Clocked at 153mph... Gotta love the news...

Do you fault the officer for giving you a ticket for speeding as well, because he should have known that your brain doesnt agree with that law... ???

You can try and argue what ever form of backwards logic you want, dragging out laws that are probally older than your grandfather as some form of justification, or that somehow, tickling your mom, is on the same level of silly ludicrousness as crossing a double yellow line and passing a car...

What happens if you decide to split the lane, and spook some old lady in a towncar because you werent supposed to be there, and she swerves and takes you out....

Is it her fault or yours?

At the end of the day, what is being done, is you breaking the law... Its not up to you if its enforced by officers, or looked upon well by the masses, or if it even makes sense...

Would you let a Cager do 153 mph and fly up your butt while your cruising around on your bike? Keep in mind, your average sports car can actually stop faster than your average sport bike.... car ~125 ft 60mph-0(ls2 pontiac gto GM SPEC) vs sport bike ~146ft 60mph-0 (600CC BANDIT sport rider magazine experimental)

Something tells me, if we flipped the cars and bikes in that video, we would all be having a very different conversation right now..

Do I fault the cop? meh... Not really, he is just doing his job, which is, creating revenue for the state so that he can KEEP his job. Will he begrudge me when he comes into the Emergency Room doubled over in pain because of a probable kidney stone and I wait for orders from my ER doctor prior to starting an IV line on him to give him much appreciated narcotic pain medication to reduce his pain? I hope not because the LAW STATES than I cannot start an IV unless ordered by a doctor. :rulez: :thumbsup:

We can both follow the books to the T, it won't hurt me one bit :lol: Anyone that has had a kidney stone knows exactly what I am talking about as well. Most nurses however start the IVL, tell the doctor "Hey, he probably has a kidney stone, you might want to go in there." Then proceed to pull what they know will be given, which of course, is to some extent, bending rules, shall I say. :whistle:

Granted, there are "standing orders" that allow us nurses to work a little more efficiently than sitting around waiting for orders, but.. that's a whole 'nother topic.

My last ticket from a good ol' state trooper was on Thanksgiving Morning, after working 12 hours I was going home, felt good to be on a busy highway with absolutely ZERO traffic, when I come over the crest of a hill and BAM, there he is. 74 in a 60. He was nice, I was nice. Do I consider him a jerk? Meh... No. Was it a BS oppurtunistic ticket? You betcha.

If I pass an old lady and she swerves and hits me, it is my fault.
a) Thou shalt not spook old women, they are dangerous.
b) I don't lane split, I think it's nuts, I haven't had to. IF I DID have to however. Though shalt split lanes only when cars are at a stop. If she swerves and hits me when she was initially stopped, then yes I would be pissed.
c) Thou shalt not go so slow as to allow said old woman's reflexes get the best of you. By the time that old bat figured out what just happened, I will be in a safe zone :laugh:

Lets see here, if I had a Corvette fly up my arse like that, I would feel bad for slowin 'em down. :bowdown: Car or bike, if they are being fairly responsible then no, I wouldn't care. As someone mentioned above, crossing yellow lines in the middle of a blind curve, running wide on a curve, are stupid decisions that generally put someone ELSE in danger. There are PLENTY, and I mean PLENTY, of roads here where
a) There are dashed lines, allowing for safe passing, that I wouldn't pass because I feel it is unsafe
b) Double yellows on a road that is flat, straight, with perfect visibility that have me :banghead:

You are right though, I am using shameful, bad logic. I shouldn't THINK about the laws, but blindly follow them - why? Because Uncle Sam and Congress are ALWAYS RIGHT, ALWAYS FAIR, and ALWAYS JUST. Why, we should all be doing EXACTLY 55MPH on all nationwide highways because it is believed to
a) Save millions of barrels of oil due to increased fuel economy.
b) Prevent accidents caused by HEINOUS speeding.

So lets get away from the archaic laws that are still on the books and find NEW events that leave us feeling swollen with pride... Mind you, the "Blue Laws," as archaic and barbaric as they are, are still enforced....

