Colorado Riders: AMA Superbike May 21-23

Sounds like we have a few riders going. Big Wall do you know if you are in yet or not? I am still planning on going down Friday the 21st, is anyone else planning on going?

Secondly, who is in for the race on the 23rd? I think we should meet in Parker and take Highway 72 down. Highway 285 may be a little too long of a ride. There is a Walgreens on the corner of Lincoln and Parker Rd that is a good place to meet at since you can't miss it.

BusaBoy, where in the springs do you want to meet up with us?

As always the ride is open to non Busa riders, I think we have an SV650, a VFR800 and an FJR1300 coming along as well.

Are there any other Colorado riders that you guys can think of that may not have seen this post yet? I can think of AuroraBusa but I don't remember anyone else in colorado that hasn't responded to the post yet.

So everyone sound off on who is coming on what day(s) and maybe PM your cell phone number to me and I can make a list in case someone gets lost at the race or wants to meet up if they are coming down later in the day.

I will try to plan on it for Friday-I dont work on Fridays!!
Let me put up a sticky note on my monitor
cool.gif
Im not sure if i can get anyone else to come with but i will try.
As the day gets closer,Lets all agree on a place to meet and greet.I can be anywhere in denver in 4 minutes
devil.gif

I live near Quincy and Tower.

I just found out that they are not having practice on Friday. So I am not sure if I want to head down on Saturday to watch practice and qualifying and then head down again the next day.

Aurora, sounds like you could make it to Parker in just a few minutes and that you aren't that far from me since I live at parker and arapahoe.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it yet.

<!--EDIT|Big Wall
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084454728 -->

Waht's up my brothers? Am back in town again, for a little bit anyways! I agree with ya TP, Saturaday and then Sunday might be a bit much. As it sits now, I was planning on Friday and Sunday. Need to spend at least one Weekend day with the wife since I been gone quite a bit recently.

As far as a meeting place down here, I have no clue where 72 is, so you'll have to clue me in a bit. I'm sure we can got somewhere. I am actually about 15 minutes East off of Hwy 24.

So is Friday looking in or not? Just trying to situate the week and see what pans out. I have to be in Denver on Tuesday, and contemplating on riding or not.

Anyways, let me know what you guys are thinking

Later fellas,

1. Recently found out there isn't any practice on Friday this year, so I am planning on only heading down on Sunday for the races
2. Big Wall informed me that 72 is really 83, not sure why I was thinking 72 now that I really think about it.
3. BusaBoy, we can meet you at I-25 and Hwy 24, that is cimarron street isn't it?
4. The only confirmed riders are myself, Big Wall and BusaBoy anyone else coming for sure?
5. Hoping to leave from Parker around 8AM on Sunday so we can get there in time to watch some practice and the first race is at 11.
6. Any other ideas or suggestions for the trip?

Hope to hear from you guys.

yeah....Sunday sounds good here.Still trying to bring more people.I had a nice ride yesterday.hiway 105 from Sedalia to Monument and over to 83 into Parker.Sweet!!

Sounds good to me. I actually know 83! I can meet you guys over by the 83, just let me know where you guys plan on cuttin over to 25. 83 is easy access for me going the back roads from my house, as I'm actually out in Falcon.

Mike Bailey, who met some of you at the motorsports event last weekend, I believe is going to come as well.

Sweet, glad you can make it Aurora. BusaBoy, where is the best place to cut over from 83? I don't remember the name of the road that we cut off from last year. Is it better to stay on 83 or get on I25?

Just depends on how far you want to take the 83. It goea all the way to the Springs. It actually ends on Academy Blvd, right near the 25. Once you get to El Paso County, you can cut over on either County Line Rd (Palmer Divide), the 105 that goes to Monument, or at Interquest Pkwy, which dumps you right on the 25 just North of the Springs as well.

Just an idea, GrandPrix Motorsports is doing a shop ride down on the 23rd (meeting at 0800 at GPMS and probably leaving by 0830.)  I've already made plans to ride down with them (new to the group here), but I think it would be cool to have several 'Busas at the ride.  It's always a big, mixed crowd of bikes with some good backroad routes.  Check out their webiste for the ride info.  Hopefully I'll see a few of you there, if not, then at PPIR.
cool.gif

Also what is the deal with tickets? I have never been to a race
mad.gif
and have not a clue, are we getting them at the track or beforehand? Just did not know if there are specific tickets for specific seats, like a ball game, or just general tickets. Just a dumb
newbie.gif

Just an idea, GrandPrix Motorsports is doing a shop ride down on the 23rd (meeting at 0800 at GPMS and probably leaving by 0830.)  I've already made plans to ride down with them (new to the group here), but I think it would be cool to have several 'Busas at the ride.  It's always a big, mixed crowd of bikes with some good backroad routes.  Check out their webiste for the ride info.  Hopefully I'll see a few of you there, if not, then at PPIR.
cool.gif
Doesn't sound like a bad idea but when you get more than 10 riders in a group it becomes a big clusterf***. I think most of us that are heading down are on the east side of town so this is more convenient. If you want to PM your cell phone number to me we can give you call during the lunch break and figure out a place to do a meet and greet. Hope to see you there.

Also what is the deal with tickets? I have never been to a race
mad.gif
 and have not a clue, are we getting them at the track or beforehand? Just did not know if there are specific tickets for specific seats, like a ball game, or just general tickets. Just a dumb  
newbie.gif
You can get them at the track when we show up but they are $30, they are $25 if you buy them in advance and you can pick them up at the will call. That is what I suggest doing. They have group rates but we need a party of 20 or more. Here is the link to buy tickets online and have them waiting for you Click Here for Tickets

Well I just scored a pair of tickets at the radio station, which include Suite passes and infield passes  
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
 food and a Metzger meet and greet. That rocks! I guess all tickets are GA so I can hang out with you guys as well. Just let me know where you guys are going to cut over to the 25 and I can meet you there!

I Also think that a friend my come with us too that lives in Monument, not far off the 83, however, he has turned to the dark side and gave up his old 1100 gixxer for a Hardley.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaboyCO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084917106 -->

Also looking on the map, it shows that Old Pueblo Rd runs north up into Fountain just east of the 25. Don't know how bad traffic will be on the 25 after the race, but last year I got caught up in the Nascar traffic trying to get back to the Springs and it was absolutely terrible
guns.gif
Just something else to throw out for you guys that are old hands at this.

Sweet BusaBoy, that is awesome that you scored tickets for free.

Traffic on 25 is not too bad but its also not great. There is nowhere near as many people at the AMA races as there would be for the Nascar race. And yeah all the seats are GA so you just pick which part of the racetrack you want to see the most of since you can see the whole track from just about anywhere in the stands.

Sweet, now just need to pick a spot to meet up at and we'll be set. I can meet you guys anywhere, just depends where you metro fellas cut over to the 25. If it's before you get to El Paso County, I'll meet ya at 25 and County Line Rd (El Paso and Douglas) or anywhere on the 83 in El Paso County.

Back