Steering damper on a busa?

Like RayDog says, you have some underlying issues you need to sort out. If I had that project I would begin by putting the suspension back to factory stock. Ride height, compression, rebound, everything before searching for the problem. Then play with one setting at a time. Could be as simple as tires. I had an 04 GSXR1K that hated dunlop tires. I had head shake in every corner and couldn't get rid of it. One of my race friends gave me a set of Pirelli's to try and the problem was instantly solved. You'll simply have to deal with one thing at a time until you figure it out. Only after the headshake is under control should you change your stock suspension settings.

Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, one thing you can try is loosen your grip on the bars. I have seen guys with issues such as yours as a result of having a death grip on the bars. Try turning the bars loose once the bike is leaned over and see if the shake continues. I'd try that before I made any adjustments.

I agree with TufBusa.....I had to start from scratch and set my 'busa back to stock settings then start over. Also, when I first started riding i had the "death grip" problem too! After, I loosened up my grip, it cut the shake out all together. :beerchug:

I agree with TufBusa.....I had to start from scratch and set my 'busa back to stock settings then start over. Also, when I first started riding i had the "death grip" problem too! After, I loosened up my grip, it cut the shake out all together. :beerchug:

An after thought....when I lowered my bike(for 1/4 mile racing) my 'busa never felt so good!

Back