"Posted on Wednesday, September 9th, 2009 by Danny

Ah, you’ve got to love the ineptitude and inefficiency of government. Seriously, you have to, it’s the law.

Police in Louisiana are no longer using their speed cameras because it kept pulling over a government vehicle, according to TheNewspaper.com.

Specifically, the camera kept giving tickets to the speed camera van and eventually had its ticket overturned by the local police. Where I come from, that’s called not setting a good example…and I’m from Louisiana.

Eventually the local government gave up on the project because of “a recent series of events.†They didn’t say how recent."

Maybe this is one that we should adamantly follow:

"Posted by Danny on August 23, 2009
Adoption is the most noble and selfless thing a human being can do. Taking someone who desperately needs to be loved in the most innocent person is, in my mind, the greatest expression of love in this cold universe.

So why, according to TIME, do some states have a law forbidding atheists from adopting?"

I can go at this all day :lol:
Stop asking what is right or wrong, but ask WHY something is right or wrong.

Weren't you taught as a child not to ask why???:poke:

Agreed though. People want to complain about speeding. I would really like to see the statistics of the number of accidents on the autoban. No speed limit...busa's dream come true....

---------------------------------------
In 1999, after 4 years of no numerical or posted daytime speed limit on these classifications of highways, outside of urban areas, Montana recorded its lowest fatality rate.

Research scientists and engineers have long known that there are sometimes unexpected results from changes in public policies. Ironically, the paradox of no posted speed limits and low fatalities is no surprise to the traffic safety engineering community.

For years, motorists' advocates have used engineering-based facts against artificially low speed limits. They have claimed that by raising speed limits to reasonable levels, accident and fatality rates will actually be reduced. This seemingly wild assertion has been documented by the traffic engineering profession for 50 plus years. This fact-based position has again been proven to be true by the repeal of the National Speed Limit. The nation has recorded the lowest highway fatality rate since such records have been kept.

What about the extreme of No Speed Limits on 4 lane Interstate and rural federal-aid primary two lane highways? These same fact-based engineers point to the German Autobahn, where, with no speed limits, authorities are consistently reporting lower fatality rates than comparable US highways.
---------------------------------------------

Here is something that I found doing a quick search on google. How do explain speeding is bad now???

As far as I can tell, speed limits on highways or interstates, is not for public safety. Its so the government can make money... I bet ya if you were to pull up the statistics on a highway or interstate near you and see what causes the most accident. Speeding would not be the direct cause of it. Hell I can't even remember the last time speeding cause an accident on highway and interstate near me....

bottom line is this... its unsafe and wrong. period. That said, many of us, and i mean many of us do this sort of thing. myself included. You take the risk and the responsibility for what happens.

153 MPH ?:laugh:
He was either ignorant that his busa was a 6 speed and he was stuck in 3rd gear,,,,Or ,,he had just blew past a 1400 ninji and was slowing down to giv the poor bloke a chance..:rofl:
My hayabusa maintenance takes me all weekend to do,,,,I have to paint the bike every weekend ,, Because its so quick, that everytime I hit 2nd gear,the paint slides back 6 inches,,,and Ispent 2 hours with a coat hanger . Just to clean out all those ninji 1400's out of my exhaust !

I can't believe how one sided that news story is and how that news station could have let that segment air. I too would like to know what the statistics are from the amount of vehicle accidents during that same time period. They need to redo that segment and add in all the information that they missed. I would like to know how many of those accidents were caused by cars going to slow or crossing over the double line and into oncoming traffic.

The major problem with news stories like this is that they do not make the select few riders who are breaking the law ride safer, instead they cause a massive amount of hate towards riders from cagers. It just pours fuel on the fire so to speak...

