Congrats to VaBusa

Another piece of advice, ride with the hump on initially. It only takes a slight twitch of the wrist to get moving, any more then that you will be sliding off the rear. :)

Yea! to you VA...When you are ready for a double bubble windshield, pm me. I have an extra zero gravity light smoke looking to be on a bike. I will make you an offer you cannot refuse. Bob Also have some bling bling bar ends if you might be interested. These items reserved for you first.

Well Paul...it was short (refer to another thread for my "damn, forgot the boots you need to ride it home" story)

But, my first ride was great! I put on my full-face, jeans (sorry, no leather pants for me, yet...), and my white Harley Davidson coat (isn't that a hoot?! Hey, I like the coat!)...turned the key and fired him up...I just sat there for a minute or so getting used to the foot controls (my Harley's got forward controls, so these are very different!)

I rode through the yard and headed out on our long gravel drive...that bike is a breeze on my road...I nearly dumped both Harley's on it, but the Busa was a dream...when I got to the end, I briefly practiced my braking (again, getting used to those foot controls), and pulled out on the road...

Now, I promised myself I was going to take it easy, and I did...but I did play with accelerating quickly just so I could feel the pull of the bike...very smooth and easy to handle...I'm very impressed, as is my Harley riding husband...a storm was heading my way, so I made a quick ride to see my father, then headed home just before the rain started. The ride was exhilerating, and it was dusk, tons of lightening off in the distance, wind beginning to pick up...I did great, and I've found an awesome ride! After nearly 9 months of researching (and drooling), I'm very happy with my choice...

It was a great first ride, and I couldn't keep the grin off of my face! Lots of riding set for tomorrow, if the storms blow through! :D

then headed home just before the rain started.  The ride was exhilerating, and it was dusk, tons of lightening off in the distance, wind beginning to pick up.
The Busa curse strikes again but you made it home before the rain. It seems that it always rains on the first day of ownership.

Yea! to you VA...When you are ready for a double bubble windshield, pm me. I have an extra zero gravity light smoke looking to be on a bike.  I will make you an offer you cannot refuse. Bob Also have some bling bling bar ends if you might be interested. These items reserved for you first.
Thanks for the offer, but surprisingly, I'm happy with the windshield...I've read so much about getting the double bubble, I'd put it on my long list of mods...but I can see the gauges perfectly...guess it pays to be only 5' 7" sometimes?!

That's fantastic. I am so happy for you. Enjoy it and be safe this weekend.

Paul

then headed home just before the rain started.  The ride was exhilerating, and it was dusk, tons of lightening off in the distance, wind beginning to pick up.
The Busa curse strikes again but you made it home before the rain.  It seems that it always rains on the first day of ownership.
Ain't that the truth?! It came a huge thunder boomer the day I got mine, too. Must be the Busa gods celebrating the damnation of another hopeless sole. :devil:

What?  Still no pictures?  What's the deal?  Husband stole the camera or the bike?

I did a 400 mile trip yesterday and today to my parents and back. Was fantastic. Notice the shirt?

Paul

leathers2.jpg

Oh yea, and the t-shirt. Hard to read but it is a genuine Hayabusa.org shirt.

Okay...I did finally get just a few minutes to take pics...been a very busy weekend!

I did ride as much as I could...probably only got 100 miles or so on him...I rode it in today to work, so I've been playing show and tell all morning! :D

VaBusa4.JPG

So, am I happy with this new toy of mine?  I can't believe how much fun the Busa is!  I could spend all day on it, but have only been able to get in a short ride here and there.

I went riding with my Dad twice over the weekend; he's got a 1200 Harley Sportster...he said my bike looks fast just sitting still (well, yeah!), and that I've got an awful lot of rear tire to use up (gee, thanks for pointing out the chicken strips!)...

Overall, I don't miss my little yellow Harley at all.  In fact, the Busa has been so easy to handle, I think all riders should have to operate a Harley first, then get a Busa!  BIG difference!  The Busa maneuvers so well on my gravel road, in parking lots, in turns...I'm having a blast, and staying safe...

Thanks to all you guys/gals for all the info on the Busa...I don't have any regrets...you guys have been great!

One more for the road, then I actually have to do some work today...bummer :sad:

VaBusa3.JPG

Back