Congrats to VaBusa

Very Cool...Even with the uh...Harley Jacket. :D

Really good stuff, Just remember to take your time to get to know your Busa... Have fun...

Very cool and congrats Va !!! A Harley to a Busa - ha ha - no surprise it would be a big difference !!

Oh my god! I almost forgot. Did anyone tell you about the kickstand? Always shut your bike off in gear and then pull back. The kickstand sucks. Never park it facing downhill in the very least. If others have told you this already then never mind.

The bike looks fantastic and wow, what a smile.

Enjoy,

Paul

Oh my god!  I almost forgot.  Did anyone tell you about the kickstand?  Always shut your bike off in gear and then pull back.  The kickstand sucks.  Never park it facing downhill in the very least.  If others have told you this already then never mind.

The bike looks fantastic and wow, what a smile.

Enjoy,

Paul
Thanks for the info...I hadn't heard about that yet Paul...

I had a battle with the kickstand my first time out...I was racing back home to beat the storm heading my way, and I was in a big hurry to put the Busa away...I put the kickstand down to go open the garage door, and when I got back on, I'd forgotten it was down.  Found out that the Suzuki shuts off each and every time you try to put it in 1st gear with the stand down.  But, blondie here couldn't figure out what she was doing wrong!  

See, the Harley would let you ride until the stand fell off or you wrecked because of it!  I've got to get used to all these "extras" the Harley didn't have!  :D

I don't usually ride with the kickstand down (no, really...I'm not that dumb), but in that moment of haste, I just didn't realize I'd left it down!  Call it new Busa owner anxiety! I didn't want him to get wet!

Congrats Girl!!!

I was out of town this weekend and come back to find out that you are a bonafide Busa owner!!! Welcome to the club!! You are going to love that bike more and more each time you ride it!! After I got mine, I would get up early and go peek out in the garage to make sure it was still there and that I wasn't dreaming!

I am very happy for you!! HAVE FUN!!! (Be safe!) Hey, wasn't that shirt hilarious about my mom rides faster than your dad?? Gotta find that!!!!!

LoBusa

:beerchug:

Congrats Girl!!!

I was out of town this weekend and come back to find out that you are a bonafide Busa owner!!!  Welcome to the club!! You are going to love that bike more and more each time you ride it!!  After I got mine, I would get up early and go peek out in the garage to make sure it was still there and that I wasn't dreaming!

I am very happy for you!!  HAVE FUN!!!  (Be safe!)  Hey, wasn't that shirt hilarious about my mom rides faster than your dad??  Gotta find that!!!!!

LoBusa

:beerchug:
If I can't find that shirt, I'm going to have to make it!

Thanks Lo...I've already checked on my Busa many times in the 3 days I've had it...first thing in the a.m., just before bed...if I could get it up the steps to the house, I'd probably park it in the living room!

The battles have begun around our house...hubby claims my bike's scared of his black Harley, and I just quibble back that I know how much gas I have, how my mileage is...that my foot pegs are spring loaded and his are just hanging on with bolts...

Oh, it's neverending, but fun as hell! The true test will be when we go riding, and he doesn't get the looks that he's used to because I'm riding in front of him (about 5 miles ahead mind you) getting the attention!

Gotta love it! :D

So you really did it! Good job. I look forward to hearing about you adventures with the new toy. Just be careful...it is so smooth, it is easy to get into trouble.

So share this long list of mods you have planned. What are you going to do first?

So you really did it! Good job. I look forward to hearing about you adventures with the new toy. Just be careful...it is so smooth, it is easy to get into trouble.

So share this long list of mods you have planned. What are you going to do first?
Well, I had swapping out the windshield as #1, but I'm very happy with the stock shield and I can see the gauges just fine...

The undertail needs to be replaced...I do not like the rear fender after seeing so many on here without...that's probably one of the biggest changes for now...

I successfully relocated my license plate bracket on the Harley, and loved it...I'd love to find another place to put that damn plate!

I need something to protect my tank...I'd love to not have a tank bra, but it looks like it'll offer the best scratch resistance...I don't want the paint to fade, so that's an immediate issue for me right now...not sure what I'll do...

I need to remove stickers and the annoying side reflectors...soon... :D

I've got Vance & Hines bolt-ons on order; should be here at the end of the month...I've got a pic attached...

I was thinking I'd like to replace the gauge faces with white benzels, but I think I like the stock gauges more...

chrome rims (one day)...

The more I hang around here with you guys, the longer the list gets! I'd love to have an amp and speakers like you Greg! But, I don't want to be too distracted while riding...it takes all of this blonde's concentration, you know! :)

And maybe, one day...long time from now...I'll have him painted with some custom work...no ideas at the moment, but I wouldn't mind the Busa standing out a bit more when I'm in a Busa crowd! Right now, no one around here has one, so I stand out enough for the moment... :D

Damn...Blondie forgot the pic of the bolt-ons!

:crazy:

V_H_pipes.gif

Ok, that's better. We were about to vote you off the island for not posting pics. You dropped 'em on us just in time! :laugh:

Oh, and nice bike. You have excellent taste! Now, find time to peel them stickers and yank those reflectors. If you need pointers on how to yank the rear reflectors just drop me a PM. And remember, the fasteners on the busa are metric. Except for the phillips head screws of course. ;)

Again, congrats! We're all excited for ya! :super:

Ok, that's better. We were about to vote you off the island for not posting pics. You dropped 'em on us just in time!  :laugh:

Oh, and nice bike. You have excellent taste! Now, find time to peel them stickers and yank those reflectors. If you need pointers on how to yank the rear reflectors just drop me a PM. And remember, the fasteners on the busa are metric. Except for the phillips head screws of course.  ;)

Again, congrats! We're all excited for ya!  :super:
Thanks Chris! I wasn't trying to ignore you guys...just been super busy, and trying to ride when I have a few minutes...

I only got in about 130 miles so far, but it's enough to know that I love this bike!

I've got to remove those reflectors and stickers...just need time, and when I have time, I want to ride! I need to hire a babysitter perhaps?!

Sorry about the pic quality...it's a digi camera, and I'm no photographer like BulletTrain! :D

Michelle, an alternative to the standard leather bras which can mar the paint if something gets underneath. I have the silver colored one and it looks and fits well. No way for anything to work its way underneath the magnetic bra.

Mag-Knight Bra

New bike looks good. I still have my Harley so I do quick change between hard ass biker and laid back sportbike guy. Love every minute when I am on either one of them. Ride safe.....Bob

Thanks Bob...I'll take a look at that as an alternative...
The magnets don't rub the paint at all?

I don't envision me getting on the Harley...not until I'm MUCH older perhaps?! I'm kidding...just having too much fun on this Busa right now! Thanks again...

Va, nope, when installed the bra lays completely flat on the tank. No movement at all and no way for any debris to get underneath. I'll take a snap of the bra so you can see what it looks like on the bike. Bob

Va, by the way.....your avatar lizard is cool but you need to downsize to 64x64 to see it on your posts...

Damn Bob! I had to stare at the pics before I could even see the magnet!

I was wondering if you had custom paint on the tank since the lines didn't follow what I'm used to seeing...

Looks good...and barely noticeable...kind of wish they followed the originial paint lines though...definitely worth looking at either way...

Thanks for posting pics! I appreciate that...

Back