The idea that "I will break the laws I don't agree with" is very big inside prisons. Some of you do not get it. State laws will be passed that will make riding a fairly sedate activity. Those who believe in breaking the law will be the first to ***** about it and sell thier bike, moving to a new hobby. All of the other bikers who can obey the law will get the shaft.
It is happening now. If for any reason your front tire leaves the ground, even if it is an inch, you get slammed hard in Florida. If your caught going over I think it is 30 over the limit, you get slammed hard. $1000 tickets, bikes impounded etc.

Why are these extreme laws put into place? Because so many riders are speeding all the time and doing illegal acts, such as crossing on double yellows etc. The BIG LIE is it is just a few making a bad name for everyone else. On every motorcycle board I visit, speeding, and all types of illegal riding is condoned and approved of by most of the members. Well, the laws will cripple the bikers abilities to have some fun in the future. Get ready for 125HP limits, top speeds limited to 125mph etc. It is happening in different countries and will continue. So think before you break the laws. You leave a legacy for the next generations of bikers.......will it be a good legacy or a bad one?

I don't agree with being reckless, but I think the majority of speed limits are BS. Down here in Mobile we have a 7 mi interstate bridge. It's actually 1 bridge going one way with 2 lanes. And another bridge going the other way with 2 lanes. They recently installed digital speed signs that they change whenever they want. It used to be 65 or 75, cant remember, and people would go 80. Now it might be rush hour traffic with a 65 speed limit, and late at night they will change it to 55mph, knowing that people are still going to go the same 75-80 they always have. It makes it easier to give tickets.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm cruising around in my car at 55mph I'm way more relaxed and easier to get distracted. When I'm going 75-90, I'm way more cautious because I have to be more attentive to whats going on around me. I think this is the case for most people and this is how accidents happen. People just cruising with the flow of traffic, texting, messing with radio, doing whatever. I mean they're going the speed limit so what's wrong with that? Then BAM!!

There are laws everywhere, that someone technically breaks, that others would not. Those on here that don't agree with going over posted limits are sure to have broken some other law that they probably thought was ok. Not using blinker, failure to completely stop at a stop sign, etc..

I know when & where I can speed. I speed. I'm not wreckless, I don't split lanes, but I will haul ass at times.

It's all in the eye of the beholder..

Last edited:
bottom line is this... its unsafe and wrong. period. That said, many of us, and i mean many of us do this sort of thing. myself included. You take the risk and the responsibility for what happens.

Amen. Combine bad judgement, excessive speed and inability to control with the reaction of some poor sap in a car, minivan or whatever vehicle of your choice and you have a big mess.

I have seen lots of "dirty riding" as of late, it happens every year with a new crop of squids just starting out & some seasoned idiots who just haven't been killed or maimed yet.

Speed limits are just that, not benchmark suggestions for certain individuals.
If I remember correctly, a driver's license and the operation of a motor vehicle/motorcycle on public roads is a privilege not a right.

Why threaten or risk the lives of others on the road, go be an asshat at the track.
Oh my bad, the track has rules of engagement also...For good reason.

"Funny how it said the lady was a victim when it looked like she pulled out in front of the bikes. "

I remember that accident well, it was just a few miles from my house. According to the news, and leo, the two just purchased Busa's were running from a State Trooper, and went to pass this woman while she was turning left. It was a no passing, double yellow line zone. No left turn lane at that time. Bad for everyone.

The recent Memorial day crackdown revealed some interesting stats. The Dahlonega Nugget paper said they had 50 law enforcement vehicles (3 counties & state troopers combined) in the mountains that weekend, plus the State helicopter. They wrote 94 tickets that day, but only 9 were to motorcycles! But that doesn't make the TV news. I'm glad I chose not to ride that weekend.
The county leo's won't pursue aggressivly, and tend to be more lenient, but the State Troopers are hell bent to get you. Their hemi Chargers are a whole lot faster than the counties old Crown Vics!
I've been so very lucky, only one warning ticket so far, and I'm knocking on wood!

:rofl:

Same thing over here...
There are roads near where I live that is perfect for driving motorcycles
so everybody does... Go to Youtube and search for "Bulten" and you'll see.. :laugh: Some speed like freaking crazy and some die..
As they said in the show, it's the inexperienced guys & gals that drives over the ability that causes the most crashes and the ones that are fatal..

