Colorado Riders: AMA Superbike May 21-23

ThunderPants

Donating Member
Registered
The big race day is Sunday the 23rd, practice is on Friday and Saturday. Friday is free for general admission and I think its $5-$10 for a pit pass, which is definitely worth it.

I am going to go down on Friday or Saturday and of course Sunday. I was thinking all of us Denver riders could meet at Park Meadows Mall and take I-25 down, or we could meet in Parker somewhere and take Highway 72 down to the springs. Another alternative is to take the long scenic route down 285 and probably come back up I-25 or 72.

Everyone sound out on what they want to do and who wants to come on what days.

I'm in for Friday and Sunday. I don't care how we get there, but let's stay away from that god damn bike ride this year.

There is a bike ride that goes from Franktown to Palmer Lake that day. They are on the road and don't pay attention to what is coming up behind them. The cops pulled over all the sport bikes and gave us a lecture.

I don't know, what should we do this year?

Trying to get the same get together for AMA in Va.
THREAD JACKER!!!! GET YOUR OWN THREAD!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Just kidding Big Dawg, why don't you come out here for the races and maybe we will head out there, VIR looks like a cool place.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

There is a bike ride that goes from Franktown to Palmer Lake that day.  They are on the road and don't pay attention to what is coming up behind them.  The cops pulled over all the sport bikes and gave us a lecture.

I don't know, what should we do this year?
I think we might be ok with the bicycles this year since the races are a week earlier than last year. I will try and double check that. 72 or 285 sound good to me, you want to meet up with us in the spings somewhere BusaBoy?

Sounds good. Just let me know what, where and when. I'm actually about 20 miles east of the Springs, so whatever way you guys come down, we'll hook up. I think I saw someone mention a back road that kinda paralells the 25 so we could miss a lot of the traffic coming home. I remember last year during one of the races I was coming back from Pueblo when the race let out and it was a freakin nightmare!

I think me and Big Wall are planning on heading down on the 21st and the 23rd. I have another buddy who wants to ride down on his 996 and my dad is thinking about going down one of the days. Would you be in for Friday?

I would be interested in going down on Friday or Sunday....either 25 or 72 works for me. I can meet at Park Meadows.

Also, I sent you all a PM about starting a formal Busa club.

-SN

Hopefully I'll be in town. The way this new position is going, I can't committ with 100% certainty. But If I'm here, I'm in. Friday will be the Truancy ride...
biggrin.gif
I'll know more a little closer to the date.

Just found out I may have to go out of town for family stuff that friday, sat and sun. I may not be able to go!
mad.gif

I'm planning on being in town. In Salt Lake City now and gonna be in Phoenix next week. But hopefully that will be the end of it for a little bit. As long as I'm in town, count me in for Friday, and hopefully Sunday if I don't have to be anywhere on Monday.

Dont say that Big Wall, screw the family this is motorcycle racing!

BusaBoy, sounds like you work for Amex like me based on your traveling. Am I right.

I'm trying to get out of it, but if my wife's grandma comes up from Mexico for this we have to go. It's too important to her not to.

BusaBoy, sounds like you work for Amex like me based on your traveling.  Am I right.
Still with Good Ole Uncle Sam. Joined the Navy when I was 20, got out @ 25, and started working for him again as a civilian @ 27. I just took a different position that makes me go quite a bit more. Next week is more of a training week with some new toys they're letting me have
biggrin.gif
Don't know what these people are thinkin!

Back