Calling all military Busa's

Just reading your guys posts make me even more motivated to sign up then I was already. What do you guys think about reserve/active duty? I heard that you can go from reserve to active duty, but you cannot switch from active to reserve.
So I am leaning toward reserve. Also "Got-Busa?", I heard that there is a reserve place in Fairfield, OH. Do you know by any chance, because I am having trouble locating a AF reserve recruiter.
Rev, that really eased my mind with the age issue. hehe Thanks, guess I wouldnt be considered the "Older guy" joining. I didnt realize there was soooo many AF Busa owners here! Pretty cool..

Anyway, thanks for all your advice.
Mind game eh? "YES SIR!"

BigBS,

Where are you stationed at?  When did you go thru the AQC.    Been stuck at old mother rucker for the last 4 years.  I am hoping I get paroled in Jan for my 4th tour to Korea. Can you say SOJU.

SOJU!!

MUAHAHAHAHA!

Gotta love that stuff...

Met a lot of you Army folks over in the ROK... I hope to be going back for my 2nd stint there in a year or so.

Longbow, how hard is it to go from AD Air Force to become a flying warrant officer in the Army? Is that what you did? I have heard of a few GIs doing that, but never knew anyone who actually made the jump.

BusaFever,

Not that hard.  If you are interested pm me and I can get you started in the right direction.  The Army is hurting for pilots.  I made the jump in 1990.  I can think of at least 10 pilots here that were prior Air Force.

T

Fuego, I'm in the Air Foce stationed in Altus, Oklahoma....about 85 miles from Sheppard. I have a '99 Copper... the original!!! If you are interested in meeting up when you get there, give me a shout! (Mark...580-477-2055). The weather can play ahvoc in this region in the winter but there will be some days warm enough to ride in December and January. The Air Force is awesome! A great way of life...been in almost 15 yrs.

Thanks alot OK...I'll make sure to drop you a line when I come down next year. Man, I love hearing all about all these fine individuals serving our country...makes me even more excited about my time coming.

There are pros and cons to Active or Reserve, quazy...gather all the info you can and make the choice that's best for you. If you need info on active duty, there's certainly a number of individuals here who know better than I, but I can help you with the info about entering if you'd like.

And for the Army guys here...I've got a little Army in me. Went to Ft. Benning for Airborne school a couple summers ago. AIRBORNE!

Semper Fi .... Marines -mustang ... 11years from private to Captain ... and it didn't get easier at the top ... Subic Bay, Pattaya Beach, Korea, Hong Kong and a few other places.. but if i tell then i'd have to --well you know the rest! :laugh:

Quazy,

There is an Army National Guard Base in Springfield OH, about 20 miles East of Dayton. I don't know of any Air Force reserve base in Ohio. We have an AF reserve airlift wing at Wright Patterson (Dayton OH) if you plan to fly!

I would go to the Air Force website and see who the closest reserve recruiter is. Good luck!

Josh

U.S. Army 28 Jan 86 through 5 May 89. 10th Mountain Division, HHC 1st Batallion 22nd Infantry, Mortar Platoon. The experience is priceless. More fun than you can imagine. It can be worse than you can imagine also. My advice, do your own research. Make sure you have what you want in writing. Don't accept any thing less. Take all training seriously, as if your life depends upon it, because it may. And the biggest one of all: PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!! You will probably make friends that will last a life time.

Just imagine walking in the driving wind and rain, with a 160# pack on your back, and you are at a 45 degree angle into the wind just to keep from falling over. Oh yeah the temp is only 40 degrees. This was from one of my more "fun" memories.

It is all good, no matter how bad it seems.

Later,

Steve

Fuego, You are doing it right. ENJJPT is the way to do it! I went to UPT in Del Rio, TX after Officers Training School in San Antonio. There is nothing like the T-38. Even the Busa is a far second place. After ENJJPT you will FAR qual'ed automatically. F-16? How did you pull Euro-NATO? Are you in ROTC, OTS or the Academy?

My favorite AF document is the DD-214! :laugh:

LongbowIP

I went through the AQC back in '94. Here at Ft. Leavenworth for the long course (CGSC) right now. I hate to see you going on a 4th rotation to Korea. Hopefully, it won't get any more exciting than it usually does.

BigBSBusa,

Korea is like everywhere else. It's what you make it. The great thing about Korea is that no matter how bad or shitty it is, you know your are leaving within the next 12 to 18 months. If you come thru Rucker bring the Busa and we can ride around Molinelli Range.

Do you know where you will be going after the schooling? Taking a command somewhere? I am pretty sure after Korea I am going to Germany if we have any bases left there!!!!!!

T

Sierra: I'm in ROTC right now at Purdue University. The way we get selected for ENJJPT is after categorization as pilot, you can put in, and the top 10% of those selected who put in for it from ROTC, OTS, and the Academy get it. I'm a lucky man!

Afterwards...F-22 if they're takin LTs, F-15E or A-10 would be a dream, but no matter what, I'll be happy to be flying fast and blowing stuff up in the name of freedom!

I just finished getting my PPL in the good old Cessna 152...can't wait to get in T-37s and then T-38s and then somethin even faster..."doin mach 2 with your hair on fire!"

T

Don't know where I will go after school yet. Won't find out until Christmas, I think. If I get down there I will definitely bring the Busa and look you up.

Yea Fuego, the best part of ENJJPT is that you are guarenteed a fighter on graduation. No tankers or bombers. At least it was that way when I was in. At first all I wanted was an F-16. But after a while the A-10 looked like a fun gig. Low and agile and right in the middle of the fight. Great fire power and THAT GUN! But then a F-22 would be a sexy ride too.

Got Busa? I keep only three personal documents in the safe - Birth cert, passport and my DD-214. All are critical to a happy life.

Got Busa? I keep only three personal documents in the safe - Birth cert, passport and my DD-214. All are critical to a happy life.
:rofl: You guys crack me up!

Have fun flying guys! I thought that was the route I wanted at one time but have since decided against it. A few rides every now and then keep me happy!

Fuego,

The T-37 was a fun little plane but a real slug on power. The T-38 will be a nice jump for you. I am still waiting for a chance in an F-16! :super:

Maybe they will have a two seated F-22 some day; I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone! :alcoholic:

Good luck guys!

Josh

f22_011.jpg

They must have a F-22B model (2 seat) for checkouts and proficiency training. They are not just going to throw a "Brick" in a single seater and say "have a good time!" The AF hasn't done that since WW2. At $40-50 million a copy - no way.

Back