The police know that everyone is driving there and what days/times so sometimes they put up a radara/laser trap but that oonly works for about 30 minutes then we start to get warnings from the other bikers and everybody slows down.

But, we've got a pretty strong motorcyclist organisation here in Sweden that actually is involved in law making and designing the roads. Right now the roadcontructors for example can't build a new road without making it safe for bikers.. They gotten the statistics for all the accidents involving bikers and in 67% of all the crashes the car/truck/what ever is actually the one responsible for the accident..
They've also found that bikers that drives cars actually is involved in less accidents than the average motorist without a bike..
The reason for this is 'cause the biker reads the other motorists intentions better 'cause it's used daily to actually save the bikers life when he's on a bike..

However, it's hard to argue against the law, especially the law of nature... speed kills (or the sudden stop) it's a fact..
Why do we do it then? 'Cause it's so d@mn fun and we're all a bit of adrenaline junkies..

My .02

ever notice the people that cant do something hate it and bash it. you damm news geeks sorry I played hockey and football while you were retapping your glasses.

I don't agree with being reckless, but I think the majority of speed limits are BS. Down here in Mobile we have a 7 mi interstate bridge. It's actually 1 bridge going one way with 2 lanes. And another bridge going the other way with 2 lanes. They recently installed digital speed signs that they change whenever they want. It used to be 65 or 75, cant remember, and people would go 80. Now it might be rush hour traffic with a 65 speed limit, and late at night they will change it to 55mph, knowing that people are still going to go the same 75-80 they always have. It makes it easier to give tickets.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I'm cruising around in my car at 55mph I'm way more relaxed and easier to get distracted. When I'm going 75-90, I'm way more cautious because I have to be more attentive to whats going on around me. I think this is the case for most people and this is how accidents happen. People just cruising with the flow of traffic, texting, messing with radio, doing whatever. I mean they're going the speed limit so what's wrong with that? Then BAM!!

There are laws everywhere, that someone technically breaks, that others would not. Those on here that don't agree with going over posted limits are sure to have broken some other law that they probably thought was ok. Not using blinker, failure to completely stop at a stop sign, etc..

I know when & where I can speed. I speed. I'm not wreckless, I don't split lanes, but I will haul ass at times.

It's all in the eye of the beholder..

+1000, BTW you are entirely correct and statistics correlate with what you said.

The idea that "I will break the laws I don't agree with" is very big inside prisons.

Wow, we're leaping bridges here aren't we? You are not entirely incorrect, I think folks in jail for drugs is a gigantic waist of tax payer dollars, which could be creating revenue for the country instead....but that is another topic :whistle:

Some of you do not get it. State laws will be passed that will make riding a fairly sedate activity. Those who believe in breaking the law will be the first to ***** about it and sell thier bike, moving to a new hobby. All of the other bikers who can obey the law will get the shaft.
It is happening now. If for any reason your front tire leaves the ground, even if it is an inch, you get slammed hard in Florida. If your caught going over I think it is 30 over the limit, you get slammed hard. $1000 tickets, bikes impounded etc.

??? You seem to contradict yourself here, I don't understand what you are getting at. If your front tire leaves the ground, in any state, that is considered an "exhibition of speed," therefore is illegal. If your front tire leaves the ground, you are trying to haul arse, therefore you ARE performing an illegal activity... ??? That doesn't just "accidently" happen, maybe accidentally on purpose?

What I seem to get from you here is this, and I don't mean to be disrespectful. What you are saying is that you are mad that you cannot pop a wheelie and get away with it because too many "squids" have done so before you and therefore you will be punished for doing exactly what you are criticizing?

Again, 65 in a 35, 75 in a 45, 30mph over the speed limit doesn't happen on accident, why would you expect fines to be lax on said violations??

