Captain got a job

it must of been frustrating to be out of work for that length of time. glad you stuck it out and have a job that you like. :beerchug:

Man what a response, thanks folks for the support... We live pretty light, all of our bills are paid, cars have 170,000 miles on them but they run and they are paid. We have been saving money for years and we tapped into those funds pretty heavily but came out well. Even in our darkest days they were still pretty good, I just don't know how people without family or many friends are able to get through it... It has been a tough time on me just because I have been so willing to work but no one would hire me... I tried manual labor, all sorts of other professions I have dabbled in and no telling how many hundreds of IT or technical positions....

Im just glad that part is over and I can get back to work.... The only sad part of my body about getting this job is that the Man Trips are on hold and no bash this year....

Again, thank you all for the kind words and well wishes... At times over the past 18 months this place kept me busy and something to do... You will never hear me say again I wish someone would get into an argument..... :)

The best post in this thread though is the reference to the Golden Arches, How did you fnid out? :cheerleader:

I have interviewed with 11 people in 5 interviews....

Congrats Doug!

My brother has been in the same boat, going on 12 months out of work, highly-educated, got his MBA & can't find something. He tells the same story about doing interviews (with same company) and making it through 3-4 rounds then no good news.

Doug, since you can't make it to the Bash this year hopefully you can make it to Eureka Springs this year. It wouldn't be the same without you. :thumbsup:

Congrats Doug!

My brother has been in the same boat, going on 12 months out of work, highly-educated, got his MBA & can't find something. He tells the same story about doing interviews (with same company) and making it through 3-4 rounds then no good news.

I can only speak to the OKC area but here was my problem...

A. I have worked at some very large companies and unfortunately in this instance my resume looks really good.
B. Businesses are't hiring professional CIO's or any executive positions equal to what my resume shows.
C. Companies will not hire a professional with experience or a higher pay for a low paying job. Lord knows I applied for the most entry level positions in hundreds of companies. I was flat told I was over qualified and that they would not hire me because they knew I would not stay there...

It just took thousands of resumes and finally one stuck... It took 7 months from the first interview to the date I was extended an offer....

For those out there unemployed the best advice I can give is to stay busy, get up out of bed and do something... I volunteered at my local church and we completely changed the IT systems from servers to switches to wireless to desktops... They needed the work and I needed something to do. It also kept me using my mind and keeping up on new operating systems and changes... I also found a couple of small businesses and offered them free services so that I could keep up on my IT skills and to keep me busy... In the end they made a great referral if I had needed them and they were so grateful they paid me anyway....

Oh yeah, lots of prayer...

If someone needs to talk about their situation please let me know and I will call you...

Back