Couple of summer pics.

Nice pics! Just a question; why put a TRE on a 99 Busa? There is no speed restriction on the first year Busa. I've always thought that was the only reason to install one.

Last edited:
You really cant do wheelies anywhere, the consequences are heavy on the road. Whats that ? take it to the race track > think again. I was watching a track day and a friend of mine did a wheelie down the main straight, pretty much the length of the straight. A track marshall saw this and went beserk, saying if he does it again he will be asked to leave and never return ??? he said it was a safety issue:rulez:, you cant do a wheelie on a race track >>> So what is a wheelie addict to do !!

wheelies if caught here is a $10,000 fine and a bike impoundment for 7 days. front fender is some brand name but i do not remember what it is to be honest, i bought it used on here. TRE was suppose to make the bike better in lower gears, i dont know if it does anything or not, i did a lot at the same time, so i couldnt tell what actually made the difference.

cheers,

- Kons

Nice pics! Just a question; why put a TRE on a 99 Busa? There is no speed restriction on the first year Busa. I've always thought that was the only reason to install one.

The TRE gets rid of the 1st (and 2nd I believe) timing retard that Suzuki's have. Allowing the bike to "think" it's in 6th gear where there is no restrictions at all. It isn't a top speed limiter, its a small power limiter to try to protect "us" from the beast in first and second gear! This is why the TRE mod throws off gear indicators. Since it is "tricking" the bike into thinking its in 6th gear. As far as I know ANY fuel injected sportbike can benefit from a TRE. :beerchug:

Sorry to threadjack. Nice bike though!

Back