Why are these extreme laws put into place? Because so many riders are speeding all the time and doing illegal acts, such as crossing on double yellows etc. The BIG LIE is it is just a few making a bad name for everyone else. On every motorcycle board I visit, speeding, and all types of illegal riding is condoned and approved of by most of the members. Well, the laws will cripple the bikers abilities to have some fun in the future. Get ready for 125HP limits, top speeds limited to 125mph etc. It is happening in different countries and will continue.

These extreme laws are placed because THEY ARE the exceptions to the rule. People don't freak out over the norm, they freak out over the exceptions. Example, EVERYONE is being ticketed by photo-enforced radar systems, EVERYONE is up in arms over these BS systems, these systems are being repealed all over the world.

Think about this before you get all "high and mighty on everyone." Think about how many people on this board have a sportbike. Now, think about each and every single member here twisting that throttle once - In the public's and many individual's perspective - We just contributed to that stereotype of every sportbike rider being "a dumb squid." Why? Because we all look alike, we wear our gear, our full-face helmets, we get on our brand new bike and we give it a little extra gas. Now, to joe public, he just seen sportbike after sportbike fly down the road like a dumb squid, even if it was that riders VERY FIRST twist of the wrist. Joe public has seen that action a dozen times. Now, how do we justify our OWN actions. The exact same way, well, I have only done it once, it is Joe racer next door that speeds all the time and acts insane... :whistle:

The latter half of your "what ifs." If you obey the speed limit, don't break laws, don't speed. Who cares if they regulate our bikes to 125hp? Who cares if they govern them to 125mph? What's the difference if they govern it to 125mph versus 186? It is still governed, no speed limit ON EARTH is 125mph or greater? That is like placing a salary cap of one google, who cares? Who is gonna achieve it?

So think before you break the laws. You leave a legacy for the next generations of bikers.......will it be a good legacy or a bad one?

:drama:

Food for thought....

Speeding Ticket Facts
Interesting speeding ticket facts & statistics you don't see everyday.
By Barbara Fortin

Over 100,000 people a day receive a speeding ticket in this country.

That's over 41,000,0000 speeding tickets per year.

One in every 6 drivers will get a speeding ticket this year.

The average speeding ticket costs $150.00.

41,000,000 x 150.00 = $6,150,000,000 That's over 6 BILLION dollars per year in speeding ticket fines alone.

The average raise in insurance costs for one speeding ticket over the course of 3 years is $900.00.

Multiply 900 by 41,000,000 and you get $36,900,000,000 (36.9 BILLION dollars) in extra insurance money the insurance industry makes in a single year just from speeding tickets.

Over 95% of people who receive a speeding ticket never contest it and just pay the fine.

The average traffic cop will cost a city about $75,000 per year in salary, bonuses, and benefits. This same police officer will make the city an average of $200,000 per year in traffic ticket fines! That's one hell of a profit margin.

Are we ticketed for safety??

Are We Ticketed for Safety?

Speed Kills.... Or does it??

Speed Kills! Or Does It?

If your too lazy to click, a great point of the article:

For instance, did you know...

•Police cite fatigue and alcohol as the major cause of accidents on the highway today.
•Only about 15% of fatal collisions occur on the highway.
•Roughly 70% of drivers involved in fatal accidents have drugs or alcohol in their system.
•2/3 of all fatal accidents occur at or below the speed limit.
•The slowest 5% of all drivers on the highways accounted for a larger percentage of all accidents.
And for the biggest surprise...

The same study showed that the motorists with the lowest accident rates are those who typically travel at speeds anywhere from 8 to 12 mph OVER the posted speed limit!

Many speed limits set too low | detnews.com | The Detroit News

And as Good Ol' Ben Franklin is attributed to saying:

Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.

Just follow the money, that is why we have our speed limits...

Use common sense, a little respect, that is all that is necessary when operating a motor vehicle..

:thumbsup:

Some of my replies are within the dark quote boxes and I'm to lazy to try and fix it. I'm retyping this because IE keeps crashing.. :banghead:

Back