China Fairings?

Looks good so far. :thumbsup: But no where do I see you mention about having them send you another hump. Just asking because the one you evidentally got sent is not finished with paint/graphics. The number plate should be completely outlined like this below. Not trying to rain on your parade but wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not. :dunno:

thanks for the info, I wasn't aware, but it did look a bit abrupt.. I'll contact the seller.

BTW, I have access to a very good powder coater shop who can also do ceramic coating. I've had them do some work on my turbo car in the past....

Anyone have a clue what the EGT are from a gen1 busa is? And what it might drop to if a Ti exhaust was coated? I'm wondering if that's an easier solution to heat shielding everything.

damn. forum won't let my edit my previous post.

I think what I'll do is order some thermal material online. While it ships, I'll take the headers/exhaust down to get it ceramic coated (silver). When everything is done, I'll assemble using the aluminum bracket suggestion, covered with thermal insulation.

it looks like the ceramic coating will drop temps by around 50F. Not sure if that's significant enough to warrant it though.

Looks good so far. :thumbsup: But no where do I see you mention about having them send you another hump. Just asking because the one you evidentally got sent is not finished with paint/graphics. The number plate should be completely outlined like this below. Not trying to rain on your parade but wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not. :dunno:

They're telling me now that the auction I won, didn't show the sides of the rear seat cowl, so they're not looking inclined to supplying one:

"The manufacturer make the fairing based on the listing photo. From our listing photo, there is no graphic on the seat cowl in this listing. Please double check."

The only photo on the auction:

Suzuki130097-07TankPS1.jpg

Given that my tank cover came in cracked, the edges of the fairings weren't clear coated properly, and the rear hump was not painted to match the kit, I am a little on the sour side of my experience with them. However given what I paid, I think it's high enough quality overall and I don't feel bad about the purchase.

In case no one has mentioned it before, the fairing plastic isn't the same as the OEM plastic. It's a bit thinner, doesn't flex as much, and feels more brittle. The black non fairing plastic supplied with the kit is the other way around -- softer and flexes much more than the OEM. This is undesirable for areas like the oil cooler shroud since it supports the underside of the side fairings.

Thanks for the input. Will NOT be going with them. I really like the OEM orange and i want to keep it that way. Going to have to break down and get them directly from Suzuki.

OK here's the area that I have issue with...

the bottom of the side fairings are touching the exhaust. I have a full Ti ak race exhaust, so maybe the shape isn't exactly like oem. Regardless, the fairings CANNOT fit the way they were designed. I cannot move them into place, and even if I could, they'd be directly touching the exhaust!

Anyone have a solution? Far as I can tell, the only option is to cut off that part of the fairing.

i got the same full akra pipe on my 01 and with the oem plastics the belly wing will not fit either. i was thinking of cutting the stepped lip that slides under the side panels
and then making a thin plastic or aluminum plate to hold it together from the bottom. you can get a stainless flat nut and bolt kit that have two deep threads then just cut the bolt flush and use a thin lock washer for good measure. i think they are for furniture fab.

Those are nice.I may order a set and save some money.I like the skull design.How is the fit and feel of these??How does hat tank cover look when installed??

i got the same full akra pipe on my 01 and with the oem plastics the belly wing will not fit either. i was thinking of cutting the stepped lip that slides under the side panels
and then making a thin plastic or aluminum plate to hold it together from the bottom. you can get a stainless flat nut and bolt kit that have two deep threads then just cut the bolt flush and use a thin lock washer for good measure. i think they are for furniture fab.

I ended up buying a thin alumn plate from lowes, cutting it with a scissors to shape, then drilling holes and mounting it using bolts i had sitting around. I made sure to wrap the rear side of everything with heat shielding. Looks great now.

I talked to theyre rep and they say I can have them painted i any color I want as long as they can mix it.I want a candy cobalt blue.If they can do it, that would be far cheaper than a paint job here.

Back