Could use positive thoughts for Dad 81 in hospital

Still thinking of you guys. I hope things are better today, Keith.

Thank you all; he's doing much better today things are flowing and mostly clear. Dr in a little while ago they want to do a proceedure in the morning to cauterize the blood vessels in his bladder that are bleeding. After that they will release him next day. If they can't get surgical suite tomorrow it wil be Tuesday and won't release til Wednesday. My Mother stayed last night a little too much for her so either my Brother or I will stay tonight. He's finally having a nap right now. Dr says he can fix him up and that procedure is routine, but at 81 nothing is routine.

He reinjured whatever is causing it, last night he was bleeding pretty badly and the Surgeon had to come in himself and clear the blockage. He had surgery this AM to cauterize the bleeder in his bladder and right now he's going ok. Supposedly this fixes it and he'll be released tomorrow. I'm going over after work and stay the night.

Hope Dad is resting and healing up Keith! I'm sure the last few days have been pretty tough on the entire family. You're all in my thoughts :please:

Thank you all for your kind wishes! His cathe was removed this morning (4 AM); I'll bet they flushed 15 gallons of fluid thru him (1 HUGE bag about every 45 minutes). He can go on his own, no clots, fairly clear urine. He had a decent night last night and got some sleep, but got disoriented a couple of times and tried to get out of bed and walk to bathroom, forgetting he was tubed to the bed. I think they will release him today.

I got about an hour total sleep last night, and here I am at work (don't know how long I'll last).

Glad he may get to go home today Keith...sorry this is going to be a very long day for you :(

He just called me he's on his way home sounds much better.

The series of pics below is the sunrise this morning from his hospital room. I wish I'd had a real camera as these just don't do it justice. Was breathtaking sequence as the sun peeked above the horizon and mixed with the shadows of the fog. Was a good morning for him to wake up to and we got to watch it together. Especially when he knew he was walking out of that hospital on his own two feet.

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

When you're watching a sunrise from a hospital room, it truly shows you what to appreciate, doesn't it? Been there, done that...great shots :thumbsup:

Back