Chinese Pazzo Imitation Clutch and Brake Levers Installed

500 miles later and im still loving the levers. I like them much more than the stockers and the adjustability is much much better than stock. I still recommend them :thumbsup:

It started at post 61. Sometimes people just make me want to hit them in the nose.

Haha! I think a few posts earlier actually. I never understand why people like to come in to threads and try to change peoples opinions based on their non-experience with a given product. Whether it's oil, TIRES, levers, widgets...

I am a little disappointed that the "powers that be" don't try and put a stop to his crap. Opinions are one thing(just state it and move on), becoming arrogant and/or pompous towards someone with a different opinion is just plain hating. Everyone has different budget levels and financial responsibilities and that has to come into play too! I think the OP found an acceptable product, it will work for him, and others, whatever. We have gear police, accessory police, grammar police, geez, give it a rest.

I am about ready to use the ignore button to avoid even reading such highly opinionated crap.

OK, so some of you need to step away from the internet metallurgy...

The yield strength on 6061 T6 aluminum is ~250 mpa...

EVEN IF the levers are cast, and had significant amounts of hydrogen sucked into them, which can happen... your talking about a reduction of strength to around ~200 mpa at worst...

NOW... that means, if these chinese knock offs are failing, they are either NOT being heat treated and precipitation hardened correctly.. which in that case makes them untempered 6061 which is significantly weaker... OR they are not 6061 aluminum AT ALL...

the tempering is the more likely fault, as it is possible to screw this up, and end up with a piece of junk, still labled as T6061 aluminum....

SO, here is what I am going to do...

im going to buy a set of the 20 what ever dollar chinese knock offs, chop them up, and take them into the lab...

i'm going to toss them into the SEM, and do a full analysis and see what comes out...

I ALSO will do hardness testing on them...

either they come out to be the same as standard 6061-T6 and they are as "strong" as the other pieces, excluding any parts attached... or they come out as slag...

NOW, if someone has a broken pazzo, or would like to donate a pazzo to me to test i would HAPPILY run that one as well, to give us a comparison...

The SEM tests are destructive, so the lever would be dead after i was done...

i could however do hardness tests on the lever that would not be destructive...

PM Me if you have levers to donate, again, broken ones are fine as i'll be chopping them up anyhow for SEM...

argument done... :welcome:

This will be awesome....thanks for volunteering "your" equipment. Pictures will be great too!

Boy oh boy,i cant believe i really went through every post in this thread.Its so interesting,i myself are also tempted to get one set but the foldable ones instead.Now we got to wait patiently for Goatkart results and reviews.

I just got mine today. One was missin a lock nut so I just got one from the hardware store for 60¢. M5 80 pitch

As ive said the craze lately about these things is amazing. Im getting very tempted to try them out.:whistle:

Mine finally got here! so I just had to install them.... lol
2011-03-06205151.jpg

2011-03-06205239.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

Back