,2 long stacks.That should bring your low end horsepower up and not effect you top end horsepower.

[This message has been edited by Gixxer1300R (edited 20 July 2000).]

Back