China Fairings?

Did they come with heat shield installed on the back of the side fairings? I know some had trouble with melting. So far it's looking good.

Here's my china kit purchased back in Feb. I haven't put it on the bike yet, though I have test fitted the nose and left side fairing with no issues. However, the belly wing wasn't paint and the windshield did not fit. I had to go rounds with these clowns insisting the part was suppose to be painted. There photo showed it as a painted part as well.I contacted ebay and got it sort. Bliss Star finally refunded me $100 and sent me a painted under belly wing. $300 for a full body kit, not bad.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=234103&stc=1&d=1319834625

DSC03061.jpg

Quick pic of where I'm at tonight... I'll take better photos tomorrow. The only issue I ran into is the underside of the side fairings... they meet in the center, and there is a rear difuser thing that attaches. There isn't enough space to connect them properly. It might be because of my aftermarket full exhaust. I can't leave it the way it is currently as the fairings will melt from touching the exhaust. Will take photos of what I'm talking about tomorrow too.

Note: Only the first photo is color corrected. The other two are off due to florescent light, and I'm too lazy to fix.

installed.jpg

_MG_1705.jpg

_MG_1706.jpg

OK here's the area that I have issue with...

the bottom of the side fairings are touching the exhaust. I have a full Ti ak race exhaust, so maybe the shape isn't exactly like oem. Regardless, the fairings CANNOT fit the way they were designed. I cannot move them into place, and even if I could, they'd be directly touching the exhaust!

Anyone have a solution? Far as I can tell, the only option is to cut off that part of the fairing.

fairingissue1.jpg

fairingissue2.jpg

Lowes! Only place I found that has insulated reflective foil tape. The roll I found is about 8 inches wide 1/16 thick and maybe 8 feet long so you have lots to work with. I will take a pic of it and post it...

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the foil tape
uploadfromtaptalk1319918913524.jpg
I would double it up in your case... BTW nice looking bike

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1319918913524.jpg

How does the tank cover fit?

This might be a great option when I get back to fix my spill I had last year. Two paint jobs already in eight years is too much bother.

Have you tried to adjust the exhaust? Some exhausts can to be a pain to install. People use to complain some hit the plastics while others had to issues with the same exhaust.

Or how about a piece of hard plastic or aluminum as an insert to relocate the holes and push the plastics outward a bit away from the exhaust?

How does the tank cover fit?

Better than I expected. It has 4 mounting points, two at the front (release point) and one on each side where there is a black plastic bumper. Together they hold it in place tightly. It isn't 100% seemless because the fuel lid area isn't completely flush. Buying an aftermarket fuel lid CF sticker might raise it enough to look better.

Or how about a piece of hard plastic or aluminum as an insert to relocate the holes and push the plastics outward a bit away from the exhaust?

Do you think aluminum would pass enough heat to the plastics it was mounted on?

Have you tried to adjust the exhaust? Some exhausts can to be a pain to install. People use to complain some hit the plastics while others had to issues with the same exhaust.

The headers seem to have no adjustment. And the exhaust mount point doesn't seem to have any way to adjust either. So if there's a way to alter it's location (towards the top of the bike away from the fairings) I don't know how to do it.

Plus, after looking at the photo, moving the pipes upward, would also change the angle of the exhaust..

234164d1319910516-china-fairings-fairingissue1.jpg

Probably not. you could put a small roll or crease in the piece for a bit more clearance. I would keep it no closer than 1/4 of an inch from the pipe if possible.
Maybe cover the inside with heat tape as well.

Looks good so far. :thumbsup: But no where do I see you mention about having them send you another hump. Just asking because the one you evidentally got sent is not finished with paint/graphics. The number plate should be completely outlined like this below. Not trying to rain on your parade but wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not. :dunno:

And as far as the bottom you have there touching exhaust, get you a piece of aluminum like 1/8" X 1/2" X4-5" from lowes in the hardware section if you don't have any and make you a L bracket. Stick it up under there and adjust the length of it so where it will push down/hold fairings away from exhaust. And there will be a bolt or hole right there in the middle where you can drill a hole in bracket and mount it to proper length you need it to hold fairings away. I'd say you will need at least a 1/4" clearance between fairing and exhaust, if not they will melt even with heat tape on them.

S139607027G.jpg

Back