Cycle World Cherry Hill Out of Business!!!

Daniel that is exactly how I feel. We are killing our own economy with cheap chinese junk. speaking of stuff. i bought a brocks full system with the street meg from you a few years ago. anyhow do they make a carbon fiber can with a black mid pipe and tip? im looking to get rid of the polished street meg to get something quieter and all black. thx

oh yea i got my 08 busa in june of 08 from bartlesville cycle sports in bartlesville, OK for 10,411 out the door. they were happy to sell it to me for that price, no questions asked. it is the 2nd bike i have bought there

i posted yesterday but had to be approved for some reason (i think because it had a link in it).

a buddy of mine stopped @ cycle world last week or so, saw they were closed & started talking to a neighboring business. according to them, cops came in & locked the place up & pulled all the tags off company & owner vehicles. was also mentioned that they were fraudulently adding people on to bike loans to get them approved...

its hearsay, but i'm sure there is some truth to it. police dont just close your doors for no reason...

google search shows they filed chapter 7 on 6/8/12

ive been there numerous times and its no surprise to me that they went out of business. they had the worst selection of gear id ever seen for such a large store. poor business practices will put anyone out of business.

people who buy bikes buy them cause they want toys. there are plenty of people with plenty of money in this part of the country and them goin under has nothing to do with the economy.

i agree, well said sir. their parts guys were horrible as well.

I bought a 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 from them and they were about $1200 lower than anyone (at the time I bought it). The last unit, the 2011 I paid 10.9 +600, 11600 out the door. This was $1300 lower then what I could find elsewhere. Their 2012 were selling for 12.9 + 600, the rest of the dealers in MD were selling at retail, $13.9+600.

I did buy 2 of the bikes in Nov/Jan and got great prices without the extra fee. They always waived the fees in the off season, but not in season.

Good possible news..Called America Suzuki, they checked and saw I bought 4 in the last few years and are looking in to helping me out.

wow $11600 out the door is a deal, I was willing to pay them $11,500 plus tax tag and all the standard except for the BS dealers fees that rack up to $600 and they basically told me to get lost.

I was helping my sister's boyfriend out look for a bike. I decided to look at Cycle World's eBay page to see what they had and was confused why there was nothing. I googled them and saw something about filing for bankruptcy and then this thread also came up on the search.

I guess everyone has a different experience there, both good and bad. I got my Hayabusa from them just last year and fortunately for me it was an awesome experience. They were about $1200-1300 less than all the other dealerships within 100 miles of me. My salesman and all the other staff were super nice and helpful.

Good news.. Called American Suzuki who agreed to send me the seat cowl that Cherry Hill shorted me. The rep did say there has been a lot of confusion about the seat cowls because some bikes, some years were not included.

you can ceramic coat your street meg can and midpipe unless you just want something longer..there are cf cans available and mid pipe can be ceramic coated..

Daniel that is exactly how I feel. We are killing our own economy with cheap chinese junk. speaking of stuff. i bought a brocks full system with the street meg from you a few years ago. anyhow do they make a carbon fiber can with a black mid pipe and tip? im looking to get rid of the polished street meg to get something quieter and all black. thx

a buddy of mine went there last week, saw they were closed & started talking to people next door.

ALLEGEDLY...

police came in & shut them down. removed all the tags from company & owner vehicles.

also supposedly they were fraudulently adding cosigners to loans to sell bikes.

i'm fairly local to the area & this is all through the grapevine, so take it for what its worth.

quick google search popped this up:

Company Bankruptcy Information for Cycle World of Cherry Hill, LLC

- To set the record straight we closed voluntarily, no one forced us, The company cars were left on the property by the owners because they were owned by cycle world, no one ripped the tags off.
- All of our service and parts guys were able to get there tools as well.
- Theres reasons you cant give a 2 week notice when your in the business, but they pretty much knew something was going on.
- ALSO for all the people who had bikes & parts in service when we closed ; we called ALL of those customers to either have them come pick their bikes up or we'd deliver a week in advance so that is their own fault if they didnt get there in time, come on we were open from 10am- 8pm.
- & anyone who had parts we mailed them out, because the owner of cycle world isnt some scumbag worried about himself.
-if you know anything about finance you would know its next to impossible to add a cosigner with out the proper forms of identifications and all that, Dont you think the customer would see that when they got their first bill. Come on now & i would know because that was my job there finance and never once did we do dumb **** like that.
- & yes the economy sucks, we were one of the top dealers in the country, but manufactures cut there profit margins & thats why the people who are low ballers and try to have dealer fees "waved" get mad when we couldnt, its not our fault we had to make some kind of profit, our bad i guess.
* just to set the record straight i felt i had to put my imput because i actually know.

Back