Calling all military Busa's

I know this is old stuff but I ended up enlisting in the Air Force Reserve.  Seems like the joining process is never ending.  MEPS, birth certificate, ID, fingerprints.. Physical, ASVAB test... Blah   My job will be: Vehicle Body Maintenance.  Body panels, welding frames, bondo, painting etc.  

I dont leave for BMT until Feb. 16 so I guess I have a while before I get shipped out to Texas.. After BMT Im getting shipped to Tech school so that pretty much takes up all of next summer.
wink.gif
 So for now I am just working on getting in shape and ready for BMT and everything that lies ahead..    
muscle.gif

<!--EDIT|quazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070015514 -->

Hey, Fuego...good luck with your training dude! Four years USMC, Air Trafffic Controller. If your coming to Texas, I'm sure you will fly into Midland International Airport before long. Let me know, I work there. We could meet up!
beerchug.gif

Did 3 years of service in the Canadian Armed Forces as an infantryman. Two years in our Hastings & Prince Edward Regiment then 1 year in our Airborne Regiment before it was disbanded following a controversy in Somalia. Only did 1 real mission in Central America and left the armed forces before we were dispatched to Desert Storm with our American friends. Speaking of American friends - I wish our military had the budget you guys do !! You guys have some kick ass toys !!!
wink.gif

Good grief this thread just made me realize that I have been out of the Air Force for 25 years.
wow.gif

I worked Bomb/Nav on Buffs (B52's) when I was in.  Got out finished my degree and then went to RAF Greenham Commons for 6 years working on Ground Lanuched Cruise Missiles.  Being a contractor overseas for the Air Force was a great experience.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|CruiseBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070040182 -->

Good luck to you!

Dang I'm getting old ... retired air force ... telecommunications ... served 20 years and 8 days 1976 - 1996 ... and a great career it was too!

Hey Fuego, I spent 22 years in the Marine Corps. Most of my time was with various combat units. But my last unit was a Marine F4 Phantom Squadron. I had a lot of fun with those guys. I was not a flyier, but the attitude in the air wing evolves around the the airplanes. Aviators definately understand the importance of what they do, and believe me, they enjoy doing it. Best wishes, and good luck.

Active Air Force here, work on those big C5's that take anything and everything to the desert. Been in for 10yrs and 10 togo. For the young man going to basic training, good luck, I was a drill intructor there for 4yrs and the AF basic isn't as easy as some think, alot more mental but be ready to run and push ups (lots of them) Good Luck

Are we having fun yet?
rock.gif

USMC GySgt here, been in for 15 yrs. now...

Blood makes the grass grow, Marines make the blood flow....

Socal rider, ride everyday, nice weather down here... hit the canyon everyday ... awesome...:)

Really dont have to winterize down here....:cool:

Back