Busy weekend with MODS!

Busachemist, the bike looks fantastic. Nice work. Can I ask what kind of neons or leds did you use? I am looking for inexpensive leds of some sort. I don't think i am very electrically inclined, but with a little direction i could probably figure that part out. I do love the blue though, and i am hoping for an identical look since i have a blue 07.
Thanks speed! Anytime you need any help with the neons, shoot me a PM. i've done alot of neon work on other friends bikes (harleys too)

here is the linky for the neons. Guy ships from canada. The LEDs are packed in silicon covering making them water proof and nice flexible setup. very bright!!

Ive got one 8-LED strip behind each hole in the fairing (total of 4, 2 per fairing) and one 8-led strip under undertail.

Neon Lights!!

OK. Im going to check out that website right now. On my last bike, I had removed the rear fender cause that one bolted on. I wasnt using the plate light wiring harness anymore, so I spliced into those wires for my led lights back there. They came on and off with the bike that way which i thought i would like, but after a while i wished i had the ability to switch them off sometimes. was not nearly as bright as yours, they were just a glow which at the time was the look i was going for. which wires did you use from the bike for yours?

OK. Im going to check out that website right now. On my last bike, I had removed the rear fender cause that one bolted on. I wasnt using the plate light wiring harness anymore, so I spliced into those wires for my led lights back there. They came on and off with the bike that way which i thought i would like, but after a while i wished i had the ability to switch them off sometimes. was not nearly as bright as yours, they were just a glow which at the time was the look i was going for. which wires did you use from the bike for yours?
i have never really liked hookin up my neons to anything other than a toggle switch to give me complete control.

below is a pic of my switch. Might catch some flak for putting it where i did, but it gives allows me to remove my non throttle hand to flip on and off....

DSCN1006.JPG

did hook up the undertail neons to my accessory cable under the hump. Wanted a little extra illumination back there when the key was on, mainly to give me a little light on that tag. (i know a cop might not go for it, but hey, it's worth a shot!!)

DSCN1007.JPG

so, how did you know which wire was the accessory wire? and also, i used the wire crimp connectors last time. they worked well. did you use something similar? i dont want this to be a crappy job. wiring is usually hidden, but i feel better knowing its done right. your setup looks nice. the toggle switch looks good too. i would probably install my switch under the hump somewhere. i dont suspect that i would need to turn them on or off while riding. probably just flick em on at shows or while stopped somewhere. did u take any pics of the wiring at all?

so, how did you know which wire was the accessory wire? and also, i used the wire crimp connectors last time. they worked well. did you use something similar? i dont want this to be a crappy job. wiring is usually hidden, but i feel better knowing its done right. your setup looks nice. the toggle switch looks good too. i would probably install my switch under the hump somewhere. i dont suspect that i would need to turn them on or off while riding. probably just flick em on at shows or while stopped somewhere. did u take any pics of the wiring at all?
forgot to clarify on the accessory wire. "Smithabusa" on here sells an accessory wiring harness that plugs into the unused euro plug by the front right turn signal under the nose of the bike. when plugged in, it provides continuous power when the ignition is on. two of the accessory plugs on his wiring harness run back to the hump, and thats where i plugged the undertail neon into (was a simple red=power, black=ground setup)

as far as the other wiring, i soldered most of the wires running from the fairing to my "easy disconnect" plugs i put under the tank. the wires going to the rocker switch were installed with the simple female connectors and heat shrink put over them for a little extra protection.

The main power wire coming off the switch was a 14g and led straight to an o-ring connector on the '+' terminal on battery. Ground wires coming from the lighted rocker switch and grounds from neons all led to the '-' terminal on battery.

Here next week when i pull the fairing back off to change the coolant, i'll snap some pics of the wiring and positions of the neons.
thumb_up.gif

oh. that explains it a little. you should take a vacation up to naperville, il. its a beautiful place. and while your in the area.... i could pay you to do some electrical work on my bike.
smile.gif
i would like to see those pictures. so when you do take that fairing off next week, snap some and i would appreciate it. thanks for answeing all my questions so far. i gotta get away from this computer already. this site is a real addicting problem.

that looks slick one that just gave a boost not to sell my 03 sliver/grey
cool.gif
cool.gif
i love my 08 but the look of the 02and 03 grey/sliver
cool.gif
cool.gif
thumb_up.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

So, this is what my weekend looked like!!  Lots of mods, loads of fun!!!

---Started off the the steering damper mod.  Didnt take any pics cause I figure everyone has seen it already.  Used a 90 weight gear oil.  Feels a whole lot stiffer!

---Next, i moved on to my new Woodcraft Stator cover (thanks GIXERHP!!)  Stainless/Stainles puck.

pic 1 of 7...
Very nice!

beerchug.gif
thanks for all the props guys.

Will definately be snapping more pics later today when i get her out and ride and ge the sat radio hooked back up with new bluetooth adpater.

Will also get some full bike shots tonight with the neons.

Back