drywall expert ?

Although the inspector just noticed that our plans & permit were for a 24 x 26 one story.  We are 26 x 32 two stories.  
cool.gif

He (Friday) called a screeching halt to the work until we submit (and pay for) modifications to the permit.
you didnt actually try slipping that one by did you?

not trying to be a no it all but patching a textured ceiling doesnt work unless ur a expert plasterer you will always see the patch job. and if there is insulation under the ceiling and im sure there is it is ruined and should be replaced also. in a ceiling you should have at least 9 inches of attic insulation.

not trying to be a no it all but patching a textured ceiling doesnt work unless ur a expert plasterer you will always see the patch job. and if there is insulation under the ceiling and im sure there is it is ruined and should be replaced also. in a ceiling you should have at least 9 inches of attic insulation.
HP is pretty much right. A good repair will be hardly noticable.

His other point is valid as well. Especially if you have blown in insulation (treated cellulose). Carefull when you pull down the ceiling, if it is blown in, it is going to go everywhere. Replace it with glass.

Oh damn, Mikey! Seein' yer pics caused me to have a flashback to when me and Pops were buildin' my house. Now I can't feel my legs and my head is spinnin'... I hope I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have to fug with buildin' a new home again!!!
drooling3.gif

Man, I love my home though. Wouldn't swap it for all the busas in the world! Nothin' fancy but it's MINE and it holds lots of sentimental value seein' as how me and my Dad done most of it ourselves. Wouldn't sell it for any amount of money!
super.gif

Oh damn, Mikey! Seein' yer pics caused me to have a flashback to when me and Pops were buildin' my house. Now I can't feel my legs and my head is spinnin'... I hope I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have to fug with buildin' a new home again!!!
drooling3.gif

Man, I love my home though. Wouldn't swap it for all the busas in the world! Nothin' fancy but it's MINE and it holds lots of sentimental value seein' as how me and my Dad done most of it ourselves. Wouldn't sell it for any amount of money!
super.gif
Probably should have started "I'm adding to my house" Thread but...

I agree w/ you Bullet. There is nothing like building your own. No way could I afford to do it on my meger teacher salary if I was paying ot have it done.

Just laid 300 sq feet of concrete board on the balcony yesterday. Preping for tile!

drooling3.gif

super.gif

I agree w/ you Bullet.  There is nothing like building your own.  No way could I afford to do it on my meger teacher salary if I was paying ot have it done.

Just laid 300 sq feet of concrete board on the balcony yesterday.  Preping for tile!
Heck, if I lived close by I'd be over there helpin' ya out Mikey. You'd have to buy the pizza though.
wink.gif

drooling3.gif

super.gif

I agree w/ you Bullet.  There is nothing like building your own.  No way could I afford to do it on my meger teacher salary if I was paying ot have it done.

Just laid 300 sq feet of concrete board on the balcony yesterday.  Preping for tile!
Heck, if I lived close by I'd be over there helpin' ya out Mikey. You'd have to buy the pizza though.
wink.gif
Fla to Phx, 2 hours by Busa!

Just remember to stop before you hit Mexico this time!

The pizza is on it's way!
beerchug.gif

Fla to Phx, 2 hours by Busa!

Just remember to stop before you hit Mexico this time!

The pizza is on it's way!  
beerchug.gif
First ya call my busa "Lilah"... Now you got me livin' in Fla? I am BT, not REV... Come on, man. Ya gotta do me better than this.
wink.gif
I'm sorry.

Evidently I have crainal rectosis.

So where do you live? Somewhere out there dosen't tell me much. Besides, I thought you were in a warm wether place.

I'll try to do better!

Branch Kin is when one person pissed in the branch (creek) and the other drank from it. Hehehehehehehe...
wink.gif

thread-jackers!....
laugh.gif

Now I get it, Mikey! CYA....not to mention that you knew about this already and was trying to slip this pass the dood.

Bad Mikey....bad Mikey!

Back