Do you have a barcode on your license plate?? Automatic License Plate Recognition

Here in Tennessee they started placing barcodes ONLY on motorcycle license plates. I have heard rumors due to motorcycles are more likely to run from police then stop for a traffic violation.
Pretty interesting article here. Its pretty much instant, shoot a laser beam and Wooo Lahhh all your information!!

Automatic License Plate Recognition In Oklahoma

Re: Do you have a barcode on your license plate?? Automatic License Plate Recognitio

They have got your details before you even see them so no point in running:whistle:

Re: Do you have a barcode on your license plate?? Automatic License Plate Recognitio

have you ever had a clerk attempt to scan a barcode when you are in a hurry..what usually happens...

Sharks with fricken lazar beams are coming to get me

I just put new plates on my old truck yesterday, and noticed that they have a barcode on them.

Draw a couple extra lines with a sharpie and you are all set......

I have heard the barcodes were for Metermaids. They were planning on using RFID chips in the plates here. They could be used for speeding as well as inform a cop when an illegal/stolen vehicle/plate was near him. The project died because the rest of the state didn't want to play.

i was going to say sounds pricey.... another reason to make our taxes higher

Barcodes and chips huh?
My next plate is gonna get beat to death with a hammer before it makes it on the bike. :whistle:

Here in the DC area the patrol cars are fitted with License plate readers on both sides of the trunk, they had them for a few years now. They scan plates for stolen vehicles, plates, warrants tickets etc.... I sat in my buddies patrol car and it's amazing how many plates the software can read, it alerts on the screen and tone for a hit.

Well shucks, it's getting harder and harder to be a criminal :laugh:

Well shucks, it's getting harder and harder to be a criminal :laugh:

I guess maybe we need to just play nice and then who really cares if there is an RFID or Barcode on our tags.

But the first time one of these things gets your stolen property back you will be so happy you had it.:poke:

I guess maybe we need to just play nice and then who really cares if there is an RFID or Barcode on our tags.

But the first time one of these things gets your stolen property back you will be so happy you had it.:poke:

Who owns a Busa and plays nice :laugh:

Hmmm wrong view from my helmet.... 2 phone calls can be made.
1) Uhhh hello insurance company, my hayabusa was stolen can you please cut me a check.

2) Sitting in jail, Calls buddy. Hey man can you come bail me out of jail and bring 1000.00 so I can get my bike out of the impound yard and call my attorney let him know that he will need to represent me in court and hopefully get my license back.

Oh yeah, that's the way it works bc law enforcement is made of idiots and insurance companies don't have lawyers and investigators. Best of luck with it :laugh:

So far no bar coded plates here. Will be renewing my truck plates in February, so I'll see if it appears on them then.
First off, I don't/won't ever run anyway. But still scratching my head as to how the LEO is going to read a bar code on a motorcycle plate, going by in the opposite direction at a offense rate of speed. I think the Oklahoma thing is mostly for something to do with the toll booths. Might work good for checking vehicle/driver/rider stuff after a stop has been made, or in theft recovery. But that tenth of a second view when I meet the popo at 70 in a 30mph corner, I don't think so.:laugh:

Back