CHECK THIS OUT--New BMW

I guess you're saying the beemer is 3rd rate and the busa is 2nd rate,and the 14 is the best because the engine is so damn smooth...OOOPPS there I go again thinking like a mechanic again..must be from all those years wrenching and loving a silky smooth engine at all and any rpm.

Uh no...I consider both busas and the 14 as tier 1 performers.
I just think the 14 being a decade newer technology wise
is an "overall" better bike over the gen 1.
It has a smoother engine, a much better tranny and way way
better brakes...BUT, it does not have the low end grunt
of which I am addicted to, of my gen 1 or the looks. :bowdown:

Bear in mind I paid 11 grand otd new for my '06
that is where I take issue to paying 5, 6, 7 grand MORE
for a bike that is less. :banghead:

If the beemer were a little more competitively priced I could
overlook a few less ponies. Kinda reminds me of Harley...

Thanks for the photos Tim, I like the 1200...after watching "Long Way Down" I'm working on the wife to get the 1200 Adventure....I have this wierd desire to ride the AlCan Hwy and go to the Artic circle. (no, I'm not taking the Busa!) Hope everything's fine with you. Doyle

who would want to hang out with the beamer owners group? (BOG) Have you ever been around them?

:rofl:

nazi.jpg

I just thought it was interesteing that BMW was "updating" the "S" for 2009. Interesting bike, but I'm not ready to trade my K8! Even if the "S" doesn't reach the performance level of the 'busa, I just can't justify the extra $$$. guess I'll just have to take one for a test ride.

Me, I'am looking at doing a 4 corners ride in 2 or 3 years. So, I'am looking at the Concours:whistle:. Beats the BMW, Hondas and my old trusty Duc on all counts. And doing 500 miles a day for 20 to 22 straight days, means fooooooooooore thought :thumbsup:!

I guess you're saying the beemer is 3rd rate and the busa is 2nd rate,and the 14 is the best because the engine is so damn smooth...OOOPPS there I go again thinking like a mechanic again..must be from all those years wrenching and loving a silky smooth engine at all and any rpm.
What he meant to say is the 14 (especially the early years with flies out) is an overall better bike than a first OR 2nd gen busa. And the beemers might be as well. Both the busa's are geared more towards big gsxr's..good for some, not so good for others. Personally if I wanted a gixxer, I'd buy one as a second bike. I've actually worked to make my busa MORE comfy :laugh::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Im not trying to start a argument but my 08 busa is smooth as silk. I cant see that a BMW is the kind of bike that a busa rider would be interested in. If you like that type of bike then a busa is the wrong bike for you.

My original thought was a Busa rip off. 175 HP and 103 Ft/Lbs. is all over the Busa. That might be crank vs. RW. Pashnit didn't think much of it performance wise.

I don't know about the ZX 14. It's the Busa that still rules around here. You can't find a new Busa on the floor of a dealership. I had to order my K8 and I wasn't promised I'd get one by the dealer. They had sold their 40 alotted by zuki for '08 :thumbsup:

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I have one of each. I like the beamer for the comfort power combination. Sure it is not as fast as the busa, but I can ride all day even mountain carve and when I get off of it nothing hurts. It's getting a littlte chilly here in San Diego and most of my riding buddies are taliking about which winter riding gloves to get. Haaa. I can use my summer gloves, uhmm heated hand grips. ABS. My suspension is adjusted automaticly depending on my riding, terrain, type speed/environment and there is Tire Pressure Monitoring. No biggie. Honestly I like the busa best. But sometimes I feel like a nut ( on the busa ), and sometimes I don't ( on the BMW it is easier to obey traffic laws). One big thing I noticed, no matter how gentle I ride the bimmer, the busa still gets way better gas milage even when ridden hard.
Johnny

0307081513a.jpg

Back