Ceramic Wheel Bearing Comparison to Steel...

I have seen far to many aftermarket parts that are sold simply on the basis that they are better because... Ceramic bearings are in this group for me.

I'm glad that there are people that have plenty of money to spend, it helps keep the economy rolling along.
friction slows anything down period! it aint rocket science.... less friction means less hp to move it. may be small and not worth it to YOU but once one has done everything else to their bike u look for small things to make the bike faster like less friction and less weight thru out the bike.....

so because its a small improvement that you can't afford or don't want to afford that means no one else shud take the advantage of it? hey if ur too cheap or too poor to afford them then so be it but to state it has no performance advantage is just ignorant!

Reactions: c10
friction slows anything down period! it aint rocket science.... less friction means less hp to move it. may be small and not worth it to YOU but once one has done everything else to their bike u look for small things to make the bike faster like less friction and less weight thru out the bike.....

so because its a small improvement that you can't afford or don't want to afford that means no one else shud take the advantage of it? hey if ur too cheap or too poor to afford them then so be it but to state it has no performance advantage is just ignorant!

Ok GNB, you seem really committed to this argument. What value have you gotten from ceramic bearings and why is the presumably small performance increase justifiable in your world?

Ok GNB, you seem really committed to this argument. What value have you gotten from ceramic bearings and why is the presumably small performance increase justifiable in your world?

Did you miss were I said oem vs ceramic life ? All 5
Oem bearings are about 180 bucks . with 3 times life you could save $ / labor / time . Yes I intend to put that many miles on my Bird . Onec you get to push a bike with them , and then push same model bike you see/feel the difference.

All 5 steel OEM Bearings or all 5 ceramic bearings are $180? I thought the ceramic bearings are like $500-$600. For $180 bucks who cares? People put thousands of $$$ in totally aesthetic crap on bikes all the time, so what's the fuss that's been going on now for years in this thread? Lol!

Ceramic will cost you around $400. If they last 3-5 times longer then they are worth it. Given you plan on keeping your bike long enough that you would have to change them that many times. Also worth it if your looking for that little bit of performance.

As arch said how many people have spent thousands on bling.

put em in ur bike and roll ur bike around ur garage and u will see instantly how easily the bike moves. and thats from just pushing it! hey I've done everything one can do to a bike and that was the last thing I did.

wudnt have been my first mod but the roll resistance from moving my buddies bike with steel bearings vs mine is nite and day. he said the same thing if the bike moves that much easier in the garage then it obviously has a benefit when ur riding on the road.

and yea the amount of money ppl spend on bling wudnt even scratch the surface of wat these cost lol

Back