Concept Police Car

motogp08

Registered
I don't know if you guys are familiar with this yet...but here it is anyway.

Carbon Motors E7 Police Car- Law & Order Machine
Diesel Cop Car Of The Future

By Mike McGlothlin
photographer: Courtesy Of Carbon Motors

14-inch vented front disc brakes and 18-inch steel wheels
Today's relentless rising costs in oil prices have forced many people to seek out more efficient forms of transportation. The result has been an increase in both demand and production of hybrid-gasoline-powered cars for the average civilian's daily commute. But what about our local police cars that drive anywhere from 20 to 300 miles a day? Shouldn't they be fuel-efficient too? Carbon Motors Corporation has designed a police cruiser they claim will be faster, safer, and more fuel-efficient than current fleets. The cruiser, codenamed the E7 (nicknamed "The Machine"), will sit on an aluminum space-frame body structure, and the rear of the car is said to be capable of withstanding 75-mph impacts. It is said to be powered by a 3.0L diesel rated at 320 hp and 420 lb-ft-we speculate it may be a more potent version of the 3.0L CRD Mercedes diesel V6 offered in Jeep Cherokees. With a curb weight of only 4,000 pounds, Carbon Motors claims the E7 will run mid-14-second quarter-mile passes at 98 mph. Fuel economy is said to be around 28-30 mpg in combined city/highway conditions, which is more than double what many cruisers are averaging as we speak. With fuel economy like that, police officers will be better-equipped to do their jobs.

Integrated spotlights on exterior mirrors on an All-aluminum space-frame body.
Integrated emergency lights replace traditional lightbars
3.0L turbocharged diesel engine

Integrated push bumpers offer PIT maneuver capability

police-car-carbon-motors.jpg

0810dp_03_z+carbon_motors_e7_police_car+18_inch_wheels.jpg

0810dp_04_z+carbon_motors_e7_police_car+aluminum_space_frame_body.jpg

I'm not sure what to think.

Its like the new busa was...kinda sexy, kinda ugly, all at the same time. I guess it would probably look a lot better in person.

What do you guys think of this? ???

Seems like a cool idea, and looks cool.

Why does it say gotcha on the front of the last picture ??? He can't catch me :whistle:

The concept is neat.. Municipal fleet vehicles should be powered by powerful and efficient modern turbo-diesels. However, I doubt that a small manufacturer will get major contracts. Odds are that they stick a Benz TDI in a Charger or even a Crown Vic and market that combo.

it def. looks like an older mercedes mixed with a charger or a chrysler 300c...not bad...i feel like the chances of it happenin are slim though...i dont get the suicide doors either

thats pretty slick. I will be in LE within the next year and I wouldn't mind patrolling in that thing

No Police force is going to order a UNKNOWN product for a fleet vehicle.

The suicide doors are actually the best feature on that entire car. Stuffing prisoners in the rear seats of crown vics, impalas, or chargers is such a royal pain. They are small rear seats due to the cages and room constraints. Those doors will make it so much easier to load and unload cuffed passengers. The car is a good idea, and many many agencies already have contracts for purchase of them!

The suicide doors are actually the best feature on that entire car. Stuffing prisoners in the rear seats of crown vics, impalas, or chargers is such a royal pain. They are small rear seats due to the cages and room constraints. Those doors will make it so much easier to load and unload cuffed passengers. The car is a good idea, and many many agencies already have contracts for purchase of them!

The idea is to have to stuff the prisoners in. not suppose to be comfortable:lol:

Be nice to get one of those at an auction, wonder how they will remove the lights?

No Police force is going to order a UNKNOWN product for a fleet vehicle.

you are very correct there. The other thing I did not see was an estimated MSRP. Diesel costs $$, if the price is not in line with other options it will never make it, almost all agencies tend to go with low bidder.

Then you get into repair logistics, who is going to do repair work on these things? Are they backed by one of the big 3? Looks an aweful lot like a Dodge to me. They mention the engine with the likeness of mercedes and jeep, tells me it's most likely a Dodge. That right there would rule it out until proven if I were making any decisions. Oh wait a second, I do make those kind of decisons :laugh:

It does go against the norms of what police forces buy, however, it is built with the patrol officer in mind. Not modified like most other cars. It's purpose built, which could work in it's favor if they can prove that it's all they claim.

Back