CA, AZ

Pic 9. The skid goes on.

9_stopping_point.jpg

Pic 10. This is where the bike finally came to rest. I don't know how Thrash held on 'cause the witness said it went on like a buckin' bronco! Anyhoo, when it stopped, Thrash got dumped to the right and smacked his upper thigh on that rock to the right. The big rock to the left was actually missed entirely and the bike fell over to the right. In-frickin'-credible.

A_Stopping_point.jpg

Pic 11. This is where Thrash was GOING to go. He ended up to the right of the picture.

B_Final_destination_3.jpg

Pic 12. Another shot of the originally intended route.

C_intended_destination_2.jpg

Pic 13. Tiny little scratch on the right fairing. Note the little white side light is untouched. Amazing.

D_Tiny_little_scratch_1.jpg

Pic 14. Closeup of scratch. It was so tiny, I had to really lean in to get it! Again, note the undamaged side light. (Arrow)

biggrin.gif

E_Tiny_little_scratch_2.jpg

Pic 15. The turnout where we parked to ogle Thrash's crash. Everyone and their bikes are behind me. Also gives you an idea of the beauty of Angeles Crest Highway. It's THAT beauty that brings me up there time and time again. The road's beautiful too!
blush.gif

F_Turnout.jpg

Pic 16. Everyone's bikes, just hangin' out. Well, not everyone. Some had already reached the end of the road. We just hung out until they returned.

G_Just_hangin_around.jpg

Pic 17.  This is the kind of rockslide that ends up all over the road every winter.  If you look just to the left of pic 16, you can see a glimpse of this same rockslide.  Also, a lot of these rockslides continue to dump crap on the road all year long, depending on circumstances. Also, the tree's-eye view pictures on the prior page show the same rock slide.

<!--EDIT|Wag
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124857744 -->

H_rockslide.jpg

yah kno ...after "viewing " Trash's bike .. n "viewing" said ---> scenery ..aka..--> final resting spot .. it is .. " Un-frickin - bahlibauhbal " .... that.. all he got was a .. thump'd hip/thi ..n the fact the bike came out..smellin like a rose... < shaken head>

Pic 18. Last one. More Angeles Crest Highway beauty. Fantastic scenery for many miles. If you get a chance, GO!!

Hope y'all enjoyed that. Thrash, thanks for letting us rib ya a little about this stuff. You're a real champ.

--Wag--

I_The_beauty.jpg

well i was hopping to make it sunday.. BUT i was hoping julie was gonna call me and let me know what time sunday. (i wasnt able to get access to the computer to find out).

so the crest was closed part of the way? im guessing it was the eastern part of it where the rain was i mentioned about...

well i was hopping to make it sunday.. BUT i was hoping julie was gonna call me and let me know what time sunday.  (i wasnt able to get access to the computer to find out).  

so the crest was closed part of the way? im guessing it was the eastern part of it where the rain was i mentioned about...
No sweat Brix, there is another ride coming up. I'll keep you posted on it.

oooh .. most definant ... Wag .. ^5 on da pics..of da -----> site of contact ..or as some may see it ... a "tree" ..
smile.gif

Thanks for the pics and the play by play Wag.

No worries about the ribbing. Regardless of what caused it, it was my fault. Bad tires, I fixated, whatever it was, it was me. So I deserve the ribbing
biggrin.gif

hows the "hip" felein thrash? better I hope ?
Yeah. better. It was a little stiff this morning. But right now I don't even notice it.

Thing never did bruised up. BA BUSA thought it might have had something to do with the padding on my leathers, the area that was hit had padding so maybe the padding absorbed enough of the shock to keep it from bruising.

Whatever happened to it, it stiffened up if I kept my leg straight and bending the leg seem to stretch it out and made it feel better.

So riding the Busa with the legs bent actually helped it stretch out and made it feel better.

Thanks for asking
biggrin.gif

Glad you're feeling more normal now.

We're going to try to swing by your area next week. Assuming all goes well, that is! I don't know what day yet, however. I'll call ya when we have a better idea.

Give our regards to your family.

--Wag